CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

CK members in Western PA?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

gearguy Charles Schultz
Oil City, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
Due to imminent relocation to our "forever home" in Western PA I have not been able to start construction of my Bugatti T-32 Tank homage. We have been looking at properties in Butler/Lawrence/Mercer counties and hope to have a few acres to exercise the kart once it is completed. Are there any CK members in that area who could school me on areas to avoid? She who must be obeyed is terrified of tap water that can be set afire. I have already located the Harbor Freight store and just need a few acres with trees and room for a workshop. She insists we bought the current house for its 4 car garage and has veto power this time.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck Schultz

PS: I ended up "Harles" on here because the c key stuck & I hit enter without proof reading.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
So Charles??? You saying that you're tossing in the towel at Winfield, IL?
Here I thought I was gonna have a CK buddy when we get set up for
meets down at the Newark road course.
What prompted you to leave the Land of Lincoln?
dg

gearguy Charles Schultz
Trying to reduce the monthly overhead. $7500 a year in property taxes, $1200 a year in sewer & water plus a mortgage payment vs. $1000 a year for property taxes, a well/septic at maybe $600 a year, and no mortgage are the big economic factors. Plus the missus has had to live where my job demanded for 35 years; it is her turn to pick the location this time. Hoping to have my own 2 to 5 acre road course in Western PA with the same size shop I have now.
The idea of a local club appeals though, hence this thread looking for Western PA members. Eastern Ohio too; Some potential properties are minutes from the OH/PA line along I-80 route.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Charles,

If you hover over on My Account on the menu bar, then click on Edit My Account, you can edit your name, just can't change your forum ID.

Chris

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, Illinois, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Well good luck with the move Charles. Your reasoning is very typical of a lot of
people I've known over the years. My folks headed for AZ when they retired,
my brother went to Mountain Home, AR, his son stayed after they passed away.
Sweetie face's family split up and headed for NC and AZ.
Me....I'm gonna bite the bullet and stick out my last few years right here
in good old Illinois where I was born and raised. Everyone is bailing out
of Illinois because of the hole our politicians have dug for us. The trend
seems to be that our population is going to continue to decline for quite
some time with people seeking more bang for the buck in other states.

Hope you can find a group over in PA. I don't think I've seen any
Amish Buggykarts on the forum yet, maybe you can be the first.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

RedRider Avatar
RedRider Ken ICE-Ashbrook
Severna Park, MD, USA   USA
Hope you include a large garage with lift capabilities in that "forever" home....Happy hunting!

PitStop 66,
Severna Park, MD

gearguy Charles Schultz
Thanks Redrider! So far it has been a "goldilocks" problem: some places have too small a garage, some too big [Mama fears my hoarding potential] but we'll find the right place. As far as lift capability goes, my "pitstops" are more likely to be as shown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-16 10:23 AM by gearguy.

Attachments:
pitstop.jpg    75.6 KB
pitstop.jpg

skinoff.jpg    10.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
gearguy Charles Schultz
We'll be relocating to Oil City PA in June. Not as big a yard or shop as I'd hoped for but she-who-must-be-obeyed says I can have the entire unfinished basement for my shop. The property's former circular driveway may get restored as a test track. Any CK builders near Oil City?

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Good Luck with your new home and CycleKart shop in the basement.
Cozy is sometimes better.
Good Roads
Brian
PS
I am using some of your drawings everyday on my build (motor drawing very helpful)
Thanks

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1933 CycleKart Italian

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links