CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

Invitation to First Annual Northeast CK Event (details here and soon(?) under 'Events')

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, New York, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
OK, true-hearted CK fans within a days' drive of the Albany, NY area: Come one, Come all! It's time to get out the Cyclekarts and run them through the countryside! We have a shed, we have a shop, we have a course (or soon will, once the snow melts). All we need is You (and your CKs).

Get it Out! Fire it Up! Bring it Here! We'll have a tech session, a country track to race around, and good times for you and your cyclekart! Please respond by May 15 to let us know if you're coming, so we can have the fridge stocked appropriately. The shop will be open (tools, fuels, drink that cools). Suggestions for format are welcome, as this is totally freeform at the moment, but the tentative "plan" is this:
Saturday morning about 10 AM: arriving hordes
Saturday morning til about Noon: meet and greet, set-up and test (and fix)
Saturday at Noon-ish: barbeque ready, let's eat
Saturday after noon: let's race! Several heats as practical!
Saturday later: fix 'em as needed, pack 'em, sit and gab, plan next event.

Details and direct contact info, click on this link: Yowza! Let's Do it

Do come, eh?

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
PennywiseBasicCycleKartCourse.jpg    63.1 KB
PennywiseBasicCycleKartCourse.jpg

jcny Avatar
Are you guys OUT THERE still???? Anyone else planning to attend? Don't make me race with myself!!!1

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

andrewroudny Avatar
andrewroudny andrew roudny
peterborough, ontario, Canada   CAN
1939 CycleKart German "The Vulture"
Hey John,

I live in Peterborough, about an hour north-east of Toronto. I'm working away on my ck and would love to come down and run at your "track"! Ask me again next summer and I should be ready to go!

Cheers,
Andy

"I never lose. I either win or learn.”
-Nelson Mandela

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
One day a guy will be able to set up a cyclekart event, and have the reasonable expectation that anybody with a kart, even unfinished, within 200 miles would show up. Maybe not yet?
Makes me wonder. How many actual runners are really out there?
A lot of cyclekarting turns out to be some pretty lonely trailblazing, for a while anyway.
Stay the course, John.

Bentaxle

Firehouse9114 Avatar
Firehouse9114 Nick Walters
Spencertown, NY, USA   USA
Hi John,

I have been busy working and trying to get all the details finished on the car and not paying attention to the forum. Working on getting a trailer now, I will be there with a running and ( I hope ) finished kart.

Anyone else?

Nick

"Richard Milhous Dastardly"

Attachments:
IMG_0504.JPG    49 KB
IMG_0504.JPG

jcny Avatar
Looking GOOD, Nick! Yowza! Not to worry, Bentaxle: I suspect there are more silent runners than forum folk. And even if we have just a few truebloods, we'll have a fine day of it!

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Wow, Nick.
What a beauty!

jcny Avatar
Consider yourself invited, Andy, for next year, or this! Good building to you! jc

jcny Avatar
Getting Ready! I took the 27 Salmson (sans body still only partly built) out for a few turns around some of the course planned for our Dustoff. Yeehah! Handheld phone video (makes it look bumpier than it is) can be seen at:

Eagerly anticipating your participation here on June 3 (event 1708).

jc

Azroddy Avatar
Azroddy Jon R
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
John,

That is the way to do it. Build it and have the event even if no one shows. That track looks great. I would love to come and kill some grass. Here in Arizona we don't get to drive on grass much. I am sure it will only be a short time before you will have to expand the track.

Keep up the good work

Jon

Jon R.
Arizona Cyclekart Club Member

Check out my Cyclekart videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvkqtC-vHIKjoizyjuGnH6g

jcny Avatar
Thanks, Jon. I have no fears of no one coming. We have five official member sign ups, and there are likely local hopefuls, too.

jcny Avatar
Thanks, Jon. I have no fears of no one coming. We have five official member sign ups, and there are likely local hopefuls, too.

Hey, you who ARE coming, Remember to bring your HELMET(s)!!!!!

carmelmike Avatar
carmelmike Michael Stevenson
Carmel, California, USA   USA
1925 CycleKart French "Delage"
1933 CycleKart Italian "Whitney Straight Maserati"
1934 CycleKart American "Brannon Special"
1934 CycleKart French "Bugatti Type 59"    & more
Great track location, and barn. Looks like fun, and I hope you have a very fun gathering!

The Type 35 with the side-mount spare is outstanding! Well done!! First time I've seen a side-mount and it looks GREAT!

(And it's making me think: We still don't have a Type 35 in the stable...That's a pretty inspiring shot.)

Thanks,
Mike

jcny Avatar
Mike, which type 35 are you citing?

carmelmike Avatar
carmelmike Michael Stevenson
Carmel, California, USA   USA
1925 CycleKart French "Delage"
1933 CycleKart Italian "Whitney Straight Maserati"
1934 CycleKart American "Brannon Special"
1934 CycleKart French "Bugatti Type 59"    & more
Nick Walters' machine.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1942 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links