CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Loncin G200 starting problems.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

WesR Wes Raynor
Leicester, Leics., UK   GBR
Progressing with my Talbot T700, see pic. of latest drive system. I decided I needed a 4;1 ratio drop but this meant a very small pulley on the motor.
Chains do have the advantage of smaller sprockets so I now have a two stage drive with both chain and belt. Testing is being hampered by engine problems however.
From new, it has been prone to kick back when pull starting (Nasty!) and also the occasional backfire. Main problem now is that it stops after a couple of minutes.
Then restarts ok. I guess this means that the carb. is not filling quick enough. Any advice would be appreciated.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSCF0250 (640x356).jpg    35.1 KB
DSCF0250 (640x356).jpg

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
It would be easier to diagnose an engine issue with a picture of your engine.

Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
Backfire is more an issue of timing, but hard for these simple engines to go out of time.

Like Vic said, perhaps pics of the motor setup would help.

Smoky

1929 Riley Bitsa

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Wes,

Check the fuel tap, I had a little generator that was similarly troublesome, it turned out to be gunk in the tap, looked like golden hermetite.

Chris

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
That stuff is shellac, it's caused by alcohol in the fuel. It cleans up easy with lacquer thinner.

In reply to # 26336 by chrisenamels Wes,

Check the fuel tap, I had a little generator that was similarly troublesome, it turned out to be gunk in the tap, looked like golden hermetite.

Chris

WesR Wes Raynor
Leicester, Leics., UK   GBR
Thanks all. I decided yesterday that the engine idle speed was too slow. Had to look in the manual to locate the screw! My engine sits very low in the car and I can't see the screw without standing on my head! Anyway, it now idles much more smoothly. But it still jerks the start handle out of my hand. While doing this however, I removed the air filter. When I put the filter back on, the engine stops! The filter is pretty much as new. It runs ok with just the plastic cover in place, i.e. without the paper filter, so I will probably take it up to the local car park ans see if it runs for more than 5 minutes!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1924 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links