CKC

Custom Karts Forum

Morgan Runabout 1909 Replica (Electric+pedals)

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Wurger Semen K
Kharkov, Kharkovskaya oblast', Ukraine   UKR
1909 Morgan Runabout "Bolivar" ~ For Sale ! ~
Step by step.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
08-27-2017-Photo98365_887918464694550_342154736_o.jpg    47.3 KB
08-27-2017-Photo98365_887918464694550_342154736_o.jpg

Wurger Semen K
Powerful scooter brakes installed, more photos here. I hope this week or early next week the car will be finished.

Attachments:
08-31-2017-Photo_171336.jpg    38.4 KB
08-31-2017-Photo_171336.jpg

08-31-2017-Photo_171316.jpg    42.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Wurger Semen K
A ron don don!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
21245533_890490007770729_874623436_n.jpg    27.7 KB
21245533_890490007770729_874623436_n.jpg

21322812_890489847770745_1765241813_n.jpg    21.6 KB
21269798_890489884437408_868542003_n.jpg    21.7 KB
21269515_890489927770737_1360610713_n.jpg    23.4 KB
geezerduck Avatar
geezerduck Tom Petry
Montclair, California, USA   USA
Beautiful machine!

Life is good on the lunatic fringe, Tom

Wurger Semen K
Thank you. More photos of higher quality coming soon.

Wurger Semen K
Some slightly higher quality fotos made in daylight - here.

Attachments:
09-02-2017-Photo_170859.jpg    44.2 KB
09-02-2017-Photo_170859.jpg

09-02-2017-Photo_170710.jpg    42.6 KB
moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. P.
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Hello, Semen!
Beautiful creation, both technically and aesthetically!

Did you try serious drive, with pedals or electric-motor, or in combination?
What are impressions, especially steering with that unusual handle, the same as used on the first Morgans?

Congratulations and happy rides!

Ciao,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Wurger Semen K
Zoran,
I will be able to answer in the end of the next week when I take it home and drive it to the exhibition.

Wurger Semen K
Unfortunately, the exhibition has been canceled but anyway I safely brought the Morgan home. Now please see professional photos here. I put this machine on unhurried sale though as I want to build something else now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-07 08:43 AM by Wurger.

Attachments:
DSC_7895.jpg    80.3 KB
DSC_7895.jpg

Wurger Semen K
Okay, now I can tell you how does it feel to drive this thing. First, you should avoid road pits, because if your front wheel falls into that pit when you drive with relatively high speed, you get very unpleasant experience, the wheel moves up and down violently and the only way to stop it is to stop the car completely. Probably we need harder springs for the front suspension. On a good road, however, the car runs perfectly, with a speed up to 30km/h. People were cheering. The steering lever is unusual, however, it is quite OK to use. I drove a 1km circle around my block with moderate traffic on the road and my adrenaline level was as high as probably an F1 pilot has during the race.

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. P.
In reply to # 26466 by Wurger Okay, now I can tell you how does it feel to drive this thing. First, you should avoid road pits, because if your front wheel falls into that pit when you drive with relatively high speed, you get very unpleasant experience, the wheel moves up and down violently and the only way to stop it is to stop the car completely. Probably we need harder springs for the front suspension. On a good road, however, the car runs perfectly, with a speed up to 30km/h. People were cheering. The steering lever is unusual, however, it is quite OK to use. I drove a 1km circle around my block with moderate traffic on the road and my adrenaline level was as high as probably an F1 pilot has during the race.
==========================================================
Hello Semen,
I am glad that your great and unusual project is finished in such a magnificent way! I couldn't wait to see what shall be your next project.
Its finish is wonderful, reminds me of an old project of my late brother - reconstruction of classic BMW 500! He collected all original parts and installed them by himself (it was possible to buy any of them in Belgrade in 1970!), and found a retired professional painter of carriages and fiacres that painted it by hand, including tiny strips (white or silver, I forgot now)...
--- ---
Did you test it with pedals only (probably not), or electric-motor only or in a combination? What is the weight of your Morgan and could it be modified for two persons? Just curiosity - that is too complicated and too expensive project for me.

I felt the same exhilaration when for the first time I tested my brother's anaemic VeloSolex! It seems to me that I was flying, but probably was slower than 20 km/hour. That persuaded me to buy it from him! Before that, I didn't have serious experience with a bicycle. When I later "tested" his wife's Benelli micro-scooter - it was really a flyer - faster than 40 km/hour, so that at the first ride I had an accident. Good thing was that I got it form them on free use for many months...
--- ---
About springing oscillation - I had similar problems with some of my old cars in bad condition: with dead hydraulic shock-absorbers - they become deadly unstable and with never-ending oscillations after some bumps, or tram railroad crossing. With semi-elliptic springs that were not so big problems, but with spiral springs (coils), that was terrifying (my Triumph Dolomite). As Morgan and many other light cyclecars and even real automobiles as Lancia - solved such problems with sliding-pilar suspension successfully without any shock-absorbers (as I know), probably that you are right - must use better springs...

Regards,
Zoran
P.S.: I attached two photos of Morgan 1909, just to remind us how accurate is your replica!

Zoran R. Pualić

Attachments:
Morgan, 1909, new photo.jpg    68.8 KB
Morgan, 1909, new photo.jpg

morgan, 1909, old photo.jpg    54.8 KB
Zoran & Benelli-1972..,.jpg    45 KB
Wurger Semen K
I tested it mostly with electric motor but also drove few meters with pedals. The weight is around 120-130kg. The vehicle can be modified for two persons, if I decide to install new body type to the chassis.

Attachments:
9255814227_7ca84cb013_k.jpg    97.8 KB
9255814227_7ca84cb013_k.jpg

Wurger Semen K
Brief status update
- attended Old Car Land exhibition in Kyiv Sep 29 - Oct 01 and won a diploma for best replicar plus a can of windscreen washer fluid as a valuable prize

- the machine was shown in the news and also few TV broadcasts dedicated specifically to my car

watch the video above from 5:27

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 03:17 AM by Wurger.

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. P.
Hello, Semen!

Thank you on beautiful short films and excellent presentation of your Morgan replica!
Enjoy in rides before you sell it, and inform us about final impressions of performances and road holding, but the even more about fun you have!

Regards,
Zoran
(nice to hear soft and pleasant Ukrainian language)

Zoran R. Pualić

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1911 CycleKart Racing

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links