CycleKart Tech Forum

My 1924 Miller 122 Build has started.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Back at it!
I was able to have a full day in the CycleKart Shop on Saturday, as it was raining (finally!), and re acquainted myself with the Miller.
Found parts I forgot I had built already, and a bunch that I had to "almost completion" that just need to be un taped, re assembled, final fitted, etc. etc.
In a full day I dod not drill one hole, cut one piece of metal, weld anything, or fabricate anything, ...........but did manage to repaint one small piece (I forgot I had even made) and figure out where and how all my body panel templates went together.
Also decided on how I was going to make my tail section structure. Found a piece of plywood to make an internal buck.
That was it!
Nothing even worthy of a new picture!
Unfortunately the sun came back out on Sunday, so between loading walnuts, going to the dump, draining sprinkler lines , winterizing the shower house, cutting lawns (3 hour on the lawn mower) and picking the last of the beans, tomatoes, and fruit..........I was unable to make it back out to the CK shop!
And then it was Monday morning again.....and it was time to go back to work in my Street Rod shop on customer's Model T Truck.
My employee woke me from a deep sleep when he turned on the shop compressor at the un Godly hour of 8:30 am, waking me from deep sleep.
Man it sucks to be "Retired" !!
Good Roads
Woody

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, Oregon, USA   USA
Man, I get it. A farm's to-do list gets longer the more you do!

Pictures next time?

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Download my Camera this morning to see if I had taken any new pictures of my cyclekart build.
And yes, there were a couple with the tires mounted (yes, all 4 are mounted)
Woody

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P9261347.JPG    51.7 KB
P9261347.JPG

P9261348.JPG    56.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
P9261349.JPG    56.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Wow! Nice work Brian. Thanks for the ( salad bowl?) idea. I had just about given up on my Amilcar idea looking for that perfect roasting pan.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Salad Bowl????
Am I forgetting something??
Brian

RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
LOL, no probably not. I don’t have the skill level to form a beautiful bowl shape so your pic inspired me to possibly use part of a salad bowl for the top of the rad. No disrespect to your work intended. Guess I’m not very good at being funny.

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
In reply to # 26983 by RROLDSX LOL, no probably not. I don’t have the skill level to form a beautiful bowl shape so your pic inspired me to possibly use part of a salad bowl for the top of the rad. No disrespect to your work intended. Guess I’m not very good at being funny.

Ha ha, Brian is just not good at getting a joke!

Woodysrods Brian Woods
As I am not good at "forming metal" either.....just welding pre formed shapes together.
A Salade bowl is a great idea if it is the right size! Hell, I use a theatre garbage cane for my rad shell top!
The real forming is coming for me right now, as I am entering into the world of Aluminum body building.
I will let you know how that goes????????
Woody

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Well I tried! Made the bucks for my tail, and thought I was ready for aluminum.
BUT, old habits die hard......I found some 1936 Buick headlights I had out in the barn, and now am back to converting these to a "steel" tail section.
Welding steel is more in my wheelhouse.
Yes, I attacking pictures! Just being selective about "when" to post them, incase I change my mind again????
Woody

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Yes, keep throwing steel on the pile. Everyone knows it weighs nothing!

dBlast Avatar
dBlast Vince De Blasi
Maple, Ontario, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 27235 by carChips Yes, keep throwing steel on the pile. Everyone knows it weighs nothing!

It weighs half of nothing when you drill it full of holes like Swiss cheese plus you get ventilation for the motor.

gearguy Charles Schultz
Oil City, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
Nothing is heavier than unrealized dreams; better a few more pounds in steel than a longer wait for the first ride. You can redo it in aluminum later if you wish.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
After a long chat with Dennis Thomas last night, the tail may get even more holes.
As heat is also the enemy for these little machines!
Brian

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Brian, find a way to cheat an intake/exit if you can. It takes a lot of ugly holes to vent just static hot air out the top. Fresh air in will force the hot out.
I'm trying to imagine exactly how headlight housings will form the basis of a Miller tail.
I guess I too, must call for pictures.

Rhysn Rhys N
New Zealand   NZL
In reply to # 27242 by CmdBentaxle Brian, find a way to cheat an intake/exit if you can. It takes a lot of ugly holes to vent just static hot air out the top. Fresh air in will force the hot out.
I'm trying to imagine exactly how headlight housings will form the basis of a Miller tail.
I guess I too, must call for pictures.

As long as there is a way for the EXPANDED HOT AIR to get out. Most of the cars get a hot seat back which disproves the simplicity of the fresh air forcing the hot air out. Plan on getting it out.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1929 CycleKart Race Car

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links