AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
This is a much watch.....and in its entirety!thumbs up
Read the caption at the end.
Woody

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
dg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-22 08:23 PM by Denny Graham.

Woodysrods Avatar
My thoughts EXACTLY!
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Thank you, Brian, for an interesting video about the unusual light vehicle!
I saw it some years ago, the same as the frits video with the first variant of quadricycle, where could be seen more constructional details. Now, I couldn't find it - pity it was better than this second one...

Anyway, it is the cute reincarnation of CYCLECAR and not CycleKart! For sure that it would be "disqualified" from any competitive gathering, especially Tieton and not ready for "orchard" (cyclecars were never built to use at such terain, the same as were not vinatge GP cars)...

It is often usuful to watch video on YOUTUBE, where could be found inetresting comments, as this from creator's wife:

"My husband is not very good at figuring out the comment part of this. He found a current comment and showed me and I noticed a few years worth. He built this in a 2 year period. Requires a windshield, fenders, seatbelt. Had to get an indemnity bond a dealership value and insurance. Been long enough I don't remember if that was all. Has storage in front and trunk in back. A 200 cc water cooled engine with 4 forward, neutral, and reverse gears. Changed the wheels to 21" Harley wheels. Got more mileage than the bike tires which only lasted about 500 miles. Current wheels have over 5000 miles with practically no wear. If there are more questions we'll do our best to figure this out."

About speed - obviously that his cyclecar is quite fast for its size and nature, but I couldn't believe in 70 mph!
I had a lot of experience with cars that could catch and keep such speed (on a good day), but that was small sedans (family cars), as Zastava 750 (Fiat 600 d made under licence in Serbia), Citroen 2cv and Citroen Diane, Fiat 126 PL, Renault 4 L, then Trabant 601.
They were four-seater cars, heavy around 550-650 kg, engines from 650 ccs to 850 ccs, two or four cylinders, air-cooled or water-cooled, with 23 to 33 Hp, good hydraulic drum brakes, precise steering, independent suspension all-around, and so on...
In spite that they are more or less modern in their times, such speeds were practised in quite a daredevil style. (but, I was young then!)
In such light quadricycle as this guy made - I wouldn't like to go more than 60 km/hour...

For me - generally good construction and nice style!

Ciao,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Woodysrods Avatar
My question, after watching the video for the 4 time, is "what did he use as a steering box or rack to allow his
Cyclecar to travel at that speed with those skinny bicycle tires, and remain so stable?"
I have had opportunity at Tieton to drive a number of different CycleKarts and and have found them all to be
much "twitchier" at speed tan this guys appears.
Brian

Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
dg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-22 08:23 PM by Denny Graham.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Above all else, I'll bet he's got plenty of caster angle. The gokart steering is indeed quick, but not at all twitchy
once you get about 7 deg angle on it. 10 deg, and they'll run hands off. I was all set to put a rack in mine, but after correcting the caster, I liked it so much I decided to leave the Pittman arm in.

Woodysrods Avatar
Well I too have lots of Caster and a tight front end, so we will see when I get my Miller on the road in the spring.
Hope it works like I have dreamed it will.smiling bouncing smiley
Brian

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1929 CycleKart Race Car

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links