CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

Stanwood Dirt Track "Slime Dog Speedway" July 22 Invitation

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
So I'd like to re-issue the previous invitation to the Cycle Kart world to come check out our humble little 1/8th mile oval dirt flat track at the world infamous Slime Dog Invitational Speedway just south of Stanwood WA this coming month on July 22nd. This would be an opportunity to see how your Cycle Karts work in the environment of a classic dirt oval. While 1/8th mile may sound small we have raced Mini Stocks (Datsuns, Toyotas, Pintos) Mini Sprints, Quads and Bikes with lots of success. I'm confident you will have fun. The track will be groomed and we have the ability to water the track to keep the dust down and maximize traction. Please respond with your interest so I can get a head count for the track owner.

You can get a satellite view of the course at 23261 70th Ave NW, Stanwood, WA 98292. The current satellite view the track looks a bit rough but trust me it has been recently races on and will be smoothed with a box drag for your arrival.

I would ask you to arrive in time for a pit meeting at 11:00 AM to be followed by a track walk. We would also ask you to bring a proper helmet. There are walls and ARMCO barriers around the track and a cracked noggin would be unpleasant.

So, this is a test. if we all play well together and get along it would open the opportunity to play some more in the future. This first try is a no cost opportunity. Future dates would entail a modest remuneration to compensate the owner for his efforts and fuel.

Who's Game?
Ryan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Ryan, I'm out and all the serious cartinistas are in Tieton this weekend. It will mostly be a few days before you get a response. Some carts will have to be rebuilt after tromping through the orchard.

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Yep, im hoping the date works.

JTremain Avatar
JTremain Justin Tremain
Oak HArbor, Washington, USA   USA
I will be there along with my co driver! We had a blast in Tieton, fortunately we didnt have any breakdowns, so we're looking forward to coming and going sideways for an 1/8 mile smiling smiley

"Magic Man"
Team Doin It Wrong

1929 Fiat Gypsy
"The terror of Tieton"
"The 1965 911 of cyclekarts"

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Glad you survived the weekend and look forward to meeting you!

RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Are spectators welcome?

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Sure?
Note we don't have restrooms.
But there are plenty of trees.

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Sure?
Note: we don't have restrooms.
But there are plenty of trees.

bensko Ben H
Seattle, Washington, USA   USA
I will be there. Don't have a CK yet, but definitely interested in building one.

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Look forward to meeting you!

johnla Avatar
johnla Silver Member John L
Woodway, Washington, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "1927 Delage Gran Prix"
Update on 7/22 Stanwood race day from Ryan, it looks like it is getting postponed, see copied note below:
"Hi John, Im currently in Florida at a busy trade show so I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.
So I'm sad to say we may have to delay the meet on the 22nd sad smiley.
The track owner had a hiking trip planned for the 15 that has changed to the 22nd. I will talk to him this weekend when I get home and we will come up with a new plan. So very sorry and I want you to know we are sincere in our offer of the track.
Cheers! Ryan "

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

2015 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links