CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Dreamt about the future of "unlimited class" Cyclekarts last night.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Not sure if I can remove the links but, I can remove any discussion that may
take place on my side of the fence. Hope that makes everyone happy.
dg

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-17 08:42 AM by Denny Graham.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Ya, no. Nice sound but cycle carts are all about driving and having fun not really racing.

But, go a head and enjoy yourself.

gearguy Charles Schultz
Oil City, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
Similar HF motor is 22hp & 100 pounds for $699.Slightly better #/HP than the Predator 212 [6.5 hp & 38#] but over twice the cost per HP. I think I'd try a nitrous kit or mini turbocharger on the $100 motor. Or look at used motorcycle motors on E-Bay to built a Morgan replica. Saw Honda v twins for less money than these industrial twins.

BTW, Generac makes their own twin in this power range. One of their engineers put one in a mini-chopper & it was very cool.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Out of control, Denny.
Flat out of control.

TheGIantTribble Avatar
Chelmsford, Essex, UK   GBR
Denny, yup them engines do sound nice. (I'm working on a trick exhaust to make my clone GX200 sound like a v8, probably wont work but what the hell it's fun)
Is there a potential for a more powerful version of cyclekarts, hell yes. In fact I've had lots of thoughts along those lines,
and even drawn some plans.
Would it be cyclekarts, errrr no.
For me the thing that most defines CK's is the philosophy. As is written on Stephensons website
words to effect of 'if your doing something to make a ck faster you are doing it wrong'

1954 Chevrolet 3600
deleted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-17 08:43 AM by Denny Graham.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
There is no way I would another 40 lbs (Don't forget the Tav 40) back there! Now, up front? With some brakes up there? And some Harley FXR 16" wheels?
But this kind of talk is like discussing governor removal over on the OMB !

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
OK Denny, I reported you. How do you like that for dander? I'm going back to skipping your post, because you really don't have anything intelligent to say!

TheGIantTribble Avatar
Chelmsford, Essex, UK   GBR
And a big hello from over the puddle, Denny...I'm confused, maybe I'm missing something in translation, maybe you use the term dander in a completely different way to us Brits! At least half my post agreed with you yet you feel the need to act like a troll...oh wait, lets look back at some of your previous posts...*reads a few page*...congratulations you are indeed an internet troll

Reported.

gearguy Charles Schultz
Perhaps it would be less offensive to some purists if we called anything that did not comply with the "Formula" a Cycle Car instead of a cycle kart. I enjoy seeing the artistry created by people on here and cringe when people start criticizing because someone is going against their idea of cycle kart purity. I was tempted to say "CK Taliban" instead of "purist" but I stopped myself because it is a needless escalation of a silly disagreement. Seriously, some folks must have been thrown out of every local within driving distance for not knowing how to have a friendly discussion without fists flying.

People have been "cheating" on every set of rules ever written. If I started a cockroach racing league some of you would be raising the vermin on steroids next week. Half of the inspiration cars cited on this site were "rules specials" looking for an edge. Those spindly little cars with WWI aero motors stuffed in them are a case in point. I'm planning a Cycle Car with lots of "improvements" over the Formula; as my mother used to say "that is no skin off your nose" so why be unpleasant about it on this forum?

So what about "Cycle Car" for anything that is outside the lines?

1954 Chevrolet 3600
deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-17 08:44 AM by Denny Graham.

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
There is a Custom Karts section of the Forum for things that fall outside the Cyclekart definition, and that's where this belongs. I'm not a Purist, I'll be building something different, but within the definition of dimensions and power output. I'll also at some point probably be building a road legal Cyclecar, but I wouldn't constantly waffle on agitating to change cyclekarts into what I want. I have no problem with discussion, but the use of the term "CK Taliban" is not helpful, I for one find that deeply offensive!!

Chris

gearguy Charles Schultz
Chris:
That is why I stopped myself from saying it. Is it difficult living with such thin skin? Lighten up people! Denny is trying to have an enjoyable chat about possible building ideas for the future and some of you act like he is cussing in church.

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Charles,

Yes I was over sensitive in my reaction. Other than that what are we arguing about, the only thing that was wrong with Denny's post was that it wasn't in the Custom Karts section of the forum. In terms of cyclekarts, yes he was cussing in church, there is an established basic formula of dimensions and power, anything outside that isn't a cyclekart. I'll be building a Morgan style three wheeler, using the back end of a 125cc scooter, I could use one of the 15 bhp ones but I'm not going to because it wouldn't be a cyclekart. I assume that yours with all it's improvements will still comply with the basic (flexible) spec.

Anyway I don't enjoy getting embroiled in this sort of thing so I'll ignore Denny's posts from now on, whatever the subject. I see having stirred things up he's done his usual thing and deleted his posts.

Chris

CmdBentaxle Avatar
Denny, in his introduction of the topic, clearly was trying to bring up something he knew would provoke
discussion, to enliven this forum. But it's HIS topic. There was no highjacking here. If the subject bothers you, don't participate.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

2012 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links