Barrett Jackson Scottsdale 2018 AZ CycleKart Club meet up

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1924 Ford Model T "Viscount Vinson Special"
1927 CycleKart American "Mono Wasp"
If you are in the Phoenix area and attending the Barrett Jackson or for any reason....we are having an Arizona CycleKart Club meeting and run on Saturday Jan 20 Noon to 4PM at Dennis Thomas's house.

Feel free to join us. I don't want to post Dennis's street address on the web (he may have YouTube groupies), so PM me and I will let you know where to go.

We will be running the karts around the yard and grilling some hamburgers.

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20171209_153231.jpg    64.4 KB
20171209_153231.jpg

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Wish I could be there for both events!moody smiley
Brian

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Hello, Steve!
Thank you for always interesting and amusing information (texts, photos, films) about the activities of your CK-club/branch!
Following them, I enjoy (almost) the same as I am present there. Maybe, sometimes I ride with all of you and you didn't notice that.
(maybe some other of us from public are secret passenger at your karts, too)

However, I couldn't understand why you posted all that on this CUSTOM-KARTS forum?
My opinion is that all of the postings belong to CYCLEKART TECH forum, as your karts belong to standard CycleKarts, the same as your activities...

The same is written for activities of other clubs/branches presented here in this forum.

All the best in following gatherings, shows and races!

Ciao,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Who really cares where it's posted Zoran! It all shows up in "What's New on The CycleKart Club"
opening page.
God, I hate being put in special little boxes, let's just be one big happy forum.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hamburgers, CycleKarts, Car Auction, and Sunshine...........All sounds better than pushing snow around n the Tractor!
Right Denny?
Brian

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Although I’ve accepted the life of a hermit because of my inferiority complex, and
I’ve never felt comfortable in a group of my peers or in any large gathering……
you’re quite right Brian. A weekend of “Hamburgers, CycleKarts, Car Auction, and
Sunshine...........All sounds better than pushing snow around on the Tractor!”
This has been a fairly mild winter so far by Midwest standards, cept for that subzero snap
which just ended, but still, it really slows things down in the shop. I spend at least half
my time trying to keep the heat up in the barn. Been thru a ton of firewood already
and still have Feb. & March to go.
That said….I did finish up the bead roller, made a bunch of dies, not as many sets as
Lazze has to offer, but enough to build a Cyclekart body for sure. And getting a start on
my E-wheel which I’m trying to finalize the design on. Got a few new attachments done
for my lathe’s also. Still want to get my latest Bridgeport back together with its nice big
48” table, and have plans for a shot bag/planishing stand I’d like to build.
So……hope you guys out there in Sun City have a nice weekend over at the
Godfather’s place. Don’t make too much of a mess now and make sure ya’ll stay
to clean up when the dust settles.
Denny G
Sandwich, IL

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1924 Ford Model T "Viscount Vinson Special"
1927 CycleKart American "Mono Wasp"
We had a great time at Dennis Thomas's CycleKart Workshop this past Saturday. It was cold, about 60 degees....burrrrr.

We had an absolute blast. My 10 year old son and his 8 year old cousin got to drive quite a lot. Cyclekart smiles all around.

We had 7 karts on the "track", including Lowell Roemke's new full suspension kart and our newest member David Lake who had his wood body kart out for the first time.

Dennis and Dorinda were very kind to let us tear up the yard and feed us some fantastic burgers and dogs.

Dennis has posted some video on Youtube and I will have a video on my channel some time later today.

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

Attachments:
FB_IMG_1516590377090.jpg    40.5 KB
FB_IMG_1516590377090.jpg

FB_IMG_1516590443073.jpg    52.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
FB_IMG_1516590393743.jpg    55.8 KB
FB_IMG_1516590451398.jpg    57.2 KB
wally6800 Walter Luikey
Glen, NH, USA   USA
1954 MG TF
Denny,

Did you power the bead roller?

If so I would be very interested in how you created the power train to drive it.

If it would make you feel any better, we are having the same kind of weather here in the White Mountains.

Those people that are snow bound on the top of MT Washington ,station keepers that reside there all winter running the weather station, reported it was -37 Degrees last night and they had winds averaging 78 MPH.

Wally

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Don't want to bugger up Steve's thread, so I'll point ye in
a different direction.
http://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?2,28077
Shoot me a PM and I'll answer all your questions if I can.
dg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links