CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

Can the sound?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Neto Ernest B
Berlin, Ohio, USA   USA
Thanks Albert. I'm surprised, I would have thought it would be the other way around (quieter with the dual pipes). But I think I still like the dual sound better - less like a single lung engine.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
classical-gas Scot Laughlin
Bellingham, washington, USA   USA
I can think of couple older single cylinder motorcycles I've seen that ran dual pipes. One split inside the head, the other outside.

Mostly styling, I think, but I could be wrong on that.

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
It will be interesting to see if there is a measureable performance difference and sound between the single and twin pipe at Slime Dog on the 14th.
Al

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
I remember back to my favourite sounding motorcycle back in 1968. A good friend had a 1966 Honda 255 Scrambler i believe.
It had twin pipes mounted high down now side and souped "Great".....always loved that bike, as my mother would not let me buy a bike, so I had a 59 VW as my "First Car" (37 DeSoto Coupe two months later after turning 16). Didn't get my first bike until I was 30 years old.
Good Roads
Brian

dBlast Avatar
dBlast Vince De Blasi
Maple, Ontario, Canada   CAN
I like the the deep thump thump sound of the dual exhaust.
When you plug one side of the dual exhaust it definitely quiets down. It is acting like a dead end j-pipe (aka helmhotz resonator) sometimes used to eliminate drone when running resonator delete or straight pipes in performance exhaust applications.
Vince.

gearguy Charles Schultz
Oil City, Pennsylvania, USA   USA

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1937 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links