CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Observations from turn 2.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
Advance Design Trucks? Robert you much be a Stovebolt fan. Not to many
guys even hot rodders actually call them by their correct name.
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/dgraham
Was my passion before the Cyclekart bug bit me. Still got both and
still put a little time in on them when I can. Just daily drivers and I
keep them stock as the day they left the factory. I'm a 95% purist
in that respect.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, iL

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dave 46 Robert Davison
Toppenish, WA, USA   USA
Well Denny if you saw my photos in the album I posted on the Tieton Grand Prix you may have noted that they were on the Mr48Chev Photobucket page. I've had my 48 Chev Pickup since 1973. Maybe someday it will tow a trailer hauling a cycleKart to an event if I ever get the truck done and build a Kart.

T Hilde Avatar
T Hilde Todd Hildebrandt
Faribault, MN, USA   USA
2016 CycleKart Stevenson "A-C Special"
In reply to # 25616 by Dave 46 Well Denny if you saw my photos in the album I posted on the Tieton Grand Prix you may have noted that they were on the Mr48Chev Photobucket page. I've had my 48 Chev Pickup since 1973. Maybe someday it will tow a trailer hauling a cycleKart to an event if I ever get the truck done and build a Kart.

you don't really need a trailer, this is my old '49 that a buddy now owns.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Picture0717161748_1.jpg    48.5 KB
Picture0717161748_1.jpg

Dave 46 Robert Davison
Toppenish, WA, USA   USA
That's almost exactly the way my truck looked when I bought it for 75.00 in 1973. It has been redone and wore out a few times since then but is getting the full custom treatment and I don't want to haul anything except a cooler and bagged folding chairs in the bed. This is 40 years of planning to get it the way I want it.
Poor old truck has earned it's days to only be a show truck that doesn't have to work too hard in the 300K + miles I put on it. That included driving it from my home out behind where I live now 46 miles to and Tieton to work at Jim's Garage and back each day for a year or so about 25 years ago.
I keep looking around at what I have to build a cycle Kart and I have two pairs of Model T frame rails that use to be part of a trailer that look all too interesting, That with a cut down dragster front axle that I bought at an estate sale more as a wall hanger than as something to use. When I took my flatbed over to my daughter's place so she could load it full of stuff for a dump run my son in law broke the grandson's too big for the new pace metal frame bed and that got hauled home for the reserve metal pile. Lots of different sizes of light weight tubing that could be used. Add to that I need and excuse to use the English wheel I bought a while back. HF had it in their "we got to get rid of the old floor model stuff" area at a steep discount and it came home with me. I've got a semi retired buddy with a shop full of equipment who can build anything that can be made out of metal and any kind of metal. My big problem is that I don't have a shop large enough to even build a cyclekart in let alone a pickup or roadster. I've even got a Preditor horizontal shaft motor in the box in the garage intended for one of my air compressors.

That looks a lot like Old Blue Todd, that is, the condition,
and the fact that she's a '50, 3600. Being a 3/4 ton gives
me an extra 10" length in the bed. I'm also going to be
building a stacker trailer because I'm planning more
than one kart once i get rolling.
dg

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Denny it is easier to stack them two high in the back of your PU then it is to build a trailer.
I should talk.....I just bought the new tires for my CycleKart Trailer Project this morning???
It is called putting the "Cart before the Horse"........but in this case it is the "Trailer before the Kart"
Get back to work and quit thinking!
I will try to do the same.
Woody

T Hilde Avatar
T Hilde Todd Hildebrandt
Faribault, MN, USA   USA
I'd like to see some pictures of your haulers.

Naw, no problem fabricating a trailer Woody. I’ve built several. Had to have one for my Pitts
biplane before we moved to the airport. I needed to haul it 40 miles from our house out
to the Sandwich airport in the off season so I could do the annual inspections and
maintenance. A friend had to vacate the shop he was renting and donated a nice axle with
springs and wheels. Turns out that they were VW/ Karmann Ghia wheels, hubs and
spindles with like new tires, and yes…..I’m aware of the DOT codes for date of
manufacture. Don’t plan on any long haul with it across the country at breakneck speeds.
That axle is plenty strong for a thousand lbs worth of karts.
Also kept a front axle from a ’48 Jimmy ¾ ton and have plenty of spare wheels with new
tires all mounted up. I was keeping that to possibly use for a trailer also.

Forgive me Todd if you were addressing that toward Woody, but if you meant by “hauler”
the trucks, here’s one of the AD’s which I’ve been driving since 2005.
Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Attachments:
VW-Karmann Ghia Wheels.JPG    43.3 KB
VW-Karmann Ghia Wheels.JPG

GMC three quarter ton PU 01.JPG    48.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
May 22, 2015 red-white-n-blue.JPG    56.4 KB
T Hilde Avatar
T Hilde Todd Hildebrandt
Faribault, MN, USA   USA
It was actually for both of you. And anyone else with an old truck.

Truck looks good Denny!

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Here is one of mine.
Woody

Attachments:
Stude Truck 008.jpg    50.2 KB
Stude Truck 008.jpg

Dam Gathering May 2013 218.jpg    39.5 KB
Nice truck Woody, what color you gonna lay over that DP90LF primer????

(hope ya know I'm pullin' yur leg buddy.)

Are you gonna be able to stack the karts in the back of that Studebaker
if you don't get the trailer finished?

dg

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Yah.......the flat black on my truck cost about 5 times as much per gallon as DP90LF.
Had that and the "good" DP90 plus the LF in stock.
Driven hat truck over 100,000 miles.
Love it!
Brian

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1912 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links