CycleKart Tech Forum

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 27773 by jnfrati Hello!
I'm from Argentina, and I have 19 y.o. Since I was a boy I'm interested on cars, the reason of this is that I have a Ford Falcon 1972 and I'm in love with it and the "old style cars". A couple weeks ago, with a friend wanted to build our own car and after a lot of investigation I ended up discovering cycle cars. And I have to say I love them! I hope to have my own cycle car for 2018.
I don't know very much english so I can't tell you a lot of me, I'm sorry for that, and thank you for accepting me here!
Welcome Nicolas
After watching the Video yesterday on the Argentina Grand Prix, you are definitely in good company, and will have a lot of fun if you build a CcyleKart!
Good Roads
Woody

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
velojym Jim Caron
Hoover, Alabama, USA   USA
Hello from central Alabama!

I've been poking around at finding more efficient commuting possibilities, from motorcycles to what I used to do... bicycling. I'm older and fatter now, so the latter is pretty much out for now.
Most forums I've found that claim to be after what I want to do are so filled with politics that I'm just kinda tired of wading through it all for nuggets of useful info. I'm more interested in the tech, the ride,
and gettin' it done than whether any particular politician, celebrity, or other "luminary" agrees with me.

So, what I'd be primarily after would be street legal, but some of what I'm seeing on this forum looks like what I used to dream about when I was a kid, and we'd hack together various... usually not so successful... types of cart
to roll around on my parents' acreage (man... I could use that space now...).
Between work, home, eat, sleep, repeat... I've been wanting something I might be able to share with my family, especially my daughter, who turns 11 in a little less than a month.

I'm sure hopin' she thinks this stuff is the coolest thing ever... and maybe pry her eyes away from the ipad for a bit.

Note: I do have some mechanical experience, but not with cars per-se. I've done a lot of mechanical ride support in my bicycling days, and was an aircraft mechanic for a couple years... and still have some of my ol' tools.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-07 11:53 AM by velojym.

fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
Hillsboro, Oregon, USA   USA
1921 CycleKart German "Chitty"
1921 CycleKart German "Chitty"
Hey Jim,feel free to ask questions,im the one who own Chitty which can be seen on Youtube 2015 Tieton Grand Prix.Its was quite a journey to get where it is today,6 months of night and day to get it going and it still isnt done due to my lack of free time

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Street Legal and CycleKart are two terms that just don't fit together.
Maybe a real replica of a "Cycle Car" might be something that you could drive on the street??
Depending on Alabama Motor Vehicle Laws.
CycleKarts are fun to drive on the road (we did it today) but we are really in violation of the law, no matter how much innocent fun we think we are having.
Good Roads
Woody

JoeCraig Allen Hanford
PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA   USA
A couple of weeks ago here in Philadelphia I saw about 30 kids riding dirt bikes and quads on the street. The police here don't seem to care.

gt350rspeed Avatar
gt350rspeed Christopher Coffman
Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA   USA
1929 CycleKart Great Britain "Charly"
1930 CycleKart French "Carlylou"
Hey, I'm in SC so with you being in Alabama makes you about the closest person to me. I have two cyclekarts

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Jim, that sounds like an invitation to me. thumbs up

In reply to # 27806 by gt350rspeed Hey, I'm in SC so with you being in Alabama makes you about the closest person to me. I have two cyclekarts

gt350rspeed Avatar
gt350rspeed Christopher Coffman
Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA   USA
1929 CycleKart Great Britain "Charly"
1930 CycleKart French "Carlylou"
It can be lol

velojym Jim Caron
Hoover, Alabama, USA   USA
I wasn't thinking of the cyclekart, as presented here, as a street legal solution... just that a search for more efficient transportation led me to what appears to be a potential for a heck of a lot of fun.
However, at 6'4" and 350 lbs... it's gonna take a little engineering...

Ogden, Utah, USA   USA
Hello all,
just getting into this, one of my students showed the class an YouTube Video and I have about 4 students that want to build these cars even after watching all the crashes. So we are just getting started. Our plan it to build two karts, before the end of the school year. the best part is we have a machine shop, welding shop, and automotive classes here. the only thing that has been hard it to locate wheels, but that sounds like that is normal. Let the games begin. hope to see you in Arizona or Washington this summer. Thank you. Mr. Adam Arndt, Automotive Teacher at Bonneville High School, Utah

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, Arizona, USA   USA
1924 Ford Model T "Viscount Vinson Special"
1927 CycleKart American "Mono Wasp"
Adam,
For wheels and springs and other items contact Jack at Vintage Kart Co.
Jack Gee
jack@vintagekartco.com

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Welcome to you and the kids, Adam. But,
"All the crashes"? Have I missed a video?

johnla Avatar
johnla Silver Member John L
Woodway, Washington, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "1927 Delage Gran Prix"
Welcome Adam! There are a number of threads on the site re. sourcing the wheels. I was also very happy with Jack Gee's wheels at VKC...Bonneville??..maybe we should come down and visit you instead! John

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Finally find how fast they can actually go, eh John?

johnla Avatar
johnla Silver Member John L
Woodway, Washington, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "1927 Delage Gran Prix"
Wouldn't that be a fun road trip!?!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1930 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links