AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
I will have a 10 x 10 space to display 2 CK's at the Spokane Speed and Custom Car show April 13-15 2018 and could get 10 x 20 space for 2 or 3 more if I can get a for sure commitment. It will require setup on the 12th and take down on the 15th after awards. I would love to see this happen please let me know asap.
Al

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Oh Al
This offer is way too tempting, as it stirs up some very old memories.
As the last time I attended the Spokane Car Show was in the early 80's (could have been 82 to 84??) some things from that trip are still a little blurry and some have been wiped from my memory banks completely!
I do recall that we left Westbank very early on a Saturday morning, but finished the beers we had taken with us by time we hit the border (threw the empties out the window as we approached customs), but the first tavern is only about 300 yards into the USA at the Oroville crossing so restocking was not a problem ( still have all my ebay purchases sent to that pub). There were three of us and we had a small window of fun, as two of us had to be back for our Spring Football League practice by Sunday morning. After a few more Tavern stops we arrived in Spokane for the long awaited Car Show, which we were asked to leave as soon as we started getting excited about the cars...... for being too drunk???
We did not get back on the road until well after midnight that night after an afternoon of fun in Spokane. Unfortunately only two of us managed to make the return trip home, as the third decided to stay in the motel room with the girls we had picked up earlier in the afternoon (he still lives in Spokane to this day.....just came back to Canada long enough to pick up his things??)
Somehow managed our way back home arriving at around 7:30 am after dropping off my friend in Peachland, I had slept the last 90 miles or so when my buddy realized I was way to drunk to get us through the border. Thus, I had not been keeping track of the gas gauge, and ran out of gas and had to walk the last 1/4 of a mile home. That was the day I discovered there really is a God, as when was climbing out of the car I spotted on last "Lucky" rolling around on the floor of the car in front of the back seat. Enjoyed it right to my doorstep where I deposited the empty before being greeted by the wife, while on my knees trying to fit the key into that small slot in the door knob.
After an short nap I did make my 10:00 am Football practice, but was not at the top of my game..........oh to be young again.
Oh......as I recall the wife was really cranky that day, and was not as impressed as my Football Teammates, that I made the practice??
Anyways.........enough reminiscing, the Car Show sounds like a wonderful idea.
I would love to commit to coming, but can not always predict what April will bring. I do have another commitment that puts me back in Washington on April 20th, on our way to California for a Teardrop event????
How many CycleKarts do you think you would like, or hope to get? And what is the cut off date for getting the extra space?
Would they be together?
Lots of things to consider, and I for one thrive on deadlines!
Good Roads
Brian

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
1927 CycleKart American
Brian,
Many good memories from back than however this is not the old Auto Boat Speed Show as it’s been gone from Spokane for many years. A local car show judge put the first Spokane Speed and Custom Show together last year with some amazing vehicles. Like I said I have a 10’ x 10’ area for my 2 Cyclekarts he would like to see more and put us in a 10’x 20’ display. I think we could get 2 or 3 more in the 10' x 20' area but would need to know vary soon as the spaces still available are limited. I would pay the entry fee but I need solid commitments the sooner the better.

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hi Al
If my CK was in a finished state right now, I would commit and find a way to make the trip.
And I truly hope it will be finished long before mid April.
But......I can't seem to predict life these days.
Something always seems to get in the way???
Brian

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Dang Brian, your foolish youth sounds like a mirror image of mine. Taint
a day go by that I don't wish I had it to do over again, cept this time with
what I know now. If ya got the same miss's to day as you had back then,
your a lucky man, and I'll bet you've made some changes to keep your
house in order. I know there came that day when I had to start walking
a straight line or walk it alone.
Even if your kart is not all dressed out in it's finest duds Brian, it would be
even more interesting to any builder to see it undressed. You workmanship
is top notch, professional and bound to make an impression on a would be
builder looking for a new project.
I know back in the late 70's, when I'd decided that I was going to build my
own plane, I spent a couple of days studying and measuring an undressed
factory built Pitts S1S on display at the EAA air show in Oshkosh, WI.
I think that display drew 10 times the interest as a plane that was all
decked out in a fancy paint job. I've still got a shoe box of pictures I
took that week.

I really wish I would have stayed out there in Grants Pass, OR Al when I
tried moving out there in '70. I would have loaded up to spend the weekend
in Spokane in a heart beat. If you put one kart on display you might get a
casual glance, but put a half dozen out there and the passers by would see
that it's a serious beginning down a back road to a little less expensive car
related hobby as opposed to one guy building a yard kart for his kids.
Hope you get a bunch wanting to join in for the weekend.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
1927 CycleKart American
I know it is difficult to commit to anything 3 months away. If you would spread the word or PM me if you have questions.
Al

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1921 CycleKart German

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links