CycleKart Tech Forum

B.C. CycleKart Chapter

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Thanks for the inspiration update Don!thumbs up
Apparently there is more going on around here then is being reported.smiling bouncing smiley
Right Ed???
Keep up the good work guys....and don't be afraid to post your progress pictures over the winter months!
Spring will creep up on us before we know it!
Good Roads
Brian
PS
Don, you will be happy to know I got some new drill bits!
"Lighter = Faster!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Diggler70 Avatar
Diggler70 Dirk Jensen
Abbotsford, BC, Canada   CAN
Hi, my name is Dirk,
Newbie to the hobby, just curious if you guys are all building to a set of parameters for racing?. I live in Abbotsford so I am looking to get into the racing scene so to speak. If I start a build I want to make sure it meets up with whats being built. Also are there races organized for next year?. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks cool smiley

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Dirk,

The answer to your question can be found here: https://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?1,8100.

Take some time to explore the forum, there's a wealth of information here.

Chris

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Woodysrods Avatar
Hi Dirk
Phone me 250 768-1912
Brian
PS
I love your inspiration car.........I have a 1931 Alfa P3 CycleKart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-14 03:19 PM by Woodysrods.

Woodysrods Avatar
Vic
We need some pictures of what you are doing in your shop!
How is your new body coming along?
Inspire us!
Brian

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Ain't gotta shop so it's going pretty slow. I messed up my glassing job, so had to start over. Then it got too cold to put a new ply on. It's supposed to be warm this week, so I might get some on.

Any Idea what I should do for a hatch in the side, I bought a wrecked bike for the brakes and need access.

S'all for now!

Woodysrods Avatar
In reply to # 36746 by carChips Ain't gotta shop so it's going pretty slow. I messed up my glassing job, so had to start over. Then it got too cold to put a new ply on. It's supposed to be warm this week, so I might get some on.

Any Idea what I should do for a hatch in the side, I bought a wrecked bike for the brakes and need access.

Gas door from most any car at Pick n Pull.
But, why would you need access?
Unless we are talking "front" for access to master reservoir for filling????
Removable grill is easier in that case.
Brian

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Ya, at the front, so I can mount the new master and reservoir. I need to do that before I can do the engine cowl/tail section.

S'all for now!

RROLDSX Silver Member Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Sorry for the long absence. I’ve been distracted by other things. Finally purchased my metal for the frame so really no progress (as usual). Just wanted to say I haven’t lost interest, just priority levels. I had thought I’d get a chance to get going this November/December but instead spent most of the month travelling and getting ready to travel. We’re heading south for Jan/Feb so it doesn’t look good for me having a kart ready for Tieton. The good news is I’ll be able to make Tieton again this year because it wasn’t looking good for awhile there. We had originally planned to be in a Boston visiting grand kids then but we’ve managed to push it ahead. I have to admit I was a little down about that and took most of the Cyclekart wind it of my sails. March it is then for the first cut.

So after my update of excuses, I really just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Randy

Woodysrods Avatar
In reply to # 36670 by Diggler70 Hi, my name is Dirk,
Newbie to the hobby, just curious if you guys are all building to a set of parameters for racing?. I live in Abbotsford so I am looking to get into the racing scene so to speak. If I start a build I want to make sure it meets up with whats being built. Also are there races organized for next year?. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks cool smiley
Hi Dirk
Thanks for the call today!
Sorry, my long distance call that cam in from Minn. got a little long, and the # on my call display was your work number.
So, by time I was able to get back to you, they were closed for the day.
Brian
You can try me again tonight if you get this message.
Thanks
Brian

Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Hello Dirk, my name is Randy and I live in Delta. I don’t have a Cyclekart built yet but I’ve participated in some events and have been on this site for awhile now. This is a great hobby and a bunch of good guys on this forum. Welcome.

Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
Hey BC guys, keep those builds going, that’s what winter shop time is for.

Since my CycleKart is finished and perfect, I’m taking the rest of the winter off.

I leave for Mexico in the morning, see you at the end of March!

Adios!

1929 Riley Bitsa

Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Vic:
Already been to Mexico,currently in San Diego and Arizona next month. Have a great trip and maybe we’ll see ya in the spring.

Woodysrods Avatar
New members on the horizon!hot smiley
Brian

Woodysrods Avatar
Welcome New Members James O'Donnell and Pat McGrath....both from the Lower Mainland.
Glad to have you both onboard.
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-17 04:02 PM by Woodysrods.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links