CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

NEW TO THE GROUP JUST BOUGHT A MORGAN STYLE 3 WHEELER

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

laverda168 Dustin S
Hoffman Estates, illinos, USA   USA
hi i am new to the group and I am interested in everything vintage and motorized so I recently purchased a 3 wheel morgan style kart and just want thoughts on what I possibly should do with this it needs some work which I have already started by fine tuning this garage made kart. whats everyone think yes or no on restoration project

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSCN9577.JPG    50.2 KB
DSCN9577.JPG

DSCN9579.JPG    51.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSCN9581.JPG    60.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Welcome to the club Dustin. That cart looks fun just the way it is, but I'd like to point out a couple of short comings, 1: headlight aimed wrong, 2: steering wheel is on the wrong side. LOL!

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
I wouldn't change much either. It has a certain, patina.
See that it won't kill anyone naturally, but too much refinement might ruin it.

Dave

Team classic Brian S
Lyttelton Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand   NZL
From the [Downunder] perspective the steering wheel looks perfect Dustin, as does the patina''. Good luck and welcome. Brian S.

chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Reference to the steering wheel puzzled me too Brian, can't see anything wrong with it. winking smiley Be interested to see more details of the drive system. I'd just do whatever's needed mechanically, but leave the cosmetics alone, other than a clean.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-16 03:55 AM by chrisenamels.

laverda168 Dustin S
Hoffman Estates, illinos, USA   USA
Thanks for thoughts I am leaving original as much as possible I am fixing the mechanics of the kart but for me to drive I had to cut back the rear otherwise there was no way I was getting in the kart. I did it respectfully so it does not really affect the appearance or change the kart the original seat was never finished so that will also have to be adjusted. Going to tear her down today and with any luck I will be riding this evening

tiopancho Avatar
tiopancho Silver Member David Dahl
Swansea Point, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
looks like a Lotus-Morgan hybrid!

dwminch Avatar
dwminch Don Minch
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA   USA
1948 Other Custom "Tempus"
1970 Other Custom "Temp Name = Troika"
In reply to # 22341 by chrisenamels Reference to the steering wheel puzzled me too Brian, can't see anything wrong with it. winking smiley Be interested to see more details of the drive system. I'd just do whatever's needed mechanically, but leave the cosmetics alone, other than a clean.

I'd like to see some pics of the drivetrain too. Just speculation, but I was thinking the easiest way the builder might have done it would be to lay an old outboard boat motor on its side, with engine mounts that would pivot, and with the shaft running in line fore-to-aft under the chassis, then make a custom intake manifold so you can turn the carburettor 90 degrees. And where the propeller was mounted - that's where you put the rear hub and suspension bracket. All just guesswork though. I am anxious to see how it was really done.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1937 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links