CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

Tieton. I know it's early, but who has a shot at being there?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
It's the right attitude you have.
Having only been to 2 events briefly, not having done much to assist, I will consider myself very fortunate to have
my car on the grid if I do.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
Hillsboro, Oregon, USA   USA
1921 CycleKart German "Chitty"
I was just happy to be there let alone drive,these guys are fun to be around,learn new things,chat about new projects.I already have planned the days off with work so I can be there,now the finances to get there!!!Cost me close to $150 in gas,and as for food I wont even count that.Its just a privlage to be part of the group and that I can contribute to keep things moving.

RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
I have just recently joined this forum and do not have a kart or an invitation. I hope I can spectate and/or help in some way. Hopefully there is a field or a place to park my RV for the weekend. Really looking forward to it.

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, Oregon, USA   USA
It's great to see all the positive, flexible, helpful attitudes here. I think it was the "entitled" kind of attitudes that drove the Tieton organizers away from this forum in the past. It's such a simple concept: If a person doesn't like the way an event is run, they should create there own event. That would actually be a win-win!

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 22189 by RROLDSX I have just recently joined this forum and do not have a kart or an invitation. I hope I can spectate and/or help in some way. Hopefully there is a field or a place to park my RV for the weekend. Really looking forward to it.
Hi Randy
There is plenty of room in Tieton!
they didn't even put a dent in the available space.
There was a huge (no amenity) field where people camped with their Motor homes about two blocks from the Warehouse (CycleKart Central)and a nice little campground about one block away Where I think Dave was the only one there with his Teardrop (spectator with hopes of building)
I was at a Car Club friend s average about a mile away from the downtown with two other Teardrop friends that just came to came with me and see what this CycleKart thin was all about.
You have to remember Tieton is a seriously depresses Rural Farm town 18 miles outside of Yakima with a large Hispanic population, lots of possibilities and pretty laid back.
Just the perfect setting for an event of this nature.
There community futures, chamber of commerce, or whatever they call themselves down there, are more than happy to see "any" event that brings people and money to their small town.
I was there three time this past summer for various events.
Can't wait to go back!
God Roads
Brian

RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Thanks for the info Brian, we'll see you there!

rhauck Randy Hauck
Yakima, Washington, USA   USA
1934 CycleKart German "Silberpfeil"
I think the key is reaching out to the Gittreville Club organizers and asking them how you can help, both if you are in the races or didn't get the invite or kart not quite done, etc... last year I went as a volunteer and spectator, my cyclekart was not ready to go but I knew that it would be for the following year, I reached out to the Gittreville Club early on and offered to help volunteering for them. I have to say with that experience, though maybe not as fun as driving in the event it self, but it was a blast having a front row seat at the races on Sunday. AND I got to ask a lot of questions on building form the builders and drivers. I think it is important that the organizers of the event are able to participate in the events of their choosing and I think a key to this is having a number of committed volunteers. I was lucky enough to get an invitation this year, but feel as a new comer I still need to not forget that this event only works if a number of people put the time in to make event successful for all of those participating.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Great News
Looking forward to seeing you again Randy.
I hope you have been out with your new CycleKart practicing popping donuts in the snow!
Good Roads
Brian

Tom Knight Avatar
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
1911 CycleKart Racing "Yellow Peril"
What are the dates this year ?

rhauck Randy Hauck
Yakima, Washington, USA   USA
1934 CycleKart German "Silberpfeil"
Oh I wish...I spent the last several weeks in a cast after falling on the ice, broke my wrist. I have a few more weeks to go and then back to business, I am going to take your advice and lower the backend a little. So I have a little work to do on it and then I am going to sneak it out on the street when the neighbors are not looking smiling smiley

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
Man o man Randy, you must be a youngster, I broke mine Christmas morning
the same way, i.e. on the ice. It's been seven weeks for mine and it's still sore
as hell. To sore in fact to drive with or even pickup a mug of coffee.
Hope yours heals better than mine and you get a chance to spend some
drive time in it before summer.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
Hillsboro, Oregon, USA   USA
June 23-25th

Topper2011 Avatar
Topper2011 Roland Young
Los Altos, CA, USA   USA
I went to last years as a spectator and it was a very fun event. My wife and I drove up and stayed at a Cozy 8 just outside of Yakima. We had a great place to setup our chairs and watch the show. Across from the park is a pastry shop that had some good eats and we stopped in a little mexican restaurant in Yakima that served some very good food at a reasonable price and judging by the crowds there many people knew about it. My kart is definitely not ready, so I plan on attending again kartless.

"Man plans, God laughs"

JTremain Justin Tremain
Oak HArbor, Washington, USA   USA
Team 'Doin it Wrong' will be attending with revised V2 of our 1929 Fiat Gypsy!

Looking forward to an awesome race weekend!

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Hey, I remember you guys. Still running those low resistance tires!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links