AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
From what I read on that discussion those guys on there "DON"T" get it at all. Lots of willing builders tho, someone just has to enlighten them that's all.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bow Avatar
Bow Reverend Bow
Yuma, Arizona, USA   USA
1932 Morgan 3 Wheeler "BME Special"
In reply to # 25906 by CmdBentaxle How have we managed to get this far without such brilliant input?
Good Lord!

Now that is down right funny right there, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking....

This is coming from the same types of guys that race Spec Miata....

In reply to # 25908 by carChips From what I read on that discussion those guys on there "DON"T" get it at all. Lots of willing builders tho, someone just has to enlighten them that's all.

That is what I was thinking reading the comments as well...

I guess they are all loaded to the gills with cash and time...

I see a lot of people ragging on the 6.5hp engine as a power plant and speaking V-Twink, 500cc and liter engines, single wheel drive, single brake, etc...

it is quite obvious that are confusing CYCLE KART with CYCLE CAR and can't think outside the box

Bow

Cut it with and Axe, Beat it to Fit, Paint it to Match

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Ok, since I started with the sarcasm, I probably should be the first to tone it down a little.
Look, these are just car guys who are reacting to a very brief article and have not the remotest idea
of the history or development of cyclekarts. Sure, their running wild with all kinds of crazy ideas that come off as disrespectful of what we have so far. But they don't know that. As Victor says, they need a little guidance. With exposure the whole thing will appeal to some, and others will never get it.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
I received many of the same comment at the Pinehurst Car Show last weekend. We must realize almost everyone involved in motorsports the first thing on their mind is shinier, faster and more horsepower. For the most part after a little conversation and thought they all liked the idea. I handed out over 30 leaflets, if we see one or two looking for more information it was a good day.

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
In reply to # 25915 by CmdBentaxle Ok, since I started with the sarcasm, I probably should be the first to tone it down a little.
Look, these are just car guys who are reacting to a very brief article and have not the remotest idea
of the history or development of cyclekarts. Sure, their running wild with all kinds of crazy ideas that come off as disrespectful of what we have so far. But they don't know that.
As Victor says, they need a little guidance. With exposure the whole thing will appeal to some, and others will never get it.

Good healthy discussion has to have some crazy ideas thrown in, I didn't see any disrespect in that thread, just not informed.

Once anyone tries them, they get it right away.

BTW Dave, I love sarcasm!smileys with beer

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Silver Member Dave D
Federal Way, Washington, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
What did one guy call it? A fashion show I believe. Said he didn't have the skinny jeans or Man bun required for cyclekart racing. But, I'm willing to overlook the comments of one ignorant punk for the sake
of the well intentioned.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 25917 by Notso-Chinsee I received many of the same comment at the Pinehurst Car Show last weekend. We must realize almost everyone involved in motorsports the first thing on their mind is shinier, faster and more horsepower. For the most part after a little conversation and thought they all liked the idea. I handed out over 30 leaflets, if we see one or two looking for more information it was a good day.
Al
Do you think you drummed up any potential "Eastern Washington" Chapter members from your efforts?
We sue hope so!
Don is going out to do the same thing this weekend in his new duds and armed with enthusiasm and cyclekart cards.
Hope he has success as well.
Woody

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1932 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links