AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Say, Nick.
I run 10/60 as well which, unless your bug is alot heavier than it looks should be a good ratio. From what I've seen so far, heat is hell on these belts. Unless you have some misalignment, it's probably the heat. You may notice that I have a big access door to my pull starter that locks half open to get the fresh air in, and alot of exit out the bottom (even more important) to get the hot out. You'll notice the gypsy uses it's
entire headrest as a huge air scoop. Last year's version had little air ducting and their belts just turned
to jelly. Not anymore.

In reply to # 25251 by Firehouse9114 Hi Vitali,

I did make it out to Tieton but unfortunately not with my car. It was all booked up by the time I could fully commit so I decided to fly out and get to meet everyone to hopefully get an invite to join next year. You haven't seen all the video because mine still resides on my new gopro and I have to figure out how to get it off and edit it. I have been socially engaged since I got back but after a wedding this weekend I think things will settle down and I can finally look at it. The problem is I would rather be working on my new kart than on the computer and I am trying to grade out a track for a northeast meet in September.

I had an awesome weekend. The cars were beautiful and an awesome group of people. Unfortunately the gentleman racing is a bit of a misnomer, they were fast and furious smiling smiley hopefully I wouldn't be last in the pack but without a rack and pinion, better brakes and the shedding of some pounds ( car and me) I am not going to hit 60mph in my kart. I am running 10/60 and it is overheating and shredding belts so I am not sure how team "doing it wrong" is doing it...voodooo and larger cahonies than I have I guess. I see some upgrades are in order before Tieton 2018.

I haven't been on here in a bit ( and I seem to be having a problem on my iPad where i get redirected to some Facebook like ads every time I try to load a page on this website) How is you project coming along? How did the dash spotting turn out?

Best, nick

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1931 CycleKart Italian

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links