CKC

Custom Karts Forum

Custom Options

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
I too ave suggested adoption in a past post that seemed to get passed over.
Model T Ford box.
They were small, and mounted at the top of the column with 4 to 1 ratios (1926 -27 had 5 to 1)
They are plentiful in my back yard.
Good Roads
Woody

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Neto Ernest B
Berlin, Ohio, USA   USA
In reply to # 26743 by Woodysrods I too have suggested adoption in a past post that seemed to get passed over.
Model T Ford box.
They were small, and mounted at the top of the column with 4 to 1 ratios (1926 -27 had 5 to 1)
They are plentiful in my back yard.
Good Roads
Woody

Thanks for adding that to the list here. I don't recall reading that, but I may have not made note of it (in my noggin) because I don't have access to one of those.

I have extremely little experience with Model T's (A guy gave me a ride on his running chassis on his city street in Wichita Kansas back in 1975 - that's it), so I'm curious, how was it connected from the sector on down?

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Model T's are different from most systems, as the steering shaft hooks directly to the pitman arm at the bottom, running through a box (that is basically a big bushing bolted to the frame at the bottom) then the shaft has a triangular shaped plate at the top with three pins that support the tree planetary gears inside the brass box at the top with internal teeth acting as the sun gear. A centre stub shaft goes through the cap to attach the steering wheel (it has the centre drive gear attached).
Sounds complicated when described, but was actually a very simple set up.
T parts are still very available and easy to obtain.
Good Roads
Woody

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1924 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links