CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

Let's Start a Northeast Club

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Markgk Silver Member Mark Kenny
Annandale, NJ, USA   USA
I am going to build a cyclekart if there is somewhere to drive it and some social activities...including an event.

Here is my wish list:

- Club within 75 miles from 08801 Annandale NJ
- Somewhere to ride the cyclekart
- People that will share their ideas
- People that will join a club and regularly support the meetings and activities
- I have a decent shop (not necessarily the skills) and I would gladly share it with others...hope others would do the same
- Motivate me into building, driving and sharing the fun of what appears to be an incredible new sport

I think building it is certainly a challenge...but regularly supporting a group takes much more work

Here are my questions to other potential cyclekart enthusiasts:

- Are you willing to be an active member of a group if it shares your interests and values?
- Where do you live?
- Are you willing to meet monthly?

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-30 04:23 PM by Markgk.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Firehouse9114 Avatar
Firehouse9114 Nick Walters
Spencertown, NY, USA   USA
I'm interested in getting together for some "gentleman racing" but it looks like your about 3hrs away from me in upstate NY. My carts almost complete and then it's trying to convince my boss to let me race on his 200 acres of hilly fields and woods.

"Richard Milhous Dastardly"

Annandale, NJ, USA   USA
I would be willing to drive 3 hours. A couple of times a year I drive to FL and pull a boat. That's 22+ hours of driving...3 hours is like driving to the Jersey Shore with summer traffic...

That would be a great start.

Hopefully others will start getting excited.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Annandale, NJ, USA   USA
Wellllllllllllllllll. We're up to 2 members. Any more???????

DavidC5781 Dave C
East Greenwich, Rhode Island, USA   USA
I'm game for doing this! I've been dying to build and race a cyclekart. I'm in RI and have no problem meeting up with you guys.

Annandale, NJ, USA   USA
3 and climbing.........

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, New York, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
I'm in! Just above Troy, NY (central to NJ, downstate, western NY and western New England - or as the sign in our airport says, " within 4 hours drive of over 50% of North American purchasing power!" I hereby offer our place, Pennywise Plantation, as official NE Cyclekarts Club HQ. We should plan our first gathering/race for once this damnable winter is done (and I'll be sure to have Hemmings coverage), but smaller, less organized visits are welcome in the meantime. jc

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 20441 by jcny I'm in! Just above Troy, NY (central to NJ, downstate, western NY and western New England - or as the sign in our airport says, " within 4 hours drive of over 50% of North American purchasing power!" I hereby offer our place, Pennywise Plantation, as official NE Cyclekarts Club HQ. We should plan our first gathering/race for once this damnable winter is done (and I'll be sure to have Hemmings coverage), but smaller, less organized visits are welcome in the meantime. jc

Wow! What a Great offer John!
No excuses for the guys in the NE not to jump all over this!
Good Luck
&
Good Roads
Brian

DavidC5781 Dave C
East Greenwich, Rhode Island, USA   USA
Hey John,
Thats a great offer and a perfect idea! I know that I'm only 3hrs away fro Troy, NY… and I'm in RI.

I'm all for the NE Cyclekarts HQ being there. Completely agree on all of us getting together for a meet & greet once the New England weather warms up!

Thanks,
Dave

jcny Avatar
Agreed. I'll propose some dates! Motivation to complete my ride, too!

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

Firehouse9114 Avatar
Firehouse9114 Nick Walters
Spencertown, NY, USA   USA
Hi John, I'm putting the finishing touches to my kart, type 37 Bugatti. Lots of ideas for the next one but I really should work on some other car related projects 1st. Our eldest used to be in daycare in melrose and used to go through to tube the Battenkill in Cambridge. You are about 35 miles away so count me in for some spring racing. What's ur inspiration car going to be?

"Richard Milhous Dastardly"

jcny Avatar
Say, have we met already? In some other car-relatedvenue, perhaps?

jcny Avatar
1927 Salmson Grand Prix (FR):

see: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/16337/lot/149/

Annandale, NJ, USA   USA
Great - I better start my build ASAP. I am going to base it off of a Authentic Models PC012 Bantam Midget Red. This is an 18" replica and highly detailed.

See you in the summer, CK or no CK.

Many thanks!

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 20464 by jcny 1927 Salmson Grand Prix (FR):

see: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/16337/lot/149/
Thanks for posting that link. I had never heard of a Salmson Grand Prix, but it looks to be the perfect candidate to copy as a CK.
The body looks to be fabric........which leads me to last weeks discovery of fabric currently being used to cover the fuselage of small planes.
I was trying to recruit another CK member at an Aircraft repair shop at the airport, when the owner showed and explained this very lightweight but strong fabric he likes to use. I could see the wheel turning as we discussed cyclekarts and the importance of weigh saving during construction.
Good Roads
Brian

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1948 CycleKart Italian

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links