CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

B.C. CycleKart Chapter

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Wow, wow ,wow.........the action is getting fast and furious in the B.C. Chapter now.
Ed and Martin are on a tear, buying parts and materials.
Ed was was here for the second time in just one week, to get more CK information, and prepare his parts list.
Martin sent me an email from his trip to Princess Auto, where he bought a bunch of his Xmas presents early, as he has headed back to work for a couple of months, and wants to be ready to fly at it when he gets back.
Peter has ordered his stuff and will have it here in Canada within the next month.
Randy is gathering down on the lower mainland, and now we have Chuck representing Vancouver Island.
2018 looks to be a promising year.
Good Roads
Brian
PS
We might even have pictures soon????

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Better start wrapping things up Brian.
One of these new guys is liable to pass you up!

Martin HL Avatar
Martin HL Martin Hill Lonergan
Armstrong, BC, Canada   CAN
Parts on the kitchen table. Told the wifey it had the best work height and that she should get used to that idea. Well at least that's what I said in my head before I was to to get it off and out and over the garage

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
image.jpeg    46.3 KB
image.jpeg

RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Nice score!

Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
There’s some nice goodies, it’s always nice when a box kart stuff is delivered.

1929 Riley Bitsa

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Merry Christmas to everyone in our growing B.C. CycleKart Chapter,smileys with beer
If the current building frenzy is any indication of what is to come.
2018 is going to be a FUN year!
We are currently seeking venues for organized events!
Good Roads
Brian

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Welcome to the Forum "FarmKart"
Brian

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Happy New Year!hot smiley
Peter, post a picture here for the other Chapter Members.
Brian

Martin HL Avatar
Alright, this is driving me bonkersconfused smiley
I'm bouncing around in the North Sea and have been for a while now (very bouncy with 70 knot gusts over a steady 40 knot wind, very lumpy in 50m of water). Jan 9th is the end of my fourth week away with another 4 to 5 to go and I just wanna get home and start the build. The base port I'm on has just changed over ships and the cabin on the replacement ship is tiny. I can't spread the print out of my cyclekart drawing anywhere. The cat I have is all broken & bloody where I was swinging it around to see just how little room I had?
Brian & Ed have ordered parts for me that should hopefully be at their locals when I get back. Usually when I get back to Kelowna airport after a trip away, the wifey picks me up to arrive home for a couple of beers & then sleep for a day. This time the wifey will get a surprise when I ask her to drive to Brian's in West Bank first and then stop by Eds.
I have come across a piece of packing material that'll make for a great seat cushion and back rest though and I'm actually going to buy my tires tubes and tube protectors in the UK and bring them home. I'm allowed two pieces of baggage so the company are basically going to cover the cost of the extra suitcase full of tires. No tax as I'll not be exceeding my allowance plus I'll be saving about $90 on purchase price. They do have white wall 17" but state they are for show, not driving.

tada

RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Martin:

Can’t imagine that kind of sea. It takes a different kind of guy to do what you guys do.

As far as Cyclekart progress your ahead of me already. I spent pre-Christmas gathering parts and expecting to get my Olds 455 engine back from the machine shop in November, it will now be ready in a March. It has to go in my 69 442 before I can start my Cyclekart build. I’m also not home for the next two months. So when I get back home, I’ll be installing my engine, then finishing my design of my kart. So bottom line is Tieton doesn’t isn’t Looking good for my build premier. I still plan on being there though. Anyway, that’s where I’m at.

Happy New Year everyone.

Randy

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Hi Martin
The Diffs I ordered for you and Ed from Northern Tool, have arrived at my shipping location in the USA.
Sandi and I plan to head down to pick them up pn Wednesday if it is not snowing.
Brian

Martin HL Avatar
Hey Brian, so nice of you and Ed to get me all this free stuff as a welcome home present, I think that's what we agreed on right??

Randy, one ship I was on approx. 25 years ago (been doing this for 30) nearly sank.
Real heavy seas going from Southampton in the UK to Halifax. We got into and couldn't outrun a bad storm, the ships props came out of the water cresting a massive wave which made the engines over rev so they cut out.
We were dead (almost literally) in the water for almost 20 minutes side on to the waves. We tipped to 55 degrees (stand against a wall and do that, its unbelievable) and tore the welds on three plates down the starboard side.
It was quite literally all hands to the pump trying to get as much water out as was coming in. Scary stuff.

RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Brian got me all my stuff for Christmas. I think he got a bulk deal at Northern Tools for the differentials.

I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone but now that the jigs up.....

WRT to the sea, I watch Deadliest Catch and YouTube videos of high seas, blows me away.

Have fun on your build! Buy Brian a beer for me and I’ll give you a detailed list of all the other things he got me.

Randy

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Okay Guys thanks for the Santa description, especially on opening day of another Process Auto sale.
I was there first thing this morning with my list and a shopping cart full of motors.
Woke up to money in my account from Texas with a request to throw an extra 196 CC in my shopping cart!
Heading across the border to pick up all of my ebay purchases and have Mexican lunch tomorrow.
Brian

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Okay B.C. Chapter Members
I know I can email all of you with the click of one button, but is so nice to see the participation from our members here on the Forum.
So I will continue to use this post to help create interaction within our Chapter, but on the Forum.
As an update, our two newest members Peter & Ed are ramping it up with their builds. And setting a pace that should make us all envious.
There builds should also serve as inspiration to the rest of us to kick our own projects back into high gear.
Great work guys!
Peter, you got your tires very fast???
Ed was telling me about a tire sale he is considering, and Martin plans to have a couple of suitcases full of tires on his return from the UK in 4 weeks.
Good Roads
Brian

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

2015 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links