CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

Slime Dog Speedway, New date September 9th!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Hey All,
Thanks for the positive feedback on the test outing at Slime Dog Invitational Speedway. Due to your response we'd like to do it again and have selected Saturday September 9th as the next date. Eric the track owner will have the track groomed and water tank full to keep the dust down and the track surface smooth.

There are a few things we learned from the first outing and will require at this time around. First is an automotive or motorcycle full face helmet, durable shoes, long sleeve shirt, long pants and protective gloves. Also take a look at the interior of your Kart and look for any sharp edges. Finally make sure your kart is in good mechanical shape and all the bolts are tight. We look to play safe and have fun.

There will also be what we hope you will agree a modest fee of $25.00 per Kart and $10.00 for extra drivers.

The track address is 23261 70th Ave NW, Stanwood WA 98292.

I will be there about 10:00 AM with our pit meeting scheduled for 11:00 AM followed by a track walk. If we get enough cars we will have practice, time trials, heat races and a main event.

This is of course weather permitting. I'll communicate through this post if there will be a rain out. That said Stanwood does tend to be a bit dryer so cross your fingers.

My email is high.five@comcast.net

Hope this works out and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!
Ryan Hanegan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
I'm in.
The Ferrari is torn down for a brake upgrade, but should be back together in plenty of time.

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Lash that nose down too. Wouldn't want to mess up such a pretty face!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Oh yeah. New braces underneath.

johnla Avatar
johnla Silver Member John L
Woodway, Washington, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "1927 Delage Gran Prix"
Great, I'm looking forward to it too and will be there, full helmet this time! Will forward. John

rhauck Avatar
rhauck Randy Hauck
Yakima, Washington, USA   USA
1934 CycleKart German "Silberpfeil"
I am planning on going!

Thanks for getting this together!

Randy Hauck

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Great Randy!
Look forward to meeting you!

DoinItWrong Avatar
DoinItWrong Anthony Gurganious
Oak Harbor, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1929 CycleKart Italian "Fiat Gipsy"
Go ahead and mark Team Doin' It Wrong down as a very likely probable. Gotta throw the larger sprocket on and remount the tail, but it is looking like we're gonna be doin' some sideways dirt trackin' very soon.

El Diablo (Anthony Gurganious)
1/2 Owner
1/2 Builder
1/2 Driver
1929 Fiat Gipsy
Team Captain: Team Doin' It Wrong

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
EEEEEEEEEEEE HHHAAAWWWWWWW!

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
You guys better shoot some Video on this one!
The last one was great....but this could be better with more CKs on the track at once.
We will be on the other side of the State.sad smiley.........But my turn will come some day soon I hope!
Woody

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-29 08:57 PM by Woodysrods.

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Its gonna get better every time!
:-)

Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Everything is a go for Saturday. Weather looks good and some rain would be good for the track. Will you be there? I will.

RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
I'm planning on coming to watch and learn.

Randy R

johnla Avatar
johnla Silver Member John L
Woodway, Washington, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "1927 Delage Gran Prix"
I'll be there. I've also heard that Dave (Ferrari), Anthony, Dave(Delahaye), and Randy are coming. I don't know what other cars. See you Sat! John

JTremain Avatar
JTremain Justin Tremain
Oak HArbor, Washington, USA   USA
well, we just got the Gipsy up and running for the first time since Tieton! couple adjustments and were ready. Figured id throw together a VERY rough little teaser vid winking smiley

"Magic Man"
Team Doin It Wrong

1929 Fiat Gypsy
"The terror of Tieton"
"The 1965 911 of cyclekarts"

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1921 CycleKart Vintage

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links