CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

UK based cycle karts

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
You've given the UK scene a kick start Rhys, just what it needed. I'll likely start off with a cyclekart now, and leave the road legal one for later. Still thinking unconventional though, three wheeler with a big wheel 125cc scooter back end. Complies with the spec though, under 200cc, under 10 bhp, and auto transmisson. Leaning away from the Morgan though, tempted by the Barousse as it has the engine in the right place.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
img_1510.jpg    51.5 KB
img_1510.jpg

img_6910.jpg    54.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
P5290157.jpg    49.8 KB
img_1515.jpg    61.9 KB
rannochman Andy Beskaby
Rannoch, perthshire, UK   GBR
Update from Scotland front end coming on ,pedals and brake fitted.

Attachments:
20170127_090756.jpg    38.9 KB
20170127_090756.jpg

20170127_090808.jpg    33.4 KB
20170127_090836.jpg    50.8 KB
20170127_090842.jpg    38 KB
Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
BEAUTIFUL!

maybug Geoff M
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK   GBR
This is my first post. I have been a member of the cyclekart club since November last year. I wanted to build a go kart for my grandchildren, then came across this site which inspired me to build a replica of my 1934 Wolseley Hornet Special.

So far I have made the chassis, as you can see I have used the full width, so I can accommodate one adult with room for a small mechanic/navigator? I have offset the steering wheel and used an old hand drill as a steering box. The engine platform is hinged on a transverse tube so it can be lifted slightly to adjust the chain.

Are there any planned events/meetings in the UK? I'm not sure if my design conforms to cyclekart specifications wheelbase is 65" track to tyre centre 36"?

Cheers, Geoff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-31 08:42 AM by maybug.

Attachments:
Hill (2).jpg    46.5 KB
Hill (2).jpg

DSC01615.JPG    60.6 KB
DSC01605.JPG    58.9 KB
Woodysrods Brian Woods
Oh, it looks to be as "CycleKart" as they come!
The movement seems to be growing fast in the UK.
Brian

Pierro Taruffi Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffs, UK   GBR
1923 CycleKart Vintage "Voisin Laboratoire"
Looks good to me! Maybe it's time to try to pull something concrete together for a meet up? How about all those who would like to drop their names just as a pure comment with few extras.
I have just created a new email, cyclekartinggb@gmail for the express purpose of doing what I can to spread the word. I could be sarcastic and say Marmite is the word smiling smiley

akumabito Avatar
akumabito Joost van Ekris
Smilde, Drenthe, Netherlands   NLD
Ingenious steering solution, Geoff!

Woodysrods Brian Woods
In reply to # 21850 by Pierro Taruffi Looks good to me! Maybe it's time to try to pull something concrete together for a meet up? How about all those who would like to drop their names just as a pure comment with few extras.
I have just created a new email, cyclekartinggb@gmail for the express purpose of doing what I can to spread the word. I could be sarcastic and say Marmite is the word smiling smiley
Way to go Rhys!
You may have just pulled the little Dutch Boy away from the dyke?????
Good Roads
Brian

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, Oregon, USA   USA
Those Dutch boys are kinda' funny that way....;^)

I have been given a tentative "green light " to use a privately owned sprint circuit here in the Midlands, no not known to the MSA (Motor Sports Authority) so not a well known one for a couple of events. This means that they would like to see and run one or more for a few hours to see what there is.Please, anyone other than Andy from Scotland who already has, please communicate to get in on this, and then I can arrange a mutually agreeable day. email to cyclekartinggb@gmail.com

WesR Wes Raynor
Leicester, Leics., UK   GBR
I have started an Open Group 'Cyclekarts GB' on Facebook. Please post any photos or info which you think would encourage people into this hobby.
I guess you have to be on Facebook. I tried to add your name Rhys but for some reason I couldn't!

In reply to # 22153 by WesR I have started an Open Group 'Cyclekarts GB' on Facebook. Please post any photos or info which you think would encourage people into this hobby.
I guess you have to be on Facebook. I tried to add your name Rhys but for some reason I couldn't!

Possibly needed to be "friends". I have sent a request.
Good idea.

I have just looked at the member map on this forum. It seems there are 17 folks within a very easy drive of the Midlands. Wes suggested I email you all to stir some enthusiasm as there have only been 3 who have emailed me. I would, but I don't know how to get any of those emails. Please, if you do have interest, before I go and put money on booking a play place can you get in touch? cyclekartinggb@gmail.com

I have just got off the phone after a great chat with Wes. What an enthusiastic chap. Come on you UK guys, let's give this a kick along!

Any body in the UK or close Europe who might be interested in; 25mm axle, brake set up, rear hubs machined and keyed, Clone motor with alloy flywheel, stage 1 mods and GTC torque convertor fitted, friction shock bits cut but nothing further done to them, and a whole heap of bits to start construction, also 4 brand new 17" wheels.please get in touch. email cyclekartinggb@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-26 07:28 AM by Pierro Taruffi.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1929 CycleKart Race Car

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links