Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

Bugatti FOR SALE [Ohio, USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

k8ff1960 Avatar
k8ff1960 Wayne Smith
Cleveland, Ohio, USA   USA
Wife says it's time to downsize. (Not sure what that means) I think she wants me to sell off some stuff! Anyway the Bugatti is FS, built about 10-12 years ago, has all the right components (Honda GX200,Comet TAV, Hydraulic brakes, rack and pinion steering, CT90 wheels, Gazelle tires, front friction shocks, plywood tub with aluminum body parts and fiberglass over foam tail. Built to Stevenson formula, runs great and has little total time. There is not much CK interest here in Ohio so it has never been raced just putted around the neighborhood. I can supply more pictures if interested.

Serious offers?

Wayne Smith
Aurora, Ohio
(440)991-7233 cel

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
BUG1.JPG    35.4 KB
BUG1.JPG

BUG2.JPG    55.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
BUG3.JPG    42.6 KB
BUG4.JPG    39.2 KB
Dennis Thomas Avatar
phoenix, arizona, USA   USA
1919 CycleKart Lightweight "A.V. Monocar"
1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer "Old Number 27"
1930 CycleKart German "The Boulevard Cruiser"
1937 CycleKart American "37 Studebaker Modified"
It was sure nice meeting you when you stopped by the house (I mean the Cyclekart workshop) awhile back. We had a good discussion about Cyclekarts and I enjoyed your company. Sorry to see that the time has come to sell Bugatti. Beautiful machine Wayne. Its interesting to note that you built your Cyclekart between 2000 and 2010, a decade where there were very few Cyclekarts constructed. From my research I'm estimating that there were 25 Cyclekarts worldwide at the time you built yours, maybe less. I started building in 2011 and the ranks of builders was very thin at that point.

Link to Cyclekart videos http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh0MOBj4QLAYsl4XsfXHfWA/videos?flow=grid&sort=da&view=0

Link to Old #27 build photos
http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/DThomas1925/library/Old%2027%20Build%20photos?sort=3&page=1

Link to Monocar build photos
http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/DThomas1925/library/1919%20AV%20Monocar%20Build%20Photos?sort=3&page=1

Link to BMW Roadster build photos
http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/DThomas1925/library/1930%20BMW%203-15%20PS%20Wartburg%20Roadster%20build%20photos?sort=3&page=1

Link to my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/dennis.thomas.7564

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
That little Beauty won't take long to sell with the new found interest in the CycleKart world!
Good Roads
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Veetz Vito Pan
Carpentersville, Illinois, USA   USA
How much are you asking ? Love the color .

k8ff1960 Avatar
k8ff1960 Wayne Smith
Have not set a price. Feel free to make a reasonable offer!

KeithSeymour Keith Seymour
Warrenton, Virginia, USA   USA
I'm interested as well. To make an offer, could you tell us what it cost to build the exact same machine today? That may help in giving a fair price. Thanks.

Keith

k8ff1960 Avatar
k8ff1960 Wayne Smith
Using all new parts as I did, probably $1500 to 2000 in parts. Not to mention the 100 hours in construction or so plus paint that was done at a local body shop at $400.

Thanks for your interest...Wayne

Hobbyists 57 James Fabry
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA   USA
What are you asking for it and how tall are you if we can't make a deal do you know where to but a rolling frame? Thanks james

k8ff1960 Avatar
k8ff1960 Wayne Smith
Probably $4000 would convince me to let it go. Crating for shipping would be extra, you pay actual crating and shipping costs. There is a professional international shipping and crating company here in town that would be able to handle the job.

Thanks, Wayne

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
That's a "Honey, yes I'm trying to sell it" price if I ever saw one! Smart guy Wayne.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
A guy could always go VK co. and pay twice that. Or more.

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
If my wife told me to sell my spitfire, I'd list it at $25,000 and if it sold great, but otherwise I'd just keep driving it. Where as it is worth about a 1/4 of that.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
My Dad was fond of saying "Son, that car is worth exactly as much as you can sell it for."
And so, we will see.

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, Arizona, USA   USA
1924 Ford Model T "Viscount Vinson Special"
1927 CycleKart American "Mono Wasp"
Its funny how people seem to think these karts are virtually free to build. The cost for parts today is close to $2500 just for materials, I have a spreadsheet that totals $1800 that doesn't count all the parts you still need and the many trips to the hardware store get all the fasteners, sand paper, paint, aluminum, plywood or whatever material you choose for the body.)

That doesn't count the hundreds of hours spent building and fabricating. So unless you put no value on your time......add a few thousand for assembly and sweat. $5,000 sounds cheap to me.

We need to think about these karts as works of art. When we as a group degrade the public perception by saying "oh you can probably build one for under $1,000." That is just not true.....

I have build two of these fun little karts and can honestly say that I value them higher than $5000. Look at VKC for a guide, their least expensive kart is around $10,000. Why do we think ours aren't worth at least $5000. ( for a well built and designed kart like the Bugatti here).

Just my $.02 worth.

Good luck selling you beautiful machine.

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

k8ff1960 Avatar
k8ff1960 Wayne Smith
Steve, Thanks for your very articulate response! Having been in the retail business for almost 50 years I have seen it all and nothing surprises me anymore. People seem to think that they might get lucky with low offers or catch someone at a bad moment and score a great deal.

Since I don't really want to sell the Bug, I will continue to entertain serious offers!

Wayne Smith
Aurora, Ohio

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1929 CycleKart Race Car

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links