CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Polecat Avatar
Polecat Peter Hanbury
Gnowangerup, WA, Australia   AUS
Unfortunately Brian the little Ford is the one I have just sold. It was actually older than those two. It was based on a Ford 10, 1936. The only thing not Ford 10 was the body. Alas I cannot claim building rights, I was just the custodian for a while.

My race track is little far for any race meeting. We are 4 hours south of Perth. Even most West Australians don't come down here. We are remote enough to be able to do laps if you can't sleep!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
tomdoo Tom Doolittle
Pleasant Hill, California, USA   USA
Hi All,

New member here. I ran across a web-article about Cyclekarts about two months ago, and decided to try my hand at building one. It looks like good clean fun, and will almost certainly be less expensive than building a "real" project car.

I have a chassis coming together pretty quickly. Put several Sundays into it so far, and now have a rolling chassis with engine installed. Next up are the controls, and then I'll need to design and fabricate a body of some sort. Inspiration car? No idea. Maybe some variant of the Amilcar C6. Always liked that one.

Thanks to all those here who have posted such meticulous build-logs. Every tech question I've had had was quickly answered simply by searching this site.

Wondering if there are any other builders in the SF Bay Area, specifically in the Diablo Valley region? Or perhaps some local lurker who just needs that set of buggy springs to get started on a build? Lemme know, I've got an extra pair.

Tom

Attachments:
IMG_1102.JPG    50 KB
IMG_1102.JPG

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hi Tom
Welcome! (even though you have been lurking for a while)
Great looking Chassis! You obviously have been paying attention and doing your homework, with our trying to re invent the wheel.
Keep up the super work.thumbs up
And Thanks for the picture, we will expect more now!
Good Roads
Brian

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Hey, a good old fashioned basic cyclekart roller!
You can turn that into just about anything you like. Great work, and welcome Tom.

Dave

bluesdocbob Avatar
bluesdocbob Bob Paterson
Darlington, Victoria, Australia   AUS
Looking good so far and looking forward to see the body and the rest of the build
as you progress.....
Cheers Bob

Topper2011 Avatar
Topper2011 Roland Young
Los Altos, CA, USA   USA
Hi Tom you're off to a good start. I live on the peninsula, but probably can't add much since you are further along than I am.

"Man plans, God laughs"

gt350rspeed Avatar
gt350rspeed Christopher Coffman
Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA   USA
1929 CycleKart Great Britain "Charly"
1930 CycleKart French "Carlylou"
Hey Tom, just thought I'd comment in but one of my cyclekarts is based on the amilcar C6. You're right, it's a great looking car to base a cyclekart on.

Attachments:
20170309_171849.jpg    71.9 KB
20170309_171849.jpg

joshgoreworks Joshua G
Mchenry, IL, USA   USA
Thanks for having me, my name is Josh Gore, I am a mechanical enthusiast and overall lover of speed. I have been tinkering and building cars since I can remember, and that joy led me to a career in design and engineering. So now it is time to focus these interests into a cycle kart creation. I have attached some pics of my past creations and their builds. Thanks in advance for the wealth of knowledge cataloged here. Can't wait to dive in the deep end.

The Formula Vee

The Fiat

loco Richard P
High Ridge, MO, USA   USA
This looks like a lot of fun!
Hi everyone.
I am in the st. louis Mo. area. I have a small shop were I build !&1/2 scale steam engines & gasers you can ride on. so this would not be that much of a streach.
were do you race them?
Thanks Richard

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Hi josh,
I worked over many a 124, a 131, and a few X 1/9s for autocross work back in the '80s,
so, I understand..... Anyway, welcome to the fun. You too Richard.

Dave

Mike Nielson JERRY Mulligan
Clairmont, Alberta, Canada   CAN
Hello folks.I just became a member . I live in northern Alberta Canada and have been gathering parts to build a cyclekart of my own . Your site has got a wealth of information and I'm looking forward to being a part of it instead of just " checking it out ". The inspiration car I am going to be building from is a 1928 Schumacher Special . I haven't seen any cyclekarts with those lines so I figured why not .

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Welcome Mike
Love to see your inspiration picture.
And yes, I am one year ahead of you, and have done extensive homework.
So if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Have also organized a CycleKart Chapter here in B.C. and am formulating plans for a Canadian Event in 2018.
Good Roads
Brian

Hello Brian,it's good to meet you . Nice to meet someone from our own backyard . I'm not very computer compatible so it takes me a while to figure out how to get stuff done on a computer . I will get a picture of the car posted as soon as I can figure out how .

Hello Brian , I might have figured this out . If so , here it is . A 1928 Schumacher Special

Attachments:
242f4fdcbb290260cd1b109f1f43d76f.jpg    44 KB
242f4fdcbb290260cd1b109f1f43d76f.jpg

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Wow!
But, the first thing you will learn about cyclekarts, once you see them race against each other is............Weight is Everything!!!
This inspiration car looks heavy and has a very long nose.
Honda motor is in the rear on most CKs.
Good Roads
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-18 08:37 PM by Woodysrods.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1935 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links