CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Is this still a cyclekart?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

maybug Avatar
maybug Geoff M
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK   GBR
Photo 1: The provenance,1934 March bodied Hornet at Jersey race meeting in 1930's ( please note lamps and wings (fenders)).
Photo 2: The present, 1934 March bodied Hornet with replica cyclekart on trailer.
Photo 3: Now with lamps and wings.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
J1192.JPG    27.9 KB
J1192.JPG

DSC01828.JPG    83.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_20181103_114156.jpg    76.3 KB
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Close enough for me, but most likely a cycle car. The deciding factors are engine, wheel base and weight.

S'all for now!

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Looks like he nailed it!thumbs up
But, yetis motor will tell the tale.
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
maybug Avatar
maybug Geoff M
Engine is cloned GX200
Wheelbase 65"
Track 39"

Cheers, Geoff

Attachments:
DSC01646.JPG    57.8 KB
DSC01646.JPG

bansil Doug H
Mnt City, USA   USA
That is cool combo

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
Of course it is Geoff, and a very fine one too!

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
It most definitely is Geoff, and great to drive too, I very much appreciated you letting me have a go. You and Graham are first in the queue to drive the Morgan once it's done.

Chris

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
In reply to # 36480 by maybug Photo 1: The provenance,1934 March bodied Hornet at Jersey race meeting in 1930's ( please note lamps and wings (fenders)).
Photo 2: The present, 1934 March bodied Hornet with replica cyclekart on a trailer.
Photo 3: Now with lamps and wings.
=======================================================
So, Geof,
Almost general conclusion is that your magnificent creation is true CycleKart and not Custom-kart or cyclecar.

Cyclecartism started as building scaled-down replicas of vintage-era GPracers - because Stevensons like them the best.
The same was with their "rules" (descriptions of what they found as the most practical and the best compromise of design, style and technical solutions - for them...
Now, there are quite wide filed for finding a place of somebody's own ideas and dreams what is the "standard" CycleKart.

Your scaled-down replica of 1934 Hornet sport-special is for sure in limits of modernised standards for acceptable CycleKart, both by design, technique and spirit.
It is at the same time one of the best replicas, almost the same as an inspirational automobile, built in the best proportions and details that I saw until now here in CK-Club!
Having seen it alone, without full-size cars or persons - it would like the real thing!

For you: nice feeling to have scaled-down replica and real automobile at the same place - looking like the nice countryside scene in England...

It would be good if you open your own topic here in CyclekartTech sub-forum and posted more photos and information, including those from a process of construction.

Regards,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-02 03:15 PM by moto-klasika.

Attachments:
Wolseley Hornet special 1933.jpg    63.7 KB
Wolseley Hornet special 1933.jpg

Wolseley Hornet special 1936.jpg    79.7 KB
Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Like I said before Geoff...............you nailed it!thumbs upthumbs up
Good Roads
Brian
smileys with beer

greggkishline Gregg Kishline
Kenosha, WI, USA   USA
It took me a moment to realize what I'd been presented with .... As a builder, I have all sorts of questions about its construction, and that's a conversation I hope you participate in. Meanwhile, I will just look at your photos - in awe of your vision and ability.

Proportion is always the tell-tale issue with scaled cars, but you succeeded where so many do not. I would be interested in a brief photo log of the build.

Gregg Kishline
Kenosha WI

Carty McCartFace Robert J
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Frankly, who cares about how excellent the cyclekart is, or how much it looks like the inspiration car?

Let’s talk about that inspiration car! Hehe. Gosh, I do love that type and style.

What a fantastic package you have there.

Which one’s more fun?

Peace,
Insanely Jealous smiling smiley

maybug Avatar
maybug Geoff M
A few progress photos as requested.

There also some clips on youtube under heading Geoff May. I would put a link on here but no idea how, I can handle a micrometer and a hammer but not a microchip or mouse!
Cheers, Geoff

Attachments:
DSC01602.JPG    59.3 KB
DSC01602.JPG

DSC01771.JPG    69.9 KB
DSC01816.JPG    76.6 KB
DSC01831.JPG    64.9 KB
dBlast Avatar
dBlast Vince De Blasi
Maple, ON, Canada   CAN
This thread contains more info on this build as well as links to the videos:

https://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?2,25624

Videos:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-03 11:56 AM by dBlast.

maybug Avatar
maybug Geoff M
With reference to above video .

Before anyone starts to put cable front brakes on their CK in practice it was not 100% successful due to cables pulling during turning. I have started to make them operated by a slave hydraulic M/cycle clutch slave cyl as shown on attached pictures. On these pictures you can see the turned disc in the back plate held in with 4 grub screws. there is also a pin which locates in stub axle to prevent the back plate turning. You can also see a bracket has to be cut off of one of the back plates and another one fabricated to hold the slave cylinder. This is because the Honda back plates are not "handed" and one has to be altered.

This has not yet been put to use, so hold this space!

Cheers, Geoff

Attachments:
DSC01970.JPG    37.9 KB
DSC01970.JPG

DSC01972.JPG    44.3 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1911 CycleKart Race Car

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links