AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Welcome Jerry, i think this is a very cool picture of the front suspension.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Stutz.jpg    15 KB
Stutz.jpg

Mike Nielson JERRY Mulligan
Clairmont, Alberta, Canada   CAN
Brian,you are absolutely right . Less weight =more speed . I might not be as fast as everyone else but that's ok. Just being able to meet some like minded people ,exchange ideas,and someday rip around the same track,that's good enough for me . I have scowered the Web for all the info and images I can find. Some are of the car when found in the barn.Some during the restoration and some of it back in the day. It's a little bit different and that's what I like. I'm still working out the dimensions to get decent proportions , slow but I'll get there.Any and all input is very welcome.
Thanks to all.

Mike Nielson JERRY Mulligan
Clairmont, Alberta, Canada   CAN
You are right Victor,that is one of the pictures of the car that made the decision to go ahead and build it . One look at the front end of this car and I couldn't look away.lol I'll never be able to own the real thing but I can build the next best thing . A cyclekart version of it. I think the grandkids will love rides in it.I know I will.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Uncle Fester Avatar
Uncle Fester Daniel Parris
Kent, Washington, USA   USA
My name is Dan Parris. I live in Kent, Washington just a couple of miles south of Seattle. I am almost 70 and have been retired for almost 15 years. My motto is if it doesn't make you smile don't do it!

I have been interested in Cycle Karts since the first time I came across them several years ago. I was hesitant to start work on one then, as I was not sure if there was a group to share the experience with. I don't need anymore garage art.

I am a car guy and have been playing with them all my life. I have a nice well equipped shop that at the moment is full of slot car projects. I am ready to dive into building my first cycle Kart. After years in many different auto related hobbies I have found in order of importance that first it is about the people, then the build and finally in this case about the racing. My good buddy is an old national level dirt track Go Kart racer and we plan on doing this together to keep us off the mean streets. We want to keep the project in the spirit of the group, but still be able to stretch our imagination and abilities. Our plan is to go to Tieton in June and see what this is all about before we start to order any parts. I hope their is room for a couple more crazies in the group!

Dan Parris (Uncle Fester)

CK on the drawing board.

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Hello! My name is Ryan Hanegan and I just became aware of CycleKarts. I am hoping to contact owners in Western Washington. I represent a small 1/8th mile oval track in Stanwood Washington called Slim Dog Invitation Speedway. I am wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for a meet and greet to see if we are a good fit. Id hope a place to run your.cars would be appreciated. The track would be a classic dirt oval . I think you will.be impressed. Hope to hear from you! Cheers!

johnla Avatar
johnla Silver Member John L
Woodway, Washington, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "1927 Delage Gran Prix"
Hey Ryan, I found your track on Google Maps, it looks like it might work well. I'm down in Edmonds, and would love to come up some day with the kart and try it out.I suspect there might be some others interested in the area too. John

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Welcome to the Puget Sound C/K scene both of you guys!
You would think that living in an area with so many builders, there would always be someone ready to
hit the road or track. The truth is, most of us up here still have to make a living and the rest and it's not as easy to get together as we'd like. Welcome at any track, I believe would be huge and very much appreciated. I'm in the middle of a front spring change for a few days but I will make time to come up soon.

Thanks

Bentaxle

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 24309 by Uncle Fester My name is Dan Parris. I live in Kent, Washington just a couple of miles south of Seattle. I am almost 70 and have been retired for almost 15 years. My motto is if it doesn't make you smile don't do it!

I have been interested in Cycle Karts since the first time I came across them several years ago. I was hesitant to start work on one then, as I was not sure if there was a group to share the experience with. I don't need anymore garage art.

I am a car guy and have been playing with them all my life. I have a nice well equipped shop that at the moment is full of slot car projects. I am ready to dive into building my first cycle Kart. After years in many different auto related hobbies I have found in order of importance that first it is about the people, then the build and finally in this case about the racing. My good buddy is an old national level dirt track Go Kart racer and we plan on doing this together to keep us off the mean streets. We want to keep the project in the spirit of the group, but still be able to stretch our imagination and abilities. Our plan is to go to Tieton in June and see what this is all about before we start to order any parts. I hope their is room for a couple more crazies in the group!
Oh Dan
If you are a car guy, you are going to love this!
I took my 46 Studebaker PU to Tieton last year to have a look.
Ended up driving for different CKs and meeting some great people.
This past year I have been in full on build mode, and have a registered team for Tieton this year.
I will be there with my new CK and look forward to meeting you.
Welcome to the Forum.
Good Roads
Brian

Antioch Bob M
Langley, BC, Canada   CAN
1929 CycleKart French "LR2 Special"
Guys...welcome to the group. If you can get over to Tieton, please try.... lots to see.

Like the others I also encourage you to drop by & say hi.

Rosengart LR2 special

http://rosengart.rzaplaser.com/rosengart-lr2-build/

bensko Avatar
bensko Ben H
Seattle, Washington, USA   USA
Hello, everyone! I'm Ben Hanisko from Seattle, Wa. I read an article that mentioned cycle karts recently and have been trying to track down what is going on locally. Looks like there are some people in the area who have built cycle karts. I'm interested to know more about the local scene and events coming up.

I would appreciate if someone around Seattle would be willing to check out their CK. I have been racing go karts, doing autocross and lapping days for about 15 years and have always wanted to build my own car. I unfortunately cannot go to Tieton on 6/24. Are there other events planned?

Thanks much and looking forward to learning more!

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hi Ben
You ar in the "Hub" of the action.
Check out the Giittreville Group, they are the ones who host the Tieton event, but most are from the coast.
welcome to the CycleKart Forum.
Brian

Baloubear Brian Vandewettering
Portland, Oregon, USA   USA
Hello CycleKarters,

My name is Brian. I found your site when looking for a worthy project to involve my model 'L' Briggs motor from the 30's. It's rare and only 1/2 horsepower washing machine motor, but your cars and fabrication techniques have interested me greatly. Maybe the model 'L' would work for the (future) grandkids, but I'm 285# and like speed, so a big motor is needed. Lurking and pondering for now smiling smiley.

-Brian

loose ctrl Ben M
Upstate, South Carolina, USA   USA
In reply to # 24386 by Baloubear Hello CycleKarters,

My name is Brian. I found your site when looking for a worthy project to involve my model 'L' Briggs motor from the 30's. It's rare and only 1/2 horsepower washing machine motor, but your cars and fabrication techniques have interested me greatly. Maybe the model 'L' would work for the (future) grandkids, but I'm 285# and like speed, so a big motor is needed. Lurking and pondering for now smiling smiley.

-Brian

You don't really need a big motor. With minor mods, the 6.5HP Predator engine from Harbor Freight can put out some impressive power while remaining light and reliable. There's info here and on oldminibikes.com forum.

Dash Grady David Grady
Orlando, Florida, USA   USA
Hi all.

I'm David, living in Orlando, FL, at the moment. A few weeks ago, I bought an old truck to use for work, and it came with this tiny little steering wheel. Wanting to be able to actually turn this full-size, extended cab truck, I quickly replaced the little wheel with an OEM wheel. So then I had this little steering wheel, and thought what any reasonable, well-adjusted person would think: "I should build an entire go-kart because I already have a steering wheel for it!" One thing led to another, and to this site, where I'm now learning that there is a much more impressive alternative to go-karts, and that I probably have some kind of problem.

Attachments:
that steering wheel tho.jpg    62.2 KB
that steering wheel tho.jpg

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, New York, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
Ha! We caught you, then! Welcome, David! WE're glad you caught the bug. I'm sure you won't regret it (often). Great fun. jc

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1927 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links