CycleKart Events Forum

Great British Cyclekart Meet Up

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hi Rhys
Just a say hello, and to wish you good luck with you upcoming event!smileys with beer
Thank you for your efforts! I am sure this will be the start of something good to to come.
The CycleKart World will be watching.
Good Roads
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
Thanks Woody, bashing your head against a brick wall hurts a whole lot less! I often wonder why I'm trying to spread the love!

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Sunday at Stretton, round the back of the Kart track, until the lunchtime demo on the kart track which the promoters want us to do. Lets hope we still have running karts!
Fly in at the adjacent airfield too. It will be like Brooklands. smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
That demo is sure to stir some interest. How many confirmed now?

Southampton, Southern England, UK   GBR
I have to drive half way across the country in a car with about the same amount of power as a CK but all things being equal I can make it. What Time Rhys?

In other news, I've shelved all other projects, started to demolish an old shed to make room for a new cyclekarte atelier/workshop and have the beginnings of a Morgan Aero on the drawing board.

I was at Beaulieu last WE and took some inspiration from the museum's Moggy and Bolster's Bloody Mary (in the flesh!). Also saw a very nice Salmson rolling chassis in amongst the jumble. I'm not expecting to finish anything before Sunday so I'll be driver-only but looking forward to seeing my first real CK and meeting everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-06 02:16 PM by Jonny T.

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Hi Jonny, 10ish is the anticipated start up. Nothing too formal. You will have a grand time talking with Chris about Morgan CKs.
Dave, at this stage 3 or 4 cars, maybe 5.

Thanks Rhys. Given the rear weight bias of a std CK, Morgans present quite a challenge but that's half the fun.. Good to hear I may have a fellow tricyclekartiste in Chris.

See you Sunday.

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
It depends how you do your Morgan whether the balance presents a challenge Jonny. I'm cheating and using the back end of a 125cc scooter so the engine is forward of the wheel. You can find my thread here: https://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?6,24699. I'll get the chance to make more progress soon, there's a lull between the autumn and winter shows, though there have been a number of enquiries about one of my model bosts recently so who knows. I'll probably be there a bit early Rhys, I'm only 25 miles away at Uppingham at the moment, so half an hour or so travelling.

Chris

Hi Chris, I just wrote a fairly detailed overview of my plans but submitted it with my cookies turned off. The site thought it was a hack and chewed it up. I'm taking a slightly experimental approach as well but it's a bit late to type it all out again so I'll bring some sketches on Sunday and we can swap notes then if you like. I'll start a design/build thread when I have a workspace organised so anyone can chime in..

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Well, it's been and gone. A huge thanks to all those that turned up. We may have had only 3 Cks, and I broke mine fairly early (I did start it for the first time yesterday), however, both Geoff may and Graham Hill allowed anyone to have multiple drives..
we were at a separate adjunct to the the main karting facility where a HUGE karting event a taking place. We were then invited to lap the "real" circuit at lunch time for the main event. It was stunning how many of the more mature karters came over and asked a whole lot of very poignant questions. Every last one of them "got it". The over riding comment was to not let the horsepower race get in the way of what we are trying to achieve. I suspect that we have a bunch of the more mature ex-karters wanting to join in. They were certainly asking for more details, guidelines, and contacts.
I suspect this is about to explode.
Thanks to all who put in the effort. At long last I feel the wall bashing has been worthwhile.

Thanks for organising it Rhys and thanks again to Graham and Geoff.

Two things I was quite surprised by today are just how much scope there is within the original formula for creating different driving characteristics and how much power single figure hp feels like in vehicle weighing 10 or 15 times less than a road car. I expect it feels about three times faster than it actually is but definitely as much fun as it looks on YouTube.. Oh yeah and thanks to Stefan for my first wheel.

Now, do I need a new workshop or can I make do with a tent..?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 06:55 PM by Jonny T.

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
If I knew how I would suggest a link to "Stretton Circuit" on Facebook, some fantastic comments from the karters, and brilliant photos. www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218374628943460&set=pcb.2103596499672085

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Congratulations on your first public outing, guys.
It's amazing how much more an impression CykleKarts make on
people when they see them in person the first time.
Well done.

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Rhys,

You seem to have succeeded in posting the link, despite thinking you didn't know how. It was a great day, thanks for setting it up, and to Graham and Geoff for letting all and sundry drive their karts. I was pleasantly surprised at the reaction of the karters near me, one commented "they're really quite quick", and the comments on the are Stretton page are great.

petrolderek Avatar
petrolderek Derek Evans
Wigan, lancs, UK   GBR
I am glad to hear it went off ok well done. I would have liked to get there with my Morgan CK but as I am only about 6 weeks into the built from scratch so there was no way to get it ready or even into a running condition to come. Just a bit too early for me next time for sure.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1970 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links