CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

First cyclekart build '20-'30s racer.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Torro123 Avatar
Torro123 René Wesselius
Amsterdam, NH, Netherlands   NLD
Made a kind of housing for the cranck on the front cover plate,also finished the front face of the grille,to get the raised edge around the opening i used an old serving tray,cut out the middle and made it smaller and shorter........bit of bondo did the rest.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
PICT0004.JPG    61.5 KB
PICT0004.JPG

PICT0005.JPG    62.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
PICT0006.JPG    55.3 KB
Torro123 Avatar
Torro123 René Wesselius
I glassed the cowl(have to do more layers from the inside and laminate the wood in)and a side panel which opens to start the engine.
The louvres are a panel from a builders market,i am going to blend it in with some bondo,the hinges are fom an old wardrobe door.

Attachments:
PICT0003.JPG    56.8 KB
PICT0003.JPG

PICT0007.JPG    58.8 KB
Torro123 Avatar
Torro123 René Wesselius
Small update,Have'nt done much on the CK,health is much worse as expected and i have to go for another surgery,the doctors are not sure if the cancer is totally removed from my bladder so they want to do it again.
First i have to do another chemo treatment and afetr that surgery,don't know when it happens but probably next month or so.
Feeling weak now and can't do much on the CK.
However i have put new spokes into the rims,fitted the front brakes and now busy making a handbrake lever which i can lock,so when the CK engine starts the front brakes are on,if the lock is lifted the lever can be used as a normal front brake.
The rear brake will be a discbrake used with a footpedal.
Thats all for now,René
p.s.
To entertain myself i have bought a new puppydog,a boxer..........my other boxer loves his new babybrother and it is a joy to watch them play all day.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0733.JPG    69.6 KB
IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0741 - kopie.JPG    50.4 KB
IMG_0720.JPG    50.7 KB
Tom Knight Avatar
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
1911 CycleKart Racing "Yellow Peril"
we thinking of you Rene' keep up the good fight...Tom

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
Glad to hear you're keeping a positive attitude with all you've been going thru this year Rene.
That's probably half the battle. Even with all your problems, you're still getting ten times more
done than most of us.
Love the new pup, good thing they get along so well. Our puggle is jealous of any other dog
that comes near me or my wife.
Wish the best for you and hope you get some good news soon.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
Boxers are the best they are such a happy fun and loving breed they bring so must joy. Keep that and your positive attitude in your heart, be well !!
Al

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

Torro123 Avatar
Torro123 René Wesselius
Small update:
I have been working on the fronr brakes,they are done now and working like a hand brake with a lever on the right side of the kart.
While i was adjusting the cables suddenly i did feel something pop in my chest and had to sit down for a while,feel a pain in my left arm and shoulder and after that i was sl;ipping away and getting unconcious on the shop floor.
A half hour later a neighbour who was wondered why the dogs keep barking came look and found me laying there and called an ambulance.
I was in the hospital for 4 days,recovering from a hart attack,feeling allright now but tomorrow back to the hospital for check up.
Thanks to the dogs i'll be still here and not above the clouds,amazing these animals can feel if somethin is wrong.
René

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
You're having a rough time of it one way and another René, take it easy, the kart will still be there when you recover. It'll be good therapy once you're fit enough to make more progress with it, I still haven't even started mine. Just as well the dogs alerted your neighbour, animals can do amazing things, sometimes they can even sense something medical is going to happen.

Chris

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Keep up the positive attitude and forward movement you are an inspiration for all of us. Love your pups.

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. P.
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Hello René,
It seems that you are indestructible!

Somebody sent dogs to us to take care about us and that we have to take care about somebody, if do not have anybody else around (at the moment)?
For how long until now: a few tens of thousand years I suppose?

I am sure that designing, building and driving CycleKart is the best therapy for any trouble. However, as Chris said: slow-down a little, keep passion but patience too! Anyway, you are one of the most creative and fastest designer/constructor here, so ...

All the best for you and kiss your dogs in my name!
(as dogs are convenient for CUSTOM KARTS sub-forum, new photo of dogs-heroes (angels?) would be welcomed (you and your machine, too)

Regards,
Zoran
P.S.: Red colour is for joy, happiness and good luck!
(we the Serbs are superstitious a lot; if something good-willing wouldn't help – it shouldn't harm)

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-05 04:08 PM by moto-klasika.

Torro123 Avatar
Torro123 René Wesselius
Handbrake assembly

Attachments:
IMG_0881.JPG    61.9 KB
IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG    47.4 KB
IMG_0884.JPG    52.4 KB
IMG_0886.JPG    50.8 KB
Torro123 Avatar
Torro123 René Wesselius
Handbrake and the two friends who saved my life.

Attachments:
IMG_0882.JPG    50.7 KB
IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG    50.7 KB
IMG_0866.JPG    58.7 KB
IMG_0862.JPG    62.9 KB
Tom Knight Avatar
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
1911 CycleKart Racing "Yellow Peril"
We would still be in caves if not for them...get well Rene'

Torro123 Avatar
Torro123 René Wesselius
YesterdayI had the second surgeryon my cancer issue,all went well and if they are right i am clean now,in two months there will be a check up but all looks good,now i am going to take some time to recover now.
Done nothing to the CK,it will be moved to next winter as the classic season is on now,we are going to meetings showing and riding the Ford model A and the veteran motorcycles and mopeds

Attachments:
PICT0002.JPG    73.4 KB
PICT0002.JPG

6394557a5cbefb16d5.jpg    58.3 KB
Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Great news thanks for sharing. By the way love thre Model A I have a 30.

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1934 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links