CycleKart Tech Forum

some photos of my Kart so far.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Bob,

They'll be right, VXB are a very good bearing supplier, I've bought from them in the past. The bit that makes the difference is the-12, the standard 6202-2RS is the 15mm one. I'll be sticking with the 17mm ones, unless I change my ideas with the wheels, and go with 37mm x 20mm bearings, standard metrics are much cheaper over here. As I'll be fabricating the spindle carriers, I can make them with replaceable spindles. Depending on how much I get back on the surplus scooter parts, the budget might stretch to more expensive wheels.

Chris

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ga.bob Bob Taylor
Perry, georgia, USA   USA
I got a little more done while waiting on parts. Built a grill out of sheet aluminum, and bent up a hood. Made a small racing windscreen, and a dashboard. I found an old aluminum knob off of some past project? and it will become my radiator cap.

I had not decided what type of car I was building, I was waiting till it got far enough along to make a definite call as to where I could go with the determining details. Right now, I am seeing a 1925 Sunbeam tiger. Not the LSR version, but more of the GP style that used a stock front end. I also like the rear end louvers on the real car. it should help let out some heat. The trick will be to reproduce the bulges in the hood sides that cleared the cam covers on the real car. It will probably be a rendition of that car rather than an exact copy.

ga.bob Bob Taylor
Well, I am on four wheels! all machine work is done except for front hub covers to mount the knock offs. Brakes work, throttle is good, Steering is ok as good as I can tell without a test ride. I might have to much caster, but that can be adjusted once I drive it.
I weighed the darn thing this morning, and I am I at 250 with no body panels or upholstery!. What are some of your guy's karts weighing?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ga.bob Bob Taylor
Making what I think is good progress on my Kart. Had to play with some color as a test. The body is skinning out nicely, and I was able to get a good roll on the edges of the cockpit. Nice and smooth with no sharp edges. Need to tackle the fiberglass tail section next I guess.

cyclefreedom Avatar
cyclefreedom Brian C
Naperville, IL, USA   USA
1928 CycleKart French "Bri-gatti"
Wow looks great , nice craftsmanship. For my next build I am thinking of doing a metal body with some wood. Looking forward to more pictures.
Happy building!

sherwayne Sherwin R
Jacksonville, FL, USA   USA
Looking great so far. Keep those pics coming. I dig the wheels.

ga.bob Bob Taylor
I put off doing the tail section till I got more done on the body. I got this far over the weekend with my foam. Next up is the fiberglass. I hope to re use the mold to make the bottom half of the rear body.

Wow ga.bob,

What a great CK and quickly done as well. OK, inquiring minds need to know, the knock offs, make them your self? Buy them, if so where? will you please share, they are SO cool looking. I went to the All British swap meet here in town earlier this year to look for knockoffs. They were available but are all out of proportion to the CK wheels, these look just right.

TX
Mr fixit
Chris smiling smiley

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Bob,

If you wrap the mould tightly in pallet wrap, and warm it with a hair drier, or heat gun on low, it'll form a release barrier which will preserve your mould for future use.

I'll be using 14" wheels on my Morgan, as that's what the originals scale to, so they'll look more in proportion.

Chris

ga.bob Bob Taylor
Got to do a short test drive last night! all works good. I wont be changing my caster setting like I thought I would, it tracks great, and is not hard to turn at speed.
video: https://www.facebook.com/100000602479808/videos/1763171447046254/

ga.bob Bob Taylor
Still making progress on my Kart. rear tail section is giving me fits, but I will get it! Fine tuning the front end yet, and adjusting all that needs re tightened after numerous road tests. Its getting there!

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. P.
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Bob,
All possible congratulations on your work! It is so fast that it is hard to be followed even on computer - not to mention in "project-race"!
CycleKart is cute and looks built with high mechanical quality.
Regards,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
Looking good Robert. You're certainly moving right along with the build.
Pretty soon all you'll have left is to find someone to chase you around.
Denny G

ga.bob Bob Taylor
well, I am much closer to being finished, if that can be possible with any project. Funny how I didn't have a clue what type of car I was replicating, and really didn't care to much, as long as it had the period look. The more I did, the more obscure it became. I finally realized, that the car had an Austin special look to it. Seeing as how no two of them were ever the same, I though, hey! lets go with that! So at this point, I am calling my Kart an Austin 7 special, and will be detailing it to that end. I am going to run her in primer for awhile, till all the bugs are worked out, and all the little details are finalized. All I will be out are a few inexpensive decals that I can replace when painted. A new wood rimmed steering wheel is in the works also.

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
Man O' man, you don''t waste any time do you Bob.
That's moving right along, two months and ready for paint.
Got to be close to the record for a nicely done well proportioned
Cyclekart.
As I said, now all you need to do is find an east coast Tieton.

dg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1930 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links