CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

Tieton. I know it's early, but who has a shot at being there?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
I will lead of with myself.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
Hillsboro, Oregon, USA   USA
1921 CycleKart German "Chitty"
1921 CycleKart German "Chitty"
Im pretty sure Chitty got an invite

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, Oregon, USA   USA
I'll be there driving or helping or both!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Pierro Taruffi Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffs, UK   GBR
1923 CycleKart Vintage "Voisin Laboratoire"
Invitations were sent, and the basic successful applicants advised.

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
I'll be going hope there will a space available
Al

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

CmdBentaxle Avatar
In reply to # 22162 by Pierro Taruffi Invitations were sent, and the basic successful applicants advised.

Indeed. And yet there must be many more than than I am aware of.

Dave, if you have had a response you will know that the numbers are limited for organisational reasons.

Dennis Thomas Avatar
phoenix, arizona, USA   USA
1919 CycleKart Lightweight "A.V. Monocar"
1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer "Old Number 27"
1930 CycleKart German "The Boulevard Cruiser"
1937 CycleKart American "37 Studebaker Modified"
Antioch Bob M
Langley, BC, Canada   CAN
1929 CycleKart French "LR2 Special"
Will be there ....

Rosengart LR2 special

http://rosengart.rzaplaser.com/rosengart-lr2-build/

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 22177 by Dennis Thomas At this point there are 30 teams representing a total of 40 cars......and it's only February! Wow!
As Tieton seems to be the "Mecca" for the CycleKart world.
It is apparant that this event has the potential to grow as large as organizers will allow.
Could be the next Sturgis!
If restricted there will be a lot of disappointment as mentioned earlier.
Going to be a big discision to be made that will determine the scope of this event in the future???
Brian

In reply to # 22179 by Woodysrods
In reply to # 22177 by Dennis Thomas At this point there are 30 teams representing a total of 40 cars......and it's only February! Wow!
As Tieton seems to be the "Mecca" for the CycleKart world.
It is apparant that this event has the potential to grow as large as organizers will allow.
Could be the next Sturgis!
If restricted there will be a lot of disappointment as mentioned earlier.
Going to be a big discision to be made that will determine the scope of this event in the future???
Brian

You have nailed it Brian. The organisors have to cope with it, and they don't do a lot except get excluded from participating in their "own" event, and put in a truck load of work to make it happen. Local facilities are overstretched, by some who expect to turn up and be accommodated. Places to stay are limited. I know i seem to be making excuses why it should remain small, put yourselves in their places. Would you do all this work for no thanks and not get to participate? Hmmmmmmm
Yep, I won't be cmplaining when I get excluded, but be exceptionally honored if /when I am included.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Yes, as my profession was Public Recreation (I was a Recreation Director for Municipal Government) I have spent my whole life organizing groups and events.
And Yes, It is a whole different level of participation for the "Event Organizer/Participant" than it is for the "Event Participant" on so many different levels.
Especially the level that includes the word "Fun".
Unfortunately, without the dedication, and effort that "Organizers" provide, there would be no events like Tieton to bring people together.
That is why we must all pitch in and do are part to "help" in even the smallest way at these events.
Never complain! But, always be asking someone "Do you need help?" or "How can I help" or "Is there a job I can do right now that will make this go easier for you"
Been there done that!
So have the utmost respect for Organizers designs.
Good Roads
Brian
CycleKart #69 will be there!!!!

Antioch Bob M
Langley, BC, Canada   CAN
1929 CycleKart French "LR2 Special"
Ditto x2 to Rhys's comments.

I would not expect there is a lot of room to grow based on both the town & the organizational effort it takes to put together. I believe every year it's a challenge for the Gittreville group as to whether they can put it on or not.

Rosengart LR2 special

http://rosengart.rzaplaser.com/rosengart-lr2-build/

CmdBentaxle Avatar
In reply to # 22169 by Pierro Taruffi Dave, if you have had a response you will know that the numbers are limited for organisational reasons.

I do Rhys.
And there are bound to be some dissapointed, hopefully not me either.
Just trying to conjure an image of the potential out there, with the understanding that several are not
visitors here.

In reply to # 22183 by CmdBentaxle
In reply to # 22169 by Pierro Taruffi Dave, if you have had a response you will know that the numbers are limited for organisational reasons.

I do Rhys.
And there are bound to be some dissapointed, hopefully not me either.
Just trying to conjure an image of the potential out there, with the understanding that several are not
visitors here.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there might be a few (or more) who feel they are "entitled" to attend who might be disappointed. For me it's a privilege, not a right and should I be accepted I will fit in how ever I can, and assist in the same way, especially if it means the G'ville guys get to drive. Previous years I have noted that they have missed out, and I am determined to make sure that doesn't happen. The prime thing for me is the driving, but if I miss out....

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1938 CycleKart Race Car

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links