Racing Weight

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Thanks a bunch for posting that info Don. Been looking for data like the for more than a year.
I'll add that to my data base which I'm trying to compile to come up with some real solid average
weight distribution. Really appreciate you taking it empty and loaded also. Thanks again.

That's one fancy set up you got there. At $1,040 US + shipping from Speedway, I'd say that's
a bit nicer than four bathroom scales from Walmart.

It really shows any twist in the frame or suspension. Using some wedges in the spring purches
you could balance it out pretty easy with that set up.

The surprising thing I see from this is the weight distribution in your kart. It looks pretty
darn near perfect to me:
41% front, 59% rear empty.
42% front, 58% rear loaded

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
Next time I thrash it down a rough road, or across a field, those left/right balance numbers will change. I also like drifting in right turns more than left, perhaps I should even those out to balance the frame. There were more pages of info, but I didn’t record much of it aside from this.

1929 Riley Bitsa

Attachments:
92C7D0C3-2E0D-4731-828C-782EFA91085A.jpeg    44 KB
92C7D0C3-2E0D-4731-828C-782EFA91085A.jpeg

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
How can the right front weigh so much less than the left front? Just curious...

In reply to # 28473 by Smoky If you get 4 racing scales, and a dull Sunday afternoon, you can have some fun.

My CK is built with standard wall 1 X 3” tubing instead of the thin wall. I calculated this added 30 pounds.

There is about half a tank of gas aboard.

Pictures tell the tale.

I built this over 6 months last year, and raced at Tieton. You can see my drawing on the garage door behind the CK, that’s my only drawing. My build table was a HD banquet table with folding legs, probably older than me.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
It just a matter of weight jacking Rick. A pair of springs that are not matched. A little
warpage in the frame when it was welded. The axle welded up free on the bench
not welded in a jig. Lots of spots that can create an imbalance.
dg

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
It its weigh in Monday.
Down 9 lbs first week to 206 lbs.
Yahoo!hot smiley
Brian

YourSolutions Steve Nicholson
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand   NZL
In reply to # 28498 by Woodysrods It its weigh in Monday.
Yahoo!hot smiley
Brian

Brian. Well done mate! I've found the thing that affected my weight change the most was removing foods with processed and unprocessed sugar. Sugar isn't a requirement for our body, it's just nice to have. Changing from drinking lots of fruit juice to water made it easy getting rid of that last lot of flab that seems impossible to loose. Watch "That Sugar Film" if you haven't already.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
In reply to # 28515 by YourSolutions
In reply to # 28498 by Woodysrods It its weigh in Monday.
Yahoo!hot smiley
Brian

Brian. Well done mate! I've found the thing that affected my weight change the most was removing foods with processed and unprocessed sugar. Sugar isn't a requirement for our body, it's just nice to have. Changing from drinking lots of fruit juice to water made it easy getting rid of that last lot of flab that seems impossible to loose. Watch "That Sugar Film" if you haven't already.
Thanks Steve
I took sugar out of my diet, almost 4 years ago........have felt way better ever since.
But, it was just Christmas........a time for cheating??? Har to resist all of those chocolates sitting out, and shortbread cookies, and nanaimo bars, plus all of those sweet liquors etc. etc.
Back on the straight and narrow again with an excuse to do well with my quest!
Good Roads
Brian

Rhysn Rhys N
New Zealand   NZL
Lots of sugars in all that beer Woody! smiling smiley

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
Rhys,
It's a good thing he hasn't had any DB Draught beer it would become a staple in his diet.

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-10 09:03 PM by Notso-Chinsee.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Have not had a beer since lunch.....but it not yet "Happy Hour"? 26 more minutes!
But, we went to the USA today for parts and lunch....and how can you have Mexican Food without a Dos XX Lager?
Brian

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Had a bad week..........too much couch and too many snacks, so I missed weigh in Monday!moody smiley
But, I am at day 15 (only 150 days to Tieton) and have lost 13 lbs to date.
202 this morning!hot smiley
Brian

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1929 CycleKart Race Car

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links