CKC

Custom Karts Forum

Morgan F4 Three Wheeler

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Onto the second preliminary stage of my cyclekart build, the first was buying a trailer, which allowed me to collect the 125cc scooter I bought Tuesday, which is the second stage. I've put this in the Custom Kart section as although it'll comply with specification on power output and dimensions, but it's a bit unconventional otherwise. The Sinnis Harrier I've bought turned up on ebay with light front end damage, I think I got a bargain at £112. considering it'll give me the complete back end of my kart, drivetrain, wheel, brake and suspension. Added to that there are various undamaged parts that I don't need, so selling them might even cover my outlay. I'll drop the level of the rear end by moving the fuel tank forward to above the engine, so the final height should be about level with the front edge of the seat in the photo.

The aim is to produce something as close as I can get to the car in the last two photos, minus the mudguards (fenders) of course. I've got some steel suitable for the build, left over from when I used to make trailers, but the next (and last) outing for the trailer (AKA rusty heap) in it's current form will be to collect the rest of the steel for the kart build, and for the rebuild of the trailer.

It'll take a while to do as I've got to organize a workspace, and I've got a big show coming up at Llangollen International Eisteddfod, which I need to get stock done for. I've got a gap then before another show in August, weeks holiday tacked on after the show, then another gap before a show late in October. Hopefully I'll at least get to a running chassis before Rhys's proposed gathering at Brooklands at the end of October.

I'll update this thread as and when there's progress, I'm hoping, being a cheapskate to come in under the £500 mark, if you want that in dollars you'll have to convert it yourselves, as the Pound's up and down like a yo-yo at the moment.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-15 10:58 AM by chrisenamels.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170613_170843.jpg    42.4 KB
20170613_170843.jpg

1935MorganF2SideView.JPG    71.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
1935MorganF2.JPG    67.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
sherwayne Sherwin R
Jacksonville, FL, USA   USA
Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to seeing more updates.

chrisenamels Avatar
It'll be the middle of July before I can do any more, as I'm away at a big show for a week from Saturday. Even then it'll only be preparing a working area that I can put a gazebo on, as I haven't got space to work inside. Then I'll collect the steel for the kart and trailer rebuild, and I can make some progress before my next big show at the end of August. I did have one bonus earlier in the week, when I notified the scooter as off road it was showing as taxed, so I assumed the refund would go to the previous owner, but no, I got a cheque for £9.91 which is a result.

chrisenamels Avatar
Well some progress, sort of, I realised yesterday that as I'd had to set up a Windows computer to install POI's on my "new" Garmin GPS, I could use Bigprint. So I downloaded the evaluation copy, established how easy it was to use, and splashed out a whole £17.41 on it, I've printed the plan view, just need to lay it out on a board, narrow it, and possibly tweak the cockpit. Total expenditure now stands at £169.50, including the wheels, without having yet sold any scooter parts.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1934 CycleKart Custom

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links