CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

B.C. CycleKart Chapter

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Well I guess it is "Unofficially Official"....we have a B.C. Chapter!
I started a contact list or Roster a month or so ago, an thought that when it reached 10 people on that list we could start an "Official" group here in B.C.
Well, I have reached 10 CycleKart builder/owners and have 9 on our soon to be sent out Roster (plus one that at does not want to his name to appear on the New Roster just yet)So.....at his point (and to follow in the footsteps of the Newly formed Arizona Chapter) I am declaring the formation of the B.C. Chapter.
No rules, no leaders, no dues, no commitments, etc.........so far just a Roster!
This is a way we can help each other locally, and possibly promote future events in our immediate area.
It may also encourage team spirit......as demonstrated at the Tieton Grand Prix!
If you are close, and want to be included on our Roster (B.C. Chapter Member??)
Please give me a call 250 768-1912
Good Roads
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
Kelly Wood Avatar
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart Pre War "Sargette"
Awesome. Pure awesome.

Your numbers are impressive and I hope that our group of, well, 3 karts at the moment will follow suit.

Kelly Wood - Salt City Cyclekarts. https://www.facebook.com/groups/144739182665639/

tiopancho Avatar
tiopancho Silver Member David Dahl
Swansea Point, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
Count me in on this one.
David at 250 320 7692

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Welcome to the B.C. Chapter David
And Thanks for the great chat tonight!
It is so nice to share your enthusiasm for the building of a CycleKart this winter.
We hope to get our group together very soon to meet in person and discuss our CycleKart expectations.
Good Roads
Brin

rhc1442 Avatar
rhc1442 Platinum Member Randy Curry H.
Denver, colorado, USA   USA
Hi Brain
You said you were going to get Canada club started. WOW that was fast.
How is your frame coming along?
Randy in Denver

Attachments:
cycle kart 010.JPG    33.1 KB
cycle kart 010.JPG

028.JPG    32.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
029.JPG    33.9 KB
cycle kart 006.JPG    32.7 KB
Woodysrods Brian Woods
HI Randy
Yes, it came about very fast!
It was initially just a list of other CycleKart guys I had heard about and put on a contact list.
Then after talking to them and meeting most of them, we just decided to call ourselves a "Chapter" of the CycleKart Club.
The membership list was shared with those who were on the list, and now we are talking about getting together for a workshop day so everyone can meet each other to compare notes, share ideas, and motivate each other.
As there are only a few completed Karts that we currently know of in our area, most of us are at the building or planning stage.........so the idea is to provide a carrot or brass ring to give us purpose.
Who knows, there may be a "Canadian Grand Prix in our future, so get your passport updated!
Good Roads
Brian

Team classic Brian S
Lyttelton Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand   NZL
Hey Brian.Good luck with your new chapter, I think it is a great idea and who knows maybe some friendly [inter chapter] competition is on the horizon
Your kart looks very good and looking at the other build in your photo's you have some fine skills.That one reminds me of my friend lotus 23B.
.Regards Brian S.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
To set the record straight, you are looking at Randy Curry's build, and yes it does look great!

On another note:
It "Is Official".......the B.C. CycleKart Chapter will get together for the first time Saturday Nov. 26th at 10:00 AM in Westank
Please phone me if you can make it.
Brian
250 768-1912

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-26 06:56 PM by Woodysrods.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Well we had 4 of our members show up for a little show& tell today.
Don brought his new kart and his parts to show us and compare ideas.
Vic also brought over parts. We looked at pictures and mocked up things with what was in the shop.
I just received my steel and new TIG welder yesterday and was excited to show off my design drawings and specialized piece I have purchased over the summer.
Already looking forward to our next get together.
Don and I discussed the possibility of a localized event, and the way we could make more prospective Cyclekart builders aware of the hobby.
Good Roads
Brian

tiopancho Avatar
Sorry I missed it guys but I was committed to my fire officers course before. I'll be sure to get to the next one.

Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
It was a great GTG, and I found the answers to a lot of questions about my chassis build.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm moving ahead.

Next time...

1929 Riley Bitsa

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Last night I had a surprise visit from our newest member Al Biex from Kaslo.
We toured the shops and went through the parts I have gathered for my cyclekart build.
On Monday I ventured up to Don's place in Salmon Arm and checked out the progress on his build.
He has a great new front axle and is working on his motor and rear axle mounting.
I visited a couple other shops along the way and may have another prospective member!smiling smiley
Good Roads
Brian

tiopancho Avatar
Hi all,
My tires and tubes arrived today and my wheels are in Oroville waiting for me. I am thinking about getting them on Friday the sixteenth. I have to stop in Kelowna on Saturday so maybe I could get together Brian........ let me know and we can co-ordinate.....
David

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Hi David
Sounds Great!
I too have stuff in Oroville. We are going down Thursday or Friday also!
Mexican Food at Rancho Grandes
Would love to have a visit Saturday if we don't hook up with you sooner.
Please keep in touch.
Brian

Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
Dave,

I've got my front wheels mounted to the chassis, and I'm working on the rear axle. Drop by if you want to have a look.

I will be away for the winter starting Dec. 22.

Don

1929 Riley Bitsa

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links