CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Starting the Maserati CM4 Build!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

PreWarRacer Bryan F
Lunenburg, Massachusetts, USA   USA
Stumbled upon your build and had to join. I've been considering a build myself, but i have too many projects as it is. What stuck me about your build is that 4cm maserati, chassis #1120. if you need pictures of anything on the real car I'd be glad to help. I'll have the belly pans off of it some time this week and it will be racing limerock park next weekend.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
PreWarRacer Bryan F
Laguna seca last weekend

Attachments:
IMG_20170817_090703288.jpg    33.8 KB
IMG_20170817_090703288.jpg

Wikispeeder Bruce C
Tewksbury, MA, USA   USA
Bryan - WOW! Thank you so much. Yes, I would certainly love more pictures, especially of things like the dash, and details of the hood straps. I'll doubtless have a million questions for you. Looks like you are nearby, so if a visit to see it in person would be possible, that would be even better.

-Bruce

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
PreWarRacer Bryan F
Truck should be back from California tomorrow afternoon, I'll take a few pics after everything is unloaded. You're more than welcome to come meet the car. I'll be taking it apart at the end of September for the off season. I'll keep you posted.

Attachments:
IMG_20151215_215756033.jpg    47.2 KB
IMG_20151215_215756033.jpg

PreWarRacer Bryan F
Hope these help for now!

Attachments:
IMG_20170826_171752659.jpg    42.6 KB
IMG_20170826_171752659.jpg

IMG_20170826_171800177.jpg    35.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_20170826_171825594_HDR.jpg    37.4 KB
IMG_20170826_171815484.jpg    52.2 KB
Wikispeeder Bruce C
Tewksbury, MA, USA   USA
Nice pics Bryan,

Is that a St Christopher medallion there in the middle of the dash? I'm especially interested in getting the dash and gauges to look right, even if non-functional in my case. (Well, I assume St C. will work for a cycklekart as well). Do you know if the steering wheel was ever wrapped in string to increase the grip? Seems to be common on cars of the era. CK's having only a 1/2 turn to lock-to-lock can use all the grip they can get.

What color code/brand paint is that beautiful red? Never figured I'd get a chance to ask the actual owner for the exact stuff and was going to wing it. Another thing I'll be able to get right for sure!

Good luck at Limerock!

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
So Bruce
How lucky are you?
Boy that car is so similar to the ERA I almost used as my inspiration car.
Woody

PreWarRacer Bryan F
All of the period photos of the car show it with a bare wood wheel, that is the st Christopher medallion too. I'll grab a few detailed pics of the dash. The water temp and fuel pressure gauges failed at Laguna, so I'll be removing them for rebuild over the off season. I have a paint sample at the shop with the color code on it.

The car missed one practice at lime rock due to the restart troubles of methanol and cool humid weather (I advise you to leave the predator motor on pump gas...) Some hot plugs and a bit of benzene saved the day though, took home (3) second place hats! I'll be letting the castor oil drip dry for a few days before teardown, should be around towards the end of the month for a meet and greet

Wikispeeder Bruce C
Tewksbury, MA, USA   USA
Sorry to hear your day at Lime Rock was up and down. Still a couple of 2nd places isn't bad! Nice save. Congrats!

I'm out of town the last weekend in Sept, but we can certainly set up a time near then. Looking forward to the pictures. Did you get any film footage at Lime Rock?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1927 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links