CKC

Custom Karts Forum

East Coast Chapter - Exciting opportunity!!!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
In reply to # 21669 by CederholmC Now you guys are talking!

In addition to "clearing the decks" I've shared my thoughts with my 10yo son and 11yo daughter, both are interested in helping and learning how to build. They sold the idea to my wife! Green light!

In other news, I've posted an introduction in the "Kart Tech" section outlining my plans. Starting to think I posted it in the wrong place. Oops.

~ Carl

You better hurry up, 10 & 11yr olds are the best, once hooked they never forget. I took mine fishing at that age and now they are always eager to go.

But, once they turn 12 then they know everything.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Armadillo Zack Avatar
Armadillo Zack ZACHARY MOHRMANN
Fort Pierce, Florida, USA   USA
Hi...! I am also very new to this hobby and looking for a group in the east cost as well but here in Florida as my ability to travel is limited due to health issues.. Nothing to serious and under control with monthly doctors visits, but still limited in travel because I need to be near my doctors most of the time... I I wanted to build a chapter here in Florida's Treasure Cost area, or join one but I can't seem to find anyone of the people I've talked to either who wanted to have a east coast chapter of cycle kart racers.. I think though that the gentleman from Sandwich, IL. is correct if maybe we build our own first we will get self satisfaction, and enjoyment from the build, and than maybe by someone seeing my kart and how much fun I was having, that they will become interested in the sport and join in the fun and love of this crazy thing of ours... I know most my friends and family think I'm nuts when I talk about it, but I keep saying to mt self crazy as a fox...! Because deep in my heart I know there is little boy who wants to come out and build and ride in a kart that I built with my own 2 hands...! And should I be the only one in my area, then I will be somewhat unique and just enjoy the build and satisfaction of riding by my self with a kart I built on my own....! But in the mean time should you hear of anyone in the Florida, Treasure Coast area, give them my name through this site and I will be happy to respond to all who are interested...!
Best of Luck....!

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
That's the right approach, Zach!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Armadillo Zack Avatar
Armadillo Zack ZACHARY MOHRMANN
Fort Pierce, Florida, USA   USA
Thank You...!

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Zach
What you said about the appeal (bringing out the boy in you or finally getting the go kart you wanted as a child but never got) to our CycleKart "Age Demographic".
So think about this......the large retirement population in Florida and Arizona, lends itself to someone organizing workshops and events to build an use CycleKarts.......instead of sitting by the pool or golfing all day.
This is a Natural and has Great Potential.
Just takes someone with the right drive and organizational skills to make it happen!
Good Roads
Brian

rodder-rick Silver Member RICHARD WOOD
MONCTON, New Brunswick, Canada   CAN
1929 Ford Model A "MYTFINE"
1934 Ford Model B "BOOGIE"
1954 Chevrolet Corvette "EXCESIVE"
1976 Chevrolet Monza "SPYDER1"    & more
Hi Mark......you are not the only one out there who has reservations.....HOWEVER, as some of the other CK Club members have responded....YA GOTTA START SOMEWHERE!!!!!. I'm in Moncton New Brunswick Canada....about as far east as you can get in NA. I happened to stumble onto the CK website and was immediately hooked.....I'v built street rods, custom cars etc etc for well over 25 years. No one around here has a CK, however just talking about it has generated interest form a half dozen serious car guys who want to see how mine goes.....I've gathered up everything required and am about to start "the build".....and I know once I start, the garage door WILL be opening often by the curious to see how it's going.
New Jersey is only about a 10-11 hour drive from here....I'd say "i'm in the area" and would like to see an EAST COAST CHAPTER.....no reason why it couldn't be New England and Eastern Canada!!!!!!! You are correct in noticing there seems to be more....much more activity with CKs in the west.....but just like hot rods, Cycle Karts will eventually be popular in the east.......
Email me (rickewood9@gmail.com) or call (506-384-0009) sometime and we can chat......maybe by spring there will be enough serious "builders" and "owners" that we could have our own Grand Prix......Even though my CK is just getting started, I've got it entered in the largest local indoor carshow (Radical Speedsport) in April, and the Atlantic Nationals (largest outdoor car show) in July.....I expect to generate a lot of interest with those two events..........
--------rodder-rick (Richard Wood, Moncton, N.B., CA)

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hi Richard
Thanks for the call tonight........and follow up email.
Welcome to the B.C. CycleKart Chapter!
Your background makes you the perfect candidate for this fast growing hobby/sport.
We look forward to following your build with hopes of it being a great promotional tool for CycleKarting back east.
We also hope you can make the cross country trek to join us at an event sometime in the future.
You have been added to our growing Roster.
Good Roads
Brian

splitpoint Avatar
splitpoint Al C
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
My brother and I are planning a build for 2018. No idea where we're going to drive but we'll figure something out. Lets get this party started.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Which is exactly the right approach!
Build on!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1933 CycleKart Pre War

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links