Let's Start a Northeast Club

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, New York, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
Hey, David (and others), even if it's not ready to run; bring it down. We'll have a face-to-face tech session (perhaps over beverages) and compare notes and encourage each other on to glory!

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Frankenkart Avatar
Frankenkart FRANK S
NYC, NY, USA   USA
anybody selling a cycleKart rolling chassis

Firehouse9114 Avatar
Firehouse9114 Nick Walters
Spencertown, NY, USA   USA
Hi John,

Looked at my schedule and timing is good so sign me up!...Bugatti should be completely fininished by then, just needs paint for the most part so I'm waiting for the weather to warm up.
Meanwhile I started my auto union type c although I really like the A aswell so we'll see how it develops. Working on the suspension now, uses torsion bars and I'm struggling to find a good solution. Various ideas but right now going to try trailer gate springs. Looked at rubber torsion axles but they seem a little too heavy duty and pricey. Sorry for the highjack of ur thread but if anyone has input on calculating the in lbs I need in very laymans terms (i.e. A link to a torsion spring/bar/axle I should try ) I'd appreciate it.
The timing is good, I'm planning to drive the 6000 miles round trip to Tieton later in the month so I can come give the car a proper test before I leave. I'm only about 40 mins away from you and have good friends up in Brunswick so let me know what help you need putting this all together.
How's your build coming along?

Best,
Nick

"Richard Milhous Dastardly"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jcny Avatar
OK, Nick and others: The event is officially posted, so please go there and sign on! Hemmings will be here, too - so come get (slightly) famous while we have fun!

Click on this URL To sign up, already!

http://www.cyclekartclub.com/calendar/event/1708

jc

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

jcny Avatar
Helloooo? Who's out there and planning to come have fun with us June 3rd????

NeatMike Mike G.
Windham, Maine, USA   USA
My son and I are working on our CK. It's just a frame and some wheels at this point. We will try our best to have it running by June.

Mike
Maine

jcny Avatar
Great, Mike - I'm in about the same boat. I hope you can/will come down either way - maybe we make it a collaborative build party, too! jc

Firehouse9114 Avatar
Firehouse9114 Nick Walters
Spencertown, NY, USA   USA
Hi John,

I am signed up. The Bugatti will be finished and I have just started an Auto Union so hopefully I can bring that as a rolling chasis. It will be a good outing for the Bugatti as I am planning to drive across country for Tieton later in the month.

"Richard Milhous Dastardly"

jcny Avatar
Super! C'mon Down!

NickZ Avatar
NickZ Nicholas Zarkades
Beverly, MA, USA   USA
Anything happening with a Northeast Club, I am in Beverly, MA and ready too start building.

Nick

Attachments:
FinalScaleModel.JPG    22.9 KB
FinalScaleModel.JPG

jcny Avatar
Absolutely, Nick! The First Northeast meet is set for June 3. Go to Events on the club site for details. C'mon Down!

Wikispeeder Bruce C
Tewksbury, MA, USA   USA
Brand new member from Massachusetts here. Decided to look into this seriously now that it looks like there will be a Northeast contingent! Good timing, folks, very good timing!

Hope to be at the first meet, but won't have time to get a car together. Still in the inspiration stage, where ideas are (mostlysmiling smiley) free.

Bruce

jcny Avatar
Inspiration is great! Come on down and share it!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1919 CycleKart Lightweight

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links