The Pub - Off Topic

UK based cycle karts

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Pierro Taruffi Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffs, UK   GBR
1923 CycleKart Vintage "Voisin Laboratoire"
Hi all of the above.
Now I know there is a system on this site to put yourself on the world map, but I also know that not everybody does so... How about ALL the UK folks put themselves on this thread, and indicate whether they;
a) are interested watchers
b) started but not made much progress
c) Started and slowly moving forward
d) rolling chassis
e) near finished
f) ready to go.

Reason is that I arrive in the country in a few months and need to decide whether to bring my CKs with me, and also that I have already had contact with a couple of venues, both supportive but if there is only me that would be pretty stupid.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
WesR Wes Raynor
Leicester, Leics., UK   GBR
Rhys, I have started and have the engine, one wheel and a few bits and pieces. Expect to build over the winter and will be looking to promote this hobby next year. Wes R I am in Leicester

Hi Wes, I will be living somewhere around Tamworth so not too far away. Look forward to meeting with you.

TheGIantTribble Avatar
Chelmsford, Essex, UK   GBR
Hi Rhys.

Living in Essex.
Plan is to build a CK during the school summer holidays, which have just started.

So Bill you would be on for an outing at Brooklands this time next year?

gypo Avatar
gypo Doc J
powys, wales, UK   GBR
well mine is a rolling chassis with so nearly finished will try and complete by end of this year if all goes to plan with all other projects, up in Wales.

TheGIantTribble Avatar
Brooklands, this time next year...the Mrs has put it on the family calendar...it' official I'll be there

In reply to # 18361 by TheGIantTribble Brooklands, this time next year...the Mrs has put it on the family calendar...it' official I'll be there

Could be a bit farcical if there were only 2!

TheGIantTribble Avatar
If something as popular as Formula 1 can run a race with only 6 cars (and that was farcical) I feel certain we can get away with two, goodness knows we would probably have more overtaking. Besides Gypo could at a push, push his round the track a la Nigel Mansel.

Do you or anybody know anything about the commercial company in the UK that was supposedly building them. A flurry of posts a year or two back, then nothing more. If their publicity was true there should be in excess of 20 by now.

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. P.
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
http://www.cyclekart.co.uk/

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

TheGIantTribble Avatar
Rhys...pm sent

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. P.
In reply to # 18389 by moto-klasika http://www.cyclekart.co.uk/
============================
... nobody visit this web-site with UK based professional workshop for CycleKarts?

They made soem number of them and have for sale various stages of kit-completes, looking to me very well done.* They sell a couple of CycleKarts to France, too! I think that at next spring there would be a dozen of CycleKarts in France ready to “race”, with some finished in time for Cabernet and a few in process of construction (known and unknown), including a few imported from UK... Probably that a few of them could and would go to UK for international meeting (distances are not bigger then in USA for gathering at now cult place Tieton). When mentioned France, there is closed autodrom for CycleKarts ( https://www.facebook.com/oldiesracing/videos/497291283791645/ ), known as “Oldies Racing - Retro Drivers Club”, or something like that. Maybe some team from them could appeared too? (again – professionalism?) … In Germany could exist a few dozens of almost-CycleKarts made by our member Frank - possibilites similar as with French branch? (just to find them)

Therefore, Rhys - with a couple of your CycleKarts and your energy and experience – there could be organized some "British Open Championship” for CycleKarts?

Zoran
(outsider from public at 4th gallery in CK-theater)
*Question stays: is professionalism good way for cyclekarting movement or not?

Zoran R. Pualić

*Question stays: is professionalism good way for cyclekarting movement or not?

As with the US the professional sale is one line. Amateur another. My personal opinion is that they do not fit, in any way, shape or form with the ethos which came from the inventors of the activity/movement the Stevensons. If I were to run an event the professional karts would not be invited, nor accepted. The way I would deal with that is that it is an "invitation" event, the organiser can accept or decline at their absolute discretion, as is the case with Tieton, Vashon and a few others.
Others are welcome to see it differently, I said it's my opinion, doesn't mean I am right nor wrong.

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. P.
Rhys,
The same opinion as is mine, but mine isn't relevant, your is!
(I will not build Ck and for sure not organised CK-meeting)

Ciao,
Zoran

P.S.: Anyway - you could gathered 10 amateurs, maybe of international profile (in spite of Brexit) - which isn't small number!
Stevensons were something around that number all the time? (and have nice joy and fun without serious racing and competition in any way)

Zoran R. Pualić

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1914 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links