CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

New Zealand, Tauranga Driving event, 21 May 2017

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

YourSolutions Steve Nicholson
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand   NZL
I've organised a venue for a day of cyclekart driving in the lovely sunny Tauranga, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand, 21 May 2017.

I know, late notice, however those that have completed cyclekarts in NZ, North Is, should already know about this via direct contact. Apologies if I missed you, we have only recently got this day set up.

Event will be held at Te Matai Motorsport race area located in the TECT All Terrain Park, midway between Tauranga and Rotorua. After turning into the park, drive past the information centre along Whataroa Road 1km, turn right in to the Te Matai Motorsport gate (Lette Rd). We should be there between 10am-3pm. Shops for anything are 1 hour return trip drive away so bring all supplies, food, fuel etc, with you.

We will be using both the 1km autocross track and the 4km gravel loop road sprint track.
To see a drive round the autocross track look
here and the 4km gravel sprint track
here, will hopefully be just as exciting in a cyclekart!

Currently we have 3-4 cyckarts coming for this event. All are welcome to a attend as spectators and it may be possible try out a kart if the kart owners are open to this. We are hiring the area on a per user basis, there will be a fee for all drivers to help cover Te Matai Motorsport costs for running the area. Note: Te Matai Motorsports are not running this event, I am, contact me directly if you have any questions.

The aim of this event is to test out the tracks for suitability for running a weekend long event next year and start promoting cyclekart events in New Zealand.

Looking for someone with a drone who would be interested in taking some video footage of the day that we can use for promoting next years event.

Thanks.
Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Injunbike Avatar
Injunbike Mike Thorpe
Auckland, North Island, New Zealand   NZL
1914 CycleKart French
1914 CycleKart German "GP Mercedes"
1920 Other Custom
1922 CycleKart Great Britain "R A 30/98"    & more
After a rubbish week weather wise Tauranga turned on a stunner day although Very cold (frozen puddles).
A ton of fun was had Trying out all the different terrains.
The auto cross track has huge potential. It was suffering from all the rain and had some big washouts.
My personal favourite was the 4km gravel Rally stage. So good I ended up doing 3 laps with no brakes.
Thanks to Steve and Wendy for Putting on a Great lunch and organizing the facilities.
Get building Kiwis and lets do it again in summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-22 02:08 AM by Injunbike.

Attachments:
DSC02111_1.JPG    84.9 KB
DSC02111_1.JPG

DSC02098_1.JPG    96 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSC02103_1.JPG    94.1 KB
DSC02080_1.JPG    78.4 KB
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
WOW! That looks fun! Just like some logging roads near me or the rally section anyway.

So, is that the last time you're going to put the Merc together Mike?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Injunbike Avatar
Injunbike Mike Thorpe
Auckland, North Island, New Zealand   NZL
1914 CycleKart French
1914 CycleKart German "GP Mercedes"
1920 Other Custom
1922 CycleKart Great Britain "R A 30/98"    & more
Vic
The Merc is going to be at Tieton V. So I have to pull it apart again and pack it up next week!

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Hopefully it's the same customs officer as a couple years ago.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hi Mike
My friends find your dedication hard to believe.
Have a safe trip....se you in Tieton!
Brian

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1921 CycleKart German

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links