CycleKart Tech Forum

Alternate frame material

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Alabama lead foot Avatar
Alabama lead foot Craig Ellis
Marbury, Alabama, USA   USA
Thanks for the comments and advice, guys. I'm in the process of reducing the full size drawings I have to 9/16 scale- this seems to be the best fractional size to get the right look while staying within the ck specs. Once I have done the math and made some drawings to scale I'll begin posting photos of the process I'll use building patterns- thanks for your interest and support, Craig

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Craig, we don't scale wheels. Just use 17" wheels, they'll screw up your drawing if you try to scale them.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hey Vic
Are you off tomorrow?
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Nope, not til weekend.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 27788 by carChips Craig, we don't scale wheels. Just use 17" wheels, they'll screw up your drawing if you try to scale them.
I use the wheels to start scaling!
We know they are 22.5"..........so you start from there!
Brian

rockrohar Johnny R
Concho, AZ, USA   USA
Craig,

My interests are slanted to my 40 years of marketing and sales coupled with my love for cars. After researching
the original cyclecar built before manufacturing I hand built a modern prototype steel version. (see photo)
Back at the turn of the 20th century, cyclecars were inexpensive builds for the best fuel economy and speed utilizing
the lightest weight for the most power that had became such a marketing success that an international customized
build standard was established in a free market. It's well undertood that corporate manufacturing and government
intervention has manipulated and destroyed the free market. Regardless, the US Republic constitution still protects
the free market only if citizen's know the craft of how to build and own those values. While the conglomerate corporation's
propaganda media sells convenience to enslave the public to their products with weird lifestyles, most people still want value!

My build is not according to the cyclekart racing rules, since these vehicles are not practical for daily driving, which only a very
few people are interested driving. An untapped market niche is a vehicle for the daily driver.
The advantage here is now that auto manufacture are heavily regulated, 40% of a new vehicle the cost goes the government, but is
not required of "custom" car builders, which manufactures can no longer compete. EPA's latest regulation of zero emission and 50 mpg
or a $5000.00 fine added to the sale price is forcing manufactures to go electric. Even though it's more expensive, has a less driving range
and is more pollutant than a gas car (battery manufacturing, charging and battery disposal) it's not what the public wants! Additionally, after
Pres. Nixon removed the USD from the gold standard to Saudi Arabia's petro dollar, that country is now moving away from the bankrupt US
dollar and buying Russian military equipment and exporting oil to China, US gas price is can go higher than $20 per gallon!
Fuel economy sells!

Having the correct design pattern is key to an inexpensive build and to marketing. While I have some experience with fiberglass, it's very
limited. After my steel design, I've come up with a much simpler and straightforward build design that's much more lightweight, by using
composite fiberglass, which I've been told is stronger than carbon fiber, if the correct matting is used. I'd like to follow your build. If you like,
I will share my concept design. write me at johnnyrockrohar@yahoo.com

Attachments:
IMG_20161212_165257_1.jpg    43.4 KB
IMG_20161212_165257_1.jpg

IMG_20161212_165337.jpg    35.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
rockrohar Johnny R
Concho, AZ, USA   USA

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1924 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links