CKC

Custom Karts Forum

Morgan Runabout 1909 Replica (Electric+pedals)

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tom Knight Avatar
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
1911 CycleKart Racing "Yellow Peril"
Love that headlight, I put a small one on my 1910 replica motorcycle & changed it to 12v bulb.....old dog

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P1050105.JPG    61 KB
P1050105.JPG

Wurger Semen K
Kharkov, Kharkovskaya oblast', Ukraine   UKR
It looks really cool. I had this kind of headlight among my choices on ebay, but ended up with lucas 420 headlight.

Torro123 Avatar
Torro123 René Wesselius
Amsterdam, NH, Netherlands   NLD
The headlight on my 1925 Terrot is also brass,i polished it only 1 time and it stays shiney,only perhaps 1 time a year buff it up a little

Attachments:
1112456082aa9a31b0.jpg    56.2 KB
1112456082aa9a31b0.jpg

Wurger Semen K
Battery is ready (and also the charger). Bought a headlight from old soviet car to insert into the brass headlight. Started to work on faux engine in the front. More photos here.

Wurger Semen K
A lot of miscellaneous documentation and construction work is done. More photos here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-25 05:51 AM by Wurger.

Wurger Semen K
Steel body for the battery is ready. Faux engine is almost done. More photos here.

MALCOLM JONES MARK S
PHOENIX, AZ, USA   USA
Hi Brian,
Re your wish for 50+ horsepower: I suggest you take a look at

www.pembleton.co.uk

Been there, done that. and You are right ! But then it's not a 6hp cyclekart.

Attachments:
IMG_0476.JPG    55 KB
IMG_0476.JPG

Wurger Semen K
Work is in progress. Wheels assembly delayed. For now there are small cosmetic improvements done. More photos here.

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. P.
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Hello Semen,
Great work indeed: from imagination to realisation of entire project, concept and details!
Regards,
Zoran
P.S.: next time to build one real V-Twin engine, working?

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Wurger Semen K
Thanks. Not a problem to install a real V-twin engine. Problem is to make such vehicle road legal here.

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. P.
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
In reply to # 24238 by Wurger Thanks. Not a problem to install a real V-twin engine. Problem is to make such vehicle road legal here.
======================================
... no possibility to use European Union directives fro ligth or heavy threewheelers and quadricycles?
My Serbia accepted such directives and made own laws and standards for such small motorised vehicles!
Swiss have something similar... Vehicle built under such directives could be attested, insured and registered for road use.
Zoran
P.S.: If such vehicle isn't possible (for now in Ukraine), then just big V-Twin in a style of old JAP? Playing with it until legal possibilities appeared?
Maybe to present it as survived original oldtimer, reoconstructed and modified a little? smoking smiley

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Wurger Semen K
Too long to explain. You have to comply with a lot of obsolete and/or stupid standards and undergo a lot of VERY expensive paid procedures to check if you comply. Not possible for self-made cars. Period. This is done to protect the existing monopolies in car manufacturing market.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 03:29 PM by Wurger.

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, Oregon, USA   USA
I had not been following your build until now. Beautiful work!

Sorry about the problems with regulations. Many Americans feel that we are the only country with over-restrictive rules on everything. while I agree that there are too many regulations that seem to be there for the benefit of large corporations, there are also many that protect the health and safety of millions of people. It's a mixed bag and a complicated problem that can't be solved by simplistic solutions.

I'm looking forward to how your electric drivetrain goes. I'm working on getting an electric Cyclekart ready for the races in Tieton, USA. I'm using a 5KW motor and controller from www.goldenmotor.com and battery from a Chevrolet Volt.

Have you seen the electric cars built by Johnny Dumfries? Go to www.gittrevillegp.com and look under 'The cars A-B-C' and you'll see a few of his electrics. Definitely check out the 1923 Austin Seven!

Can't wait to see what you do next.

Wurger Semen K
Thanks Bryan. I did use this website in the past during preparations for the project and especially this http://www.gittrevillegp.com/www.gittrevillegp.com/The_Cars_B/Pages/Morgan_F2.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-24 09:31 AM by Wurger.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1923 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links