Ice Racing CycleKarts

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
For some reason I can not watch this video enough!smiling bouncing smiley
Simple CKs having FUN!
Something for enthusiastic newbies to look at and consider!
Good Roads
Woody

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MichaelR Avatar
MichaelR Michael Richard
Albany, GA., USA   USA
I live in Southwest Georgia. I don't mean to be a bother, but what is ice? LOL

Woodysrods Avatar
Something more than just to cool off you summer beverage!smileys with beer
Have you ever been to Canada?
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Kelly Wood Avatar
Salt Lake City, UT, USA   USA
1910 CycleKart Great Britain "Sargette"
nice.

smiling smiley

MichaelR Avatar
MichaelR Michael Richard
Albany, GA., USA   USA
Just a bit of levity. Born in Pittsburgh PA. so yeah I know ice. We never see snow here. I think the last time it actually reached one inch it shut the whole state down. LOL I never thought about it till this thread, but a tire plant closed down several years ago and they tore it down. Anyone want to guess what's left? Well only a 40 acre level concrete slab. You heard that right. 40 acres. Now tell me that couldn't be put to good use. Or maybe sprayed and iced in winter. Woo Hoo.

Macadoo Mike McCloud/M
Polson, MT, USA   USA
Michael IR,
To quote ; " If you build it, they will come " (!) Sounds like a two season use; water to ice in the winter, dry concrete ( asphalt there already?) in summer, or water for drifting ?! 40 acres ? ; Multiple simultaneous events. How many CK's in your area ?

MichaelR Avatar
MichaelR Michael Richard
Albany, GA., USA   USA
Actually a grand total of none. Although I am designing at the moment, and sourcing parts. It really is a shame. It's a huge platform that could be used for all kinds of things. We have a former SAC air force base here too, although a lot of it is commercial use now. The main runway was for B52's and is approximately 4 miles long, extra wide, and three feet thick. But you can bet when I get mine done I will see about running it out there even if I'm the only one.

Macadoo Mike McCloud/M
Polson, MT, USA   USA
Sorry to here you're like the Lone Ranger there ! " Maybe"---if the idea went 'viral' thru this site, even some like-interest sites, that folks in neighboring ( close by ) states would appreciate having a go-to site like that. Is it also maybe good enough pavement to drag race on ? Would/could the owners be persuaded to donate space for 'Community' & write-off sponsorship ? I'm in Montana, we have dirt, rocks & trees !

Woodysrods Avatar
In reply to # 35555 by Macadoo Sorry to here you're like the Lone Ranger there ! " Maybe"---if the idea went 'viral' thru this site, even some like-interest sites, that folks in neighboring ( close by ) states would appreciate having a go-to site like that. Is it also maybe good enough pavement to drag race on ? Would/could the owners be persuaded to donate space for 'Community' & write-off sponsorship ? I'm in Montana, we have dirt, rocks & trees !
But beautiful red coloured dirt and rocks Mike!thumbs up
Woody

rctankboy2 Keith G
Leesburg, VA, USA   USA
MichaelR,
I grew up in 'Flor'da', in the Daytona area before everything was cut down and paved. Many a weekend was spent getting sideways on mud slick trails or red dirt roads. That said....WTH are those guys doing? Driving on ICE? Blasphemy! Anything below 60 is life threatening!

Seriously though, Im glad they have a place to race. I question their sanity for the location, and Ive heard all the stories about how thick the ice gets blah blah blah its just....yeah no. Cant get my head around it.

Good on them though!

Woodysrods Avatar
Just another reminder that winter is coming!confused smiley
But, don't these look like they would be perfect CycleKarts.
It seems they like the snow???smiling bouncing smiley
Woody

Attachments:
fullsizeoutput_119e.jpeg    42.5 KB
fullsizeoutput_119e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_119f.jpeg    42.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
e5ec3a6216064a01142c0c6014508e2b.jpg    51.9 KB
21-T-Laurel-Speedster-03-1024x766.jpg    41.8 KB
MichaelR Avatar
MichaelR Michael Richard
Albany, GA., USA   USA
Found a photo of the 40 acre slab. Would be awesome for a lot of things.

Attachments:
cooper.jpg    44.4 KB
cooper.jpg

Woodysrods Avatar
Looks like a frozen lake that could be used in the summer!thumbs upthumbs up
Build it and we will come!
Brian

Macadoo Mike McCloud/M
Polson, MT, USA   USA
Heya Brian ! Holy cow'sass man ! I could see that with all the markings or areas, marked out by the lines of wall, etc, that the whole thing could be used for many functions at once . Hope ya get a chance to get on it ! Thanks for the pic-a-chure !

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
That's a fine looking slab!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links