CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

2017 Gorden Bennett

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, Oregon, USA   USA
Hey Anthony,
I was surprised by your video how stable the Gypsy seemed at high speeds. When I toodled around Tieton it was obvious how easy it was to kick the tail out. I figured at 60mph it'd be a handful but the video makes it look like you could have been eating a hot dog and steering with one finger. Surptisingly, you also seemed to be Mr. Clean around the hairpin. I would have thought you'd have been hangin' it out like Ken Block! The Mercedes was fun to drift around the hairpin but the long straights were pretty white knuckle-ish.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
Antioch Bob M
Langley, BC, Canada   CAN
1929 CycleKart French "LR2 Special"
A couple of quick words on behalf of Justin & Anthony & the Gypsy.... there kart went through the tech inspection the same as the rest of us. I don't believe any secret turbo chargers were found nor any tele transporters.....and the guys doing the inspection have built a few karts & engines between them.

I flagged the Gordon Bennett.... they ran fast & had a kart that ran extremely reliably....and being under 250 lbs. really, really helps. Can't speak to there gearing other to say it was a heck of a lot more reliable then mine was running.

On the late Sunday they were offering rides in there karts to anyone who wanted to take it for a spin. Far from anyone having any kind of secret to hide.

So now that we have dealt with any of those suggestions let us return back to gearing & predators....

Rosengart LR2 special

http://rosengart.rzaplaser.com/rosengart-lr2-build/

DoinItWrong Avatar
DoinItWrong Anthony Gurganious
Oak Harbor, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1929 CycleKart Italian "Fiat Gipsy"
Thanks guys for the kind words and the vote of confidence.

Like I said earlier, the upgrades we made this year to the steering and brakes were HUGE improvements to the car's handling and drive-ability, and easily the best changes we made to the car during the off-season. The car felt more stable and stopped far better than last year. In the interest of safety, I can't endorse making these a focus on your own cars enough.

As for the ease of driving, our short wheelbase, narrow track, low center of gravity, and skinny tires all came into play. The short wheelbase and narrow track make the car feel nimble. The skinny tires make it rotate well in the corners. And the low center of gravity makes everything feel very planted and smooth. Also, we run heavy front springs to keep the car flat in the curves, and Justin welded us up one pretty stiff chassis.

You didn't see me hanging out the tail in the hairpin because I was trying to run clean laps. The first time through it wasn't as clean as I wanted, and I worked on that the rest of the time. Now, when we go to the oval track in a couple of weeks...the car will have the tail hung way out, and we won't stop smiling about that for weeks.

El Diablo (Anthony Gurganious)
1/2 Owner
1/2 Builder
1/2 Driver
1929 Fiat Gipsy
Team Captain: Team Doin' It Wrong

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
Looking forward to the performance of the Terrible Twosome on the short track Anthony.
Make sure your partner has the GoPro strapped on.

I just punched in about five of your locations in Google Maps and WOW......all within
a couple hours of Stanwood. Being an old midget fan, I'd love to be in on a bit of that
action. That should be a fun weekend.

DG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1921 CycleKart German

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links