CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Inspiration is Everything!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
It is amazing how much you can achieve if totally inspired.
Interaction of late with a few members here on the Forum, has re inspired me
to get back out in the CK shop!smiling bouncing smiley
And boy does it feel good!
Not only getting something accomplished, but the excitement of dreaming up
new things in my sleep, or envisioning myself racing with my CK friends.hot smiley
Pick a great Inspiration Car and get at it!
Good Roads
Woody

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
So you go to sleep planning the next days tasks also! That and a bottle of Miller have been
my sedative for quite some time now.
But I gotta tell ya, I've been trying to read Steven Hawking since Christmas eve, now that will
really put you to sleep and give you something to dream about. I'm sure he was from another
planet, only an alien could think like he did.
dg

MichaelR Avatar
MichaelR Michael Richard
Albany, GA., USA   USA
If you really want to understand the whole universe while reading a book and as soon as you close the cover go...what did he say? Read Isaac Asimov's The Number of Things. Whew!! Hawkins is a delightful read with an open mind. I wrote him a letter about his A Brief History of Time book with a theory of my own, but no reply. So I figure it was too stupid to be possible, or he was writing his next book on it. I like to think it was the later, just sayin. Man's gotta dream.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Woodysrods Avatar
A couple of visits to and from fellow B.C. Cyclekart members and friends, has got me ready to re visit my Miller,
and going strong on my Ice Racer. Not to mention the talk of a "National Event" that is making all the time and effort
I have been putting into my CycleKart trailer (that I can sleep in) seem worthwhile??smiling bouncing smiley
I hope "Inspiration" like this is contagious!thumbs up
Good Roads
Brian

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
I'm sure doin' my share of promoting that carrot that Bill W was dangling in front of us.
But I'm afraid it's not getting very much response. Been four days and only four have
shown him any interest, such a shame.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Woodysrods Avatar
Some things take time Denny........and there are so many people away for the winter.
Wait until Spring Fever kicks in!
Remain Optimistic!smiling bouncing smiley
Brian

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
I hope so Brian, it just seems like the enthusiasm isn't here anymore like it
was three years ago when you and I first looked in on the forum.
I truly do hope it's just the winter doldrums that we're seeing. Even the guys
living in the tropics don't seem to be doing much of anything for the last
six or eight months.
I hope it's not me....I took a bath, cleaned up my act and have been making
a real effort to not be at all controversial or negative. Just trying to keep
it nice and vanilla.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
I have to confess being at a low ebb lately myself, cyclekart-wise.
I've given it some thought, and for me it's partly a matter of being long past any sort of gathering, with maybe months yet till the next. I guess I feed off the excitement of an upcoming event in a way that spurs me out to the shop. Without that sense of all the approaching fanfare and pageantry, the fire is hard to keep lit.

See, what I should have done is proclaim that the Maserati would be at Tieton this year. That would have got things moving, but it's probably unrealistic at this point. So, l go out now and then to give the Ferrari the attention it needs to stay in form, again with no sense of urgency.

Winter doldrums indeed.

Woodysrods Avatar
In reply to # 38056 by CmdBentaxle I have to confess being at a low ebb lately myself, cyclekart-wise.
I've given it some thought, and for me it's partly a matter of being long past any sort of gathering, with maybe months yet till the next. I guess I feed off the excitement of an upcoming event in a way that spurs me out to the shop. Without that sense of all the approaching fanfare and pageantry, the fire is hard to keep lit.

See, what I should have done is proclaim that the Maserati would be at Tieton this year. That would have got things moving, but it's probably unrealistic at this point. So, l go out now and then to give the Ferrari the attention it needs to stay in form, again with no sense of urgency.

Winter doldrums indeed.
What do you mean "unrealistic"...........let the excitement of the chase begin!hot smiley
Even if the Maserati doesn't make it??? Think how much fun it will be trying...and how much closer to completion it will be!!thumbs up
Bin there done that!........and it was all good!
Brian

Edit.................Okay how about if I dangle a Burrito out there?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-03 11:20 AM by Woodysrods.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Ha! What do you mean?
You're still there, doing that!
Seriously though. To get the last one done over 9 months meant spending a lot more time sequestered in the garage than I'm willing to do this time. And like you, I despise showing up with a work in progress.
It will appear publicly only when fit for display

Woodysrods Avatar
So how far along is it?
Still 5 months to Tieton?????????confused smiley
Brian

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Well no doubt we're all programmed a little differently. The kill never did do anything for me.
In fact in my younger days (teens in farm country) when we hunted, I'd shoot low just so
I wouldn't get the kill. With the cars and planes it was the same thing, what keeps me up
late at night and up early in the morning is the build. I'll be disappointed when it's all finished
up and the fact is....I've already been gathering up parts and making plans for the next one,
and maybe number three.
Don't get me wrong, if something like a Central National Meet were to ever happen, I'd be the
first one in line to support it. But my real interest still remains out in the shop as I have very little
interest in doing battle with anyone now a days. A few year back my buddy and I made it down
to Kansas City for the "Stovebolt Reunion" with one of our stock 1950 trucks. That was just a
7 hour's drive in an old Stovebolt, so a 1,000 mile trek for a long weekend of karting wouldn't
be out of the question for me. That's still only a days drive.
It may seem to most onlookers, that I spend all my time on the computer posting to the forum,
but it really isn't all that much time indeed. When I run in for a drink, or eats or to hit the head or
get up in the middle of the night, I just take 10 and check in, and maybe compose something.
60% of my time is spent in the shop, 20% napping, 15% on chores and maybe 5% blabbing on
the internet. Of course with winter coming to an end, then I'll have to give up some of that shop
time for summers chore list
The mail lady just dropped of my scales. I sprung for four of the same 300# Taylor mechanical scales
to figure my weight an balance. Took some numbers down now that most of the kart is hung together.
Then I brought the driver with helmet on board. So far, (no aluminum body work yet) tubby is tipping
the scales at 284lb/445lb. Weight at this point is dang near 60/40. That should shift a bit more to the
bow when I get all the body work hung on her.
DG

Woodysrods Avatar
284eye popping smiley............without the body?????confused smiley
You are going have to put that baby on a "donut hole" diet (get out the hole saw!) and
find some helium for the tires!
The only saving grace is that you have kept the driver "Fit" over the years!thumbs up
See you in Colorado!
Brian

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Naw, no diet necessary, she's like some of the gals I knew when I was a bachelor,
built fore comfort not speed. I could have bent the end of of a 1/2" round bar up 90°,
punched a hole for the rod ends and had my steering....but noooo......I've got a real
steering gear, much like one of the original cars of the 20's. I could have welded
a flat plate to the frame for my engine mount and been done with it, but nooooo.....I had
to float it on the axle down low and in front. I could have screwed a set of go kart foot pedals
to the side of the frame and been tooling round the pasture, but noooooo, I had to have swing
pedals.
Lots of ways I could have saved time,money and weight, but building this car is
a hobby for me and I'm building it like I would build a real car and I don't really
care if I get passed up by some hot dog in a 190 lb kart, if I ever make it to an event.
I'm still thinking about a swing axle on leaf spring for the tail end, just so it rides
better, but....just thinking on that one for now.
And that driver still needs to loose another 15 lbs!
dg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links