gt350rspeed Avatar
gt350rspeed Christopher Coffman
Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA   USA
1929 CycleKart Great Britain "Charly"
1930 CycleKart French "Carlylou"
Well that puts you straight up 29 from me then

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
23 miles! Heck, I drive that far to go to the hardware store Mike.
dg

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
Bikerdoc Mike H.
Upstate, South Carolina, USA   USA
Heck Denny, you guys up North are willing to commute long distances for anything. Here in the sunny South, we will only drive 23 miles for Football, Racing, Cold Beer, or Barbecue.
Mike

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
Must be the truth Mike, I hear the same story from my buddy Alvin over in Boilin' Springs.
A couple years back I drove to Boston for a part for my Bridgeport mill.
Left Friday night, got back in time for brunch Sunday morning.
dg

gt350rspeed Avatar
Yeah I hate driving too far. But beer can provide the extra motivation to drive further. Luckily it's been a short drive to take the cyclekarts to Cars and Coffee of the Upstate.

gt350rspeed Avatar
Warm weather isn't far away now. Looking forward to getting some more time in the cyclekarts. Got a new engine for my green one. Just need to order the hop up kit before I put it in the car. Hopefully gonna be starting on a third cyclekart soon. Plus a couple of guys here in the spartanburg area are interested in building their own as well. Could be a great year

gt350rspeed Avatar
Im about to start to start ordering parts for my 3rd cyclekart. Looming forward to getting another one going.

loose ctrl Ben M
I still follow along here but I'm out when it comes to building or being able to meet. I'm having some challenges in life currently. Hopefully, someday in the not to distant future, I'll be in a position with free time to build and come play. For now, I'll be supporting the Palmetto CK club from behind my computer.

gt350rspeed Avatar
Thought I'd give the post a bump. Got the new engine in the green cyclekart a few weeks ago. With the new engine and stage 2 kit it's faster than the blue one now (also with stage 2 kit) but with the green one being 60 lbs lighter it's kicking the blue ones but now. So I'm going to be looking into some weight reduction options on the blue one now and possibly the light weight flywheel. Trying to even things out. Also I'm planning to have both cyclekarts at a car show in reidville in two weeks if anyone is interested. I'm posting the event poster with this. #becausecyclekart

Attachments:
FB_IMG_1492240780157.jpg    56.7 KB
FB_IMG_1492240780157.jpg

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
60 lb difference is the game changer!
We areal trying our best to build light, but not always willing to make ALL of the sacrifices that come with light construction,
.As my wife said last night "you may be building a Cyclekart as a replica race car, but even those who do get to race them with others. are still racing just for FUN!"
"There is no prize money or trophy.........just the felling of being a competitor at 45mph."
Glad to hear you are finding others in SC.
Good Roads
Brian

gt350rspeed Avatar
Thanks. I'm going to build a 3rd car soon and I plan to make the body of my own design this time as opposed to replicating a real car.

gt350rspeed Avatar
Just wanted to give this topic a bump and hopefully see if there was any new people in the area or if anyone else has gotten started on a car

FOMOGO Doug E
In reply to # 23775 by gt350rspeed Thought I'd give the post a bump. Got the new engine in the green cyclekart a few weeks ago. With the new engine and stage 2 kit it's faster than the blue one now (also with stage 2 kit) but with the green one being 60 lbs lighter it's kicking the blue ones but now. So I'm going to be looking into some weight reduction options on the blue one now and possibly the light weight flywheel. Trying to even things out. Also I'm planning to have both cyclekarts at a car show in reidville in two weeks if anyone is interested. I'm posting the event poster with this. #becausecyclekart

You know, I live just outside of Riedville and didn't even know this was happening..... I would be interested in joining in with the group. I don't have a cyclekart yet but one is in the plans for the not to distant future. Is there any plans for a get together to meet everyone and talk about these???

Thanks

gt350rspeed Avatar
Wow you're really close to me then. I live just outside Duncan. Just minutes from the ingles on 290. I also work at BMW. So far I have the only 2. There is another guy who said he's getting parts together last I heard but I haven't met him. No official meet up yet but imnpretty flexible So we can set something up. You can find all most posts on YouTube and social media like Facebook by searching #becausecyclekart. There aren't any kits, it's all custom unless you buy one from vintage kart co to assemble. But I can offer plenty of advise, input, and help. My name is Christopher

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1928 CycleKart Vintage

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links