AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Denny, it's foot wear choice or poor circulation to keep those toes warm. https://www.sorelfootwear.ca/en/mens-1964-pac-t-boot-NM1439.html?cgid=men-boots&dwvar_NM1439_variationColor=228#pgsize=26&start=16

Never tie them up too tight, I've been enjoying Canadian winters all my life, down to -40.

S'all for now!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
RROLDSX Silver Member Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Being originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba where it was so cold you’d have to break the smoke off your chimney. I can relate to you Denny. For years I went back to go snowmobiling with my buddies. After a couple of years I lost the taste for riding 80MPH into a 40MPH wind across a frozen lake at two in the morning. I thought I was on the moon! After almost losing digits to frostbite I thought to myself how much fun is this? But still on a relatively warm day this ice racing looks like a blast!

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
So Denny, I am of the same persuasion.
Not a winter activity guy!.........BUT, I like the thought of the freedom an iced over lake
gives to something that is already gobs of FUN like a CycleKart!hot smiley
And with the right equipment......good gloves, hot wine, Elmer Fudd hat, goggles, hot wine,
insulated boots, fireball, snowmobile suit, balaclava, hot wine, enclosed nose ( not like the
CK on the intro picture of the video) a fire, hotdogs, good friends,,,,,and did I mention "Hot Wine"?
This type of Winter Activity could be quite enjoyable.smiling bouncing smiley
Sooo.....picture my sink rad shell not cut out, but left intact, with the steering shaft coming thru the
drain hole with a shifter boot around it, to stop the flow of cold air from coming up between your
legs.
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
PC240002.JPG    28.3 KB
PC240002.JPG

Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Must be poor circulation Vic, cuz I tried everything that Sears Roebuck & Co. and Montgomery Ward
had to offer back in the 40's and 50's. And my saving grace, if there is such a thing, in this day and age
is winter wear from Duluth Trading, North Face, Cabela's, etc.
About the only time I spend out in the weather now is clearing snow, and Damn, sometimes I'm
out for the whole day since I've got nearly 300 feet of drive and a large pad between the house
and barn. But there are times, when it's down around 0°F and I've been just fine as long as I keep
moving. Other times, my finger turn what when it's 40° our there.
I do think I'd give an ice kart a try, as long as I had a nice fire pot to warm up next to when I trade
places with the next FOOL!!!
Just last week, I had my Suzuki out for a little run over to the neighbors and yesterday I took it down
by the creek to see what all the noise was all about. The other neighbor was clearing Ash that had
come down in wind storm last month. One big one across the creek which he pulled out with his
mini excavator. But.....it wasn't sub zero either, just in the 20's.
Brian, can't you constrain that entrepreneurial instinct? Sounds like your setting up an ice cart production
line. Remember that thing you were talking about........retirement?
Denny G

Woodysrods Avatar
In reply to # 37180 by Denny Graham
Brian, can't you constrain that entrepreneurial instinct? Sounds like your setting up an ice cart production
line. Remember that thing you were talking about........retirement?
Denny G

Just trying to help guys out!eye rolling smiley..........and keep my hands busy so I don't drink beer this month (starting tomorrow)
so I can get down to driving weight by June.
Who knows I might draw out some B.C. Lurkers????
Brian

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Ya, ya, that's the way it always starts out...before you know it you're up to your *(&^% in customers orders and
laying away nights worrying about getting all the orders out or if you'll be able to get steel when the stupid trade
wars shut down the borders.
Naw.....I've been approached many times since I've retired to do work for different guys. My answer is, I simply
don't have time to work on my own projects or my wife's.
Heck, if I had enough time to supply other people I would have had a Cyclekart on the street back in 2016.
It only took me 2 1/2 years to scratch build a Pitts biplane from a set of blueprints. I'm running into the third
year on this kart, because of all the distractions. And I was working 40 to 60 hour weeks during that build.
DG

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
1933 MG Magnette
I rode my sled many, many times in frigid weather in northern Alberta, so I know what you're saying. It gets mighty cold.

In reply to # 37176 by RROLDSX Being originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba where it was so cold you’d have to break the smoke off your chimney. I can relate to you Denny. For years I went back to go snowmobiling with my buddies. After a couple of years I lost the taste for riding 80MPH into a 40MPH wind across a frozen lake at two in the morning. I thought I was on the moon! After almost losing digits to frostbite I thought to myself how much fun is this? But still on a relatively warm day this ice racing looks like a blast!

S'all for now!

Woodysrods Avatar
So, I did a little more TAV clocking today.
Ended the day with 7:00 o'clock position which yields a 72" wheelbase.
I can always go to the clocking that I have on the Miller (which I really like)
and go to a 69" wheelbase (which I also like!)
But, I was trying to get the motor down a slow as I could, without dragging
it in the snow, Just so the gas tank does not become a "headrest"eye rolling smiley
And to keep good angle on the seat, so I will be protected from the cold
by the cowl.
Brian

Attachments:
P1040011.JPG    36.1 KB
P1040011.JPG

P1040017.JPG    42.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
P1040018.JPG    46.7 KB
P1040019.JPG    37.5 KB
Woodysrods Avatar
This is what my "Tapered" version of the "Ducati Shipping Crate base" conversion looks like.
To which I will be adding a Quarter Elliptic spring front suspension made from a modified Ski Doo
set of springs.
Brian

Attachments:
P1040013.JPG    45.8 KB
P1040013.JPG

P1040014.JPG    41.8 KB
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Looking good Woody, that's about the way it sits in the Riley. And I really think the
longer WB makes for a more practical setup all round, that is, more room in the
cockpit and the motor location.
I don't see how Justin can drop his motor down almost on the same plane and in
front of the axle and still keep the WB as stubby as it is.
dg

Woodysrods Avatar
Good Morning Denny
Had another thought while sleeping *or pretending to sleep) last night!confused smiley
I am going to try the motor plate below the axle, and drop the motor down and forward
and clock the TAV to 12 o'clock to reduce the wheelbase and see how much that will effect the
tank height.
I know I am overthinking this thing again! But I am like the scorpion in Aesop's Fable about the
Frog and the Scorpion.
Brian

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
1933 MG Magnette
Brian if that is your final fuel tank position, you won't need the fuel pump.

S'all for now!

Woodysrods Avatar
How about this for inspiration??smiling bouncing smiley
Brian
PS
Any B.C. Chapter members have any 19" Wheels and Tires?
Rear wheels preferred........but fronts will do, as I don't now how
popular 19" narrow rears are???confused smiley
I need some for the Ice Racer.
Please let me know ASAP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-05 03:08 PM by Woodysrods.

Attachments:
P1050002.JPG    44.2 KB
P1050002.JPG

MichaelR Avatar
MichaelR Michael Richard
Albany, GA., USA   USA
19 inch front is on the honda sl100 and are the same hub as the 90. I have one on the dront of my honda 250 bobber project. Hope that helps. As for 19 rears? Don't remember anything with 19's. Plenty of 18's The honda cb125s has 18 inch rears with same hub as the 90's.

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Just in your nature eh!!!! Well.....that don't make you all bad.
What's with the 19" wheel bit???
I'm gonna put a couple of 18's on the rear of the Riley, but I've
also got the 17's sitting in the wings just in case I ever make
it to a Stevenson purist meet.
dg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

2014 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links