CKC

CycleKart Events Forum

2018 Tieton GP / Campbell Cup / Hillclimb photos

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Carlos Carneiro Avatar
PHOENIX, AZ, USA   USA
2015 CycleKart American "2015 VKC Italiano"
Hi, I just uploaded over 200 photos of the Tieton 2018 weekend on Facebook.
I'm not going to post them here because that would take forever.
Here are a few, but look me up on Facebook to see the whole batch.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first Tieton GP, despite having being DQ'ed from Saturday's event after just 2 laps.
Lesson learned, rookie mistake. Next year I'll try get to the checkered flag 1st, while going as slow as possible.
The next day at the Campbell Cup more than made up for it. The orchard circuit is located in a beautiful setting and there is no speed restriction. It is very fast and very bumpy, its very tough on kart and driver. Did 3 laps on the 1st session, then lost some time on the second session retightening my spokes. In the end I only did 5 laps total. This track demands complete focus, commitment, and courage to drive at the limit. I was truly challenged by the layout and terrain. My best lap was a 1m36s53. It was on lap 3 in the 1st session. I was not 100% satisfied with any of my laps, so there is room for improvement next year. The hillclimb did not go as well. That race was not suited for the VKC kart. Its weight made it one of the slowest up the hill...

A very big thanks goes out to my sponsor Vintage Kart Co. for supplying 2 cyclekarts and parts for this race!!!
Also thanks to the organizers, the City of Tieton, and to all who make this one-of-a-kind cyclekart event possible!!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
campbellCup20180005.JPG    31.3 KB
campbellCup20180005.JPG

campbellCup201800098a.JPG    39.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
campbellcup2018000108b.JPG    44.6 KB
campbellcup2018000155b.JPG    49.7 KB
JTremain Avatar
JTremain Justin Tremain
Oak HArbor, WA, USA   USA
1927 Nash Legion Special "Legion Special"
I'm betting that if we end up in the same Grand Prix heat next, we both get DQd by pushing each other.... I can't wait!!
I love the orchard! The entire time it's a fine balance between control and going off into the cherry trees. Must have complete focus every second!

How much does that #23 weight?

Thanks for the pics carlos

"Magic Man"

1927 Nash Modified: Legion Special
"Build" Thread - https://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?2,26661

Carlos Carneiro Avatar
PHOENIX, AZ, USA   USA
The #23 weighed in at 316 lbs.
The #10 weighed in at 357 lbs.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hi Carlos
It was such a pleasure to have finally met you! you are a true "Gentleman Racer" and I am glad to have had the privilege to have raced in the same heat as you before you were black flagged.
I do hope you make the trip north again next year!
I too got 5 laps in at the Orchard this year.........what a hoot!
Even though they went to a timed format rather than wheel to wheel racing.......it thought it was even more of a challenge to best each of your own laps. It also gave drivers a chance to set up corners and drive the line they wanted, without being impeded by other slower CKs.
Sorry I missed you at the end of the day and did not get say goodbye properly.
Good Roads
Brian

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Hi Carlos
Thank you, all of you guys really, who made the big drive up from Arizona to participate this year.
As you know, the Campbell Cup was sort of my baby this year, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
I was determined not to restrain guys unnecessarily there, and we were rewarded with seeing some fine brisk and may I say accident free driving from several of the fellows, your 1.36 the quickest, but by only 1 second. Joey Verpoorten had a 1.37 in Bloody Mary. I was back aways with a 1.46. Not that we were timing runs or anything (Yeah, right.) Anyway, it was a pleasure having all of you up and I already can't wait for next year.

Oh, and thanks for making my car look so good in your pictures too.
Hope it's not a whole year till we meet again.

Dave

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
So Dave where can we see our times??
Brian

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Alas! Unless one of us remembers them, the times are lost to history.
We didn't really make note of them unless they were standouts. There were A LOT of runs in the
1.50 to 2.00 range, and a fair number well over 2.00 min.
Only 4 drivers had sub 1.40 runs. Carlos, Johnny D, Joey and Al Lies.

Carlos Carneiro Avatar
PHOENIX, AZ, USA   USA
Wow, it's amazing that it was **THAT** close!!
1m36s lap, and 1 second split the top 2 fastest cyclekarts?
That's 2 completely different cyclekarts, they could not be more different.
Different builder, different chassis materials, different use of front end leaf spring suspension, different engine size, different power-to-wheels system, different tires, different wheels, different size wheels, and the kart weights are at opposite ends of the spectrum.
...and in the end, a mere 1 second difference! That's exciting! Just made the whole experience even better to know that it was that close!!!

Great by Joey in the Boody Mary!!, and also Dumfries (Bloody Mary) and Al Lies (Ford T Bucket) who also turned best laps under the 1m40 mark.

Hey Brian, nice meeting you too, and thanks for doing a great job driving the #10 VKC kart!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-27 08:38 PM by Carlos Carneiro.

Attachments:
campbellCup20180005a.JPG    45.8 KB
campbellCup20180005a.JPG

campbellCup201800096.JPG    61 KB
campbellcup2018000132.JPG    68.5 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1927 CycleKart Race Car

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links