CycleKart Events Forum

Re: Tieton 2018!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
There must be many more on the brink of registering.
I hope.
Well, I'm off to meet the boys up at Slime Dog for one more outing. Then, it's down for
pre Tieton service and prep.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bensko Avatar
bensko Ben Hanisko
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Is the schedule of events posted somewhere? Maybe I missed it. Wondering about the general flow - will there be races on Friday? On Sunday? Or is everything concentrated on Saturday? Still trying to figure out a way to make this work.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Ben, I know this doesn't sound very confidence inspiring but, true to form, stuff is still being hammered out
during these final weeks. Each year has been somewhat unique, but generally follows this pattern.
Friday is arrival, check in, Tech inspection, and a few minor events. Drag races, and some skills challenges TAB.

Saturday is Tieton Grand Prix day. This will consist once again of various theme and heat races leading up to a big finale in the afternoon. Then a concours/show in the town square park.

Sunday will bring the Campbell Cup time trials event, which is held on private land. This is the infamous circuit run over the service roads of an orchard. No one should consider this event to be, because of no longer being wheel to wheel, a softer version than previous years. If your kart is deficient in any way, going fast on this track will lay it bare! I would still expect to see many failures.

If you're still running by Sunday afternoon, a hillclimb event is presently being worked on that may just deliver the coup de grace for a diminished machine.

Being that the number of entries is still not definitely known, much is not
solid.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
What about the Gordon Bennet Cup?

S'all for now!

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Sadly, the G.B. was a casualty of burdensome regulation and red tape. The race couldn't continue to be held on those roads, so a new venue will have to be found.

In the meantime, we are painfully without the race. I'm sure a lot of you share my disappointment with this.

bensko Avatar
bensko Ben Hanisko
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
That sounds like and awesome weekend! Sure wish I had my kart done. sad smiley

fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
Hillsboro, OR, USA   USA
1921 CycleKart German "Chitty"
Sorry guys,Chitty is going to sit out again this year.I was sick for nearly two weeks with the flu which put finances in really bad shape.Kristine is having medical issues also,she had her eyes worked on and cant see very well along with problems keeping her blood sugars in check.GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE DRIVERS!!!! I will check in next year to let you know how things are going,I want to come back soooooo bad!!!Thanks for letting me be a part of the cyclekart family

Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
Is there a schedule posted anywhere?

How late can we arrive on Friday, and still be involved in all the events?

Is there any camping nearby?

My CycleKart is ready, Iā€™m not!

1929 Riley Bitsa

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Don, I don't even have a schedule, and I'm supposed to be running alot of Sunday's main event!
Nothing serious is happening much before Noon on Friday, from what I can tell.
Thought I'd have heard more by now.
I believe the camping arrangements are the same.

fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
Hillsboro, OR, USA   USA
Wished I could go,I was sick for two weeks then sick again for couple days so that basically screwed my chances of going this year..My stash of cash is about $100 right now and that wont even cover the gas to get there.My suggestion is to find Johnny dumphries or Dennis,they can help you out,Good Luck and keep the wheels on the ground,LOL

fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
Hillsboro, OR, USA   USA
Hey Smokey,They have a course set up friday night on a parking lot to go thru some gates,it started around 2pm or so and went to around 5pm.There is camping near the warehouse but it more like field camping,ive always taken my trailer due to my GF issues.She is a bit Handicaped,has to use a walker and electric scooter

Attachments:
DSC03599.JPG    39.3 KB
DSC03599.JPG

BonnevilleHighSchool Avatar
Ogden, UT, USA   USA
Is there a date set for 2019 yet?

fly44 Avatar
fly44 Don Nothwang/c
Hillsboro, OR, USA   USA
I dont think so,Johnny would be the person to talk to,seems like he has most of the answers

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
There is no date yet for 2019.
Only the year by year faith that there will be another.

Neither will there be any driving test through the gates, according
to Johnny Dumfries.

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
That is two events that have been eliminated??sad smiley
Brian

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

2016 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links