The Pub - Off Topic

Cyclekarts on Parade

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Azroddy Avatar
Azroddy Jon R
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
Just wanted to share. There is nothing like driving 5 MPH with 40 cyclekarts. It was a blast.

Jon R.
Arizona Cyclekart Club Member

Check out my Cyclekart videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvkqtC-vHIKjoizyjuGnH6g

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
Quite a showing. But......I din't see any home made karts in the parade.
What happened to the invite???

dg

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, Arizona, USA   USA
1924 Ford Model T "Viscount Vinson Special"
1927 CycleKart American "Mono Wasp"
Denny,
The Arizona club was invited by the organizers of the Grand Prix of Scottsdale to drive the Vintage Kart Co karts in the parade. We had the home-built karts in the Fiesta Bowl Parade.

The guys from Vintage Kart Co have engineered some fantastic parts for our karts. They even have a spindle with bushings that is a direct replacement for the sloppy Asusa spindle.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Must be that dyslexia again, I'd swear I saw it posted that they invited ya'll to be in the parade,
which I took to mean, they were inviting you and your creations to be in the Vintage Kart Co. parade.

dg

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, Arizona, USA   USA
1924 Ford Model T "Viscount Vinson Special"
1927 CycleKart American "Mono Wasp"
It was super fun. We will have our own group including the Vintage Kart Co group for next years Fiesta Bowl Parade. That should be fun.

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

Azroddy Avatar
Azroddy Jon R
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
Dennis,

I totally get where your coming from, inviting us to drive does sound like we will drive our karts. The Parade we were in was to highlight old town Scottsdale. The Grand Prix of Scottsdale is a big deal for them. The Mayor has even drove one of the Vintage Kart co. cyclekarts. It really wouldn't of been the place to show our Custom CycleKarts. It was really cool of the Vintage guys to invite us to drive their karts. They are members of our group here in Arizona. The owners build about 60 cycle karts. One of the owners, Ron, even had a messed up hand at the parade from getting all the karts ready for the event. We are a very active group. If you ask my wife too active. We have a monthly meeting out at my shop every month. This month will be the 5th month in a row. Steve also finds car shows and other car related events that we can show the Custom Karts. We have a few other larger events in the works this year. One will be a hill climb to the top of one of the highest peaks in the valley followed by mountain top BBQ and shop talk session. There will be a trail ride also but I haven't told many people about that one. It will be a hilly desert drive on a path that goes for about 20 miles. Still need to do some looking into that one. I am sure we will have another big event up north in the summer too.

I don't know many guys on here and I know the trip to make one of our events would be hard. If interested the best place to know whats going on here is our facebook group. The group is "Arizona Cyclekart Club". Just join and you will know as the events get close. We also post a bunch of cool and interesting stuff. In fact we have a free shirt give away for the 100th member. I think we are at 97 members right now.

Jon R.

Well you guys out there in the desert certainly are turning out to be a
driving force in the Cyclekart movement. I never hear of anything
outside of the Tieton event that the Gitterville bunch organizes.
Maybe one day Phoenix will be the Mecca for the Cyclekart movement.
Now that trip.....I might be able to swing for a vacation since everyone has
relatives in Phoenix, us included.
dg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-17 04:50 PM by Denny Graham.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hi Jon
Thank You for the AZ Club outline and update.
You guys are shaping the mold and setting a standard for other groups to follow if they wish to get something going in their geographic areas.
Using what you have accomplished over the past 5 months as a guideline would be truly helpful.
Our B.C. Chapter is watching and taking notes!
Keep up the good work.
Good Roads
Brian

Azroddy Avatar
Azroddy Jon R
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
Brian,

Thanks for the inspiring comments. I don't think we as a club view our selfies as shaping the mold and setting a standard. We are just a good group of guys that really like Cyclekarts. We have learned that the more you get out there with your kart the bigger the group gets. Ever new member of our club helps energize the group.

Thanks,
Jon

Jon R.

sherwayne Sherwin R
Jacksonville, FL, USA   USA
Looks like you guys had fun. Thanks for sharing.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

2015 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links