AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
Hillsboro, Oregon, USA   USA
1921 CycleKart German "Chitty"
I would have to see you engine to help you with the set up,sometimes it might be easier to go with a chain to jackshaft then to the wheels.Make sure when you set up the steering that there is NO SLOP what so ever,these like to bump steer bad!!!Im still fighting mine a bit which I have had no time to deal with this issue,but overall she is very fast for this type of Kart as seen in the video and Im no light guy.Im glad you have some building skills which will make your job so much more fun.I build model planes too ,1/4 scale and larger.Ive also built couple houses with my family which has upped my game a bit with wood working,making the body for mine was no walk in the park.Those are fence boards run thru a planer then bent to fit without any steaming or water.I have since gotten a steamer from rockler tools to help with my future wood working.Im also an avid Boat builder too,PMPBA.Org is the web site for our boat club.This month is the Pumpkin Regatta which im one of the key Boats there to help with the Pumpkins,made three of these Boats in case one fails,these weigh #1200lbs and up!!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSC03313 (1).JPG    44.6 KB
DSC03313 (1).JPG

DSC03311.JPG    49.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSC03310 (1).JPG    46.1 KB
DSC03327.JPG    73.9 KB
Weldersaurus Ranil N
Hendala, Western, Sri Lanka   LKA
That's Great Don
Good stuff. Im into a bit of deep sea fishing and kayaking. My only interaction with boats.
I've built a drum smoker and a drum bbq grill and a few other tid bits.
Nothing close to the scale of a cyclekart so this is going to be a fun ride even before the motor starts on the kart smiling smiley
Steering i was thinking of using rack and pinion gear off a car steering..cut it to size and making it fit.
Ill try to find a rack off a smaller car so things will be lighter.
Problem in shipping anything down to Sri Lanka from the US or Europe is getting hammered twice. First with the exchange rate and second with shipping costs and import duties.
And most sellers on ebay and elsewhere don't ship cos of super high shipping costs that doesn't make much sense unless the item in concern is a must have.
So as much as i can, anything heavy and hard to ship...i will try to either source from here or scratch build from parts.

Mine will be super slow build considering the little time i have on weekends to put towards the project.
Just like my BBQ, it will be low and slow grinning smiley

Great to have the support of such passionate bunch of builders here.

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, New York, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
Welcome, Tom! More East-coasters is a good sign, and while you are a few hours away, I hope you will come play with us in NY. We had tow grand little meets this year (search Northeast Dustoff in the Pub (off topic) forums of this website). jc

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
I hear ya on the shipping,costs me double too when I get stuff from canada!!!Ebay has steering racks which you might like right around $100,used for off road karts,I have one of those.

tbrennan29 Thomas Brennan
Seaford, Delaware, USA   USA
That is the one Brian. Beautiful, is that your's?

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 26755 by tbrennan29 That is the one Brian. Beautiful, is that your's?
Hi Tom
When I read your post about what you were hoping to use as an inspiration car for your build, That was the car (from my Miller picture collection) that first came to my mind.
So, No it isn't mine. But it wouldn't be so bad if it was??
My cyclekart build is being based off of this 122 Miller.
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-05 12:07 AM by Woodysrods.

Attachments:
best-side-miller.jpg    29.1 KB
best-side-miller.jpg

7-12-2012-Comprehensive-survey-013-900x600.jpg    52.9 KB
7-12-2012-Comprehensive-survey-019-900x600.jpg    61.8 KB
fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
I like that one Brian,I hope I have enough money to attend next years Tieton event.So far its not lookin good with all the things that are in need of repair at my house.I still havnt been able to touch my Kart since the last race in 2016,its been in my Toyhauler for 6 months then put in the Garage to collect dust till I can find my shop under all my other stuff.The steering still needs dealt with as does the rest of the body work,I do have paint for it now but time is not in my favor beings my parents are moving to Sandusky Ohio and I have been trying to help them get the house up for sale.Dont ask me why they want to leave the PNW but they do!!!Taxes? Air quality? Cost of inflation? Who knows,but they are moving.Will be looking forward to seeing all you guys again at Tieton,(cross my fingers)Life just hasnt been very fun,Kris isnt doing well either being sick all the time with lots of coughing,blood sugars being unstable too,just not fun.Im getting my Boats ready for the Pumpkin Regatta as I write this,my job is to keep the #1200lb Pumpkins from floating away while they load others into the water 10/21/17 on my Birthday,LOL

Attachments:
DSC03313 (1).JPG    44.6 KB
DSC03313 (1).JPG

Lindwurm94 Alexander George
Pensacola, Florida, USA   USA
Hello folks,
The names Alex, I have always been Interested in Old and vintage cars, pre-WW2 specifically, and recently found out about this hobby by an errant YouTube suggested video about the Scottsdale grand Prix. Since then I have gotten bitten by the bug and want to make a crack at making my own Cycle Kart. I was wondering what kind of car would be a good entry level attempt for a first time builder? I was thinking something like the Mercedes car that Depalma used in the 1915 Vanderbilt cup, or something similar to it. Any suggestions?

Welcome Alex. I to am new and have found that if you go on pinterest and search cyclekarts you will find a whole lot of useful information and pictures and just remember the idea behind this is to have fun and make the car look close to what you like for the first so you can have fun. Make a second to scale if you like but read the rules over and over. Just remember you have a budget and that should be held and just put the work in labor so you stay in budget. Have fun
Tom B

Thank you John, I'm originally from Baldwin and then moved to North Babylon where I raised my four girls for 28 years. Owner I'm in lower DE and loving retirement. Not sure about too much travel with this as I have a few other hobbies that keep me busy also. Model rc airplanes, boats and some camping and I also have been participating in civil war skirmish shooting in VA. To name a few. I'm thinking I may be able to combine some camping and Karting in one trip. I plan on putting together a cargo trailer conversion to camper trailer and I think having things planned right will let me keep the car inside for transport. Keep me posted on race dates so I can try to attend.
Tom B

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, New York, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
Delaware is not too far (we come down to Cape May NJ most every summer). Watch the events page and also the Pub forum, for announcements of future events here in the East!

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Welcome Alexander and Thomas
Yes, the CycleKart bug can bite us retired guys that have always loved cars.
It is cheap, easy, and a whole lot of fun!
The options for inspiration cars are endless, and it provides an opportunity to have that rare race car that is out of reach cost wise for most of us.
And the events?? They are starting to pop up all over the country as more and more people become aware of this wonderful hobby.
Thomas, we too are into camping. Built our first Teardrop trailer 5 years ago and are having a blast with tat whole new family of friends (building second one now......or was until I got distracted by CycleKarts). 257 nights in it and over 60,000 miles towed.
Check out the TnTTT Forum or the Tear Jerkers (I am Vedette) or google Teardrop Trailer Miss Piggy.
Good Roads
Brian
"Woody"

ViperR Gary G
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa   ZAF
Hi All,

My name is Gary and I'm from Johannesburg South-Africa. Currently scouring through this forum for ideas for a possible project that I would like to undertake in 2018. Currently finishing off a steam engine build that should be finished toward the beginning of 2018.

I've manged to so far get a good idea of all the elements involved in build like this. I just need to decide on a model and go for it.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Hi Gary
Welcome to the Forum.
There is lots of great technical information here, and a thread that is dedicated to "inspiration car photos".
Good Luck with your build.
Remember that some cars sale to CycleKarts better than others.
Woody

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1926 CycleKart Racing

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links